Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 5/17/2015 1:20:00 AM

One of the best foundations I ever used! For reference, I got this in shades Beige 40 and 70 and mix them together, as sometimes I'm very tan. This looks so beautiful, I just can't explain! It gives a nice glow, but it's not super dewy, it lasts all day long, there's no need for powder as it sets so well. I love it for the nights out, looks great in photos and holds well through the night.

on 4/18/2015 3:40:00 PM

A good full coverage foundation. Sometimes leaves my skin a little dry on the cheeks which is why I will not purchase again - need something a bit kinder!

on 4/18/2015 11:41:00 AM

In the UK most high end make up counters flatly refuse to give out samples, so that they can put pressure on you to sit down and try it on your face for you. Once you agree to this and you arein the chair, you can bet that you will not be getting out of it without buying at least one product off them. ( most likely it wont even be the product that you originally expressed an interest in)
I asked for a sample of the chanel perfection lumiere and of course the SA flatly (and quite rudely too) refused. When she offered to try it on me, i agreed, and of course i knew i would then be subjected to the high pressure sales routine that these ladies are oh so skilled in.
Normally i am useless at resisting it but once i got this foundation on, i knew that there was no way i was going to buy it.
I was matched up to shade 22, which was a very good match. My biggest problem is that the coverage of this foundation is practically zero. I mentioned that to the SA, and she just said "oh do you think so?"and looked uterly shocked when i asked her to put a bit more on. Every single spot, dark patch and wrinkle was totally visible.
Granted the foundation did look glowy but that could have been for the umpteen balms and serums and primers that she used before the actual foundation itself. As for staying power, it was patchy by about 3 hours wear. One good point was that it did not sink into the smile lines around my mouth but i think that's because there was practically nothing In the way of coverage.
For once i evaded the high pressure sales and DID NOT buy this foundation. I would recommend it to ladies with perfect skin who only need very sheer coverage but even for that there are less expensive better foundations out there.

My search for the HG foundation goes on!

on 4/12/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was the first Chanel foundation I tried - and in all honesty, I'm in a love-hate relationship with it. more on the hate side.
The SA at Chanel in recommended me this in shade 30 Beige and I had it tried on with their Chanel Illuminating Base - it stayed put on my face the whole day and I fell in love with it!

However, when I went to purchase it, another SA said 40 Beige would be better for my skin tone (NC35 in MAC/4N1 in Estee Lauder DW), I alternatively still went for the 30 Beige.

When I now apply it on my face with the RT Expert Face brush, I can see that the colour looks slightly TOO light for my skin tone. I however use bronzer to darken it up slightly.

Staying power - DISAPPOINTED. this foundation made me look like an oily mess within 2/3 hours of wear. It also oxidised to a much more horrible colour and I looked like the bottom of a frying pan.

I was told by others that I should have tried the Perfection Lumiere Velvet - but i'm put off Chanel foundations now. I use it mixed with other foundations that are slightly dark or otherwise it's just lying in my makeup drawer.

on 4/10/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have never been so amazed with a foundation until i tried this. I usually wear Giorgio armani; luminous silk which i thought was the most suitable for my skin type as i dont like wearing heavy foundation but after a few years i decided i wanted a change and my friend recommended i try this. I brought a few samples first to test the waters and i found it applied perfectly on my skin and set really nicely. It felt a lot lighter compared to the armani one which i found took ages to dry and felt a bit tacky on my skin. With the Chanel foundation, i found it lasted all day and felt incredible on my skin... i didn't want to take it off ha! It also smells amazing, very peachy and i would recommend this to anyone who is after a light coverage.

on 4/9/2015 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm surprised to read so many bad reviews! this foundation is just amazing, I just purchased my fourth bottle of this... the color match is just amazing, I'm a medium skin tone with yellowish undertones and its really hard to find a foundation that matches, on this foundation im a color 30 BEIGE.
it is PERFECT match, I even get lots of compliments saying how amazingly skin-like this looks.
because I'm acne prone I do have lots of hyperpigmentation and this is very buildable... however I've never tried the double wear, I'm scared I might not like it as much hmm.

OHHH! I almost forgot... the packaging is just amazing AND the best part is that you can actually unscrew it and finish the entire thing.. or if youll feeling sneaky you could even buy a drugstore foundation and pour it!!

on 4/3/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is no match for double wear! The colour suited me well, I was shade 30. It smells lovely- apricot. However I became oily on my T zone after 5 hours of wear. This would never happen with double wear. I wanted to love this so much, but it just didn't meet my expectations. You might as well buy a high street foundation, as the performance is on that level. I'm shocked that Chanel has made such a lousey product to be honest. If it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't be so disappointed. Oh well back to the Estée Lauder counter I go.

on 4/1/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation when I bought it, I was expecting a medium-buildable coverage, Satin/Semi-Matte finish and long lasting foundation but I cant even get to see what the finished result of this foundation is like because it sets soo quickly that u cant even build the coverage without it looking extremely cakey and patchy? I have normal-dry skin but always have my skin prepped really well and can wear almost any foundation i try so thought it was just this paticular foundation on my skin so I got a sample of VitaLumiere and found that foundation does the same too it must be a Chanel thing. The only way I can get a nice application out of this foundation is if i mix it with Mac Face & Body which helps the product to glide but thins out the coverage other than that I've tried applying it using a RT stipple brush and buffing brush and neither work so if anybody has any suggestions on how to apply this foundation without it caking please let me know!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this foundation but once this runs out I think I'll try a different foundation with a nicer price.
I have oily spot prone skin but I hate completely matte high pigmented foundations this is perfect as it offers a demi matte finish with a nice coverage that is build able. My only problem is that I thought it would give me more of a glow considering its name and how good the sales assistant looked wearing it. I also still have to powder and set it as it's not a miracle worker on my pourous nose and on a hardcore night out doesn't fully last. However, It smells fantastic and comes with pretty packaging that includes a pump.

on 3/3/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It sets really quickly leaving satin finish. I wear it in 40 beige which is tiny bit too light but the undertone is yellowish which suits me very well. it definitely is super long wearing because it lasts on my oily skin all day long and at the end looks just as flawless. The coverage though is hard to build without looking cakey, but I usually only use it to even out my skin tone anyways. It doesn't do much at controlling oil so I always do have to blot however that is what I expected when I was buying it. overall I'm very happy with the longevity of this and flawless finish it leaves on my skin

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty