April 16, 2014 | 1799 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/oily skin. My face gets oily in the T-section mostly, but I wouldn't say that I am EXTREMELY oily. When wearing this foundation however, after a mere one hour, my face turned into a complete oil slick. It looked disgusting. Never have I had anything like this happen before. First off, it is a NIGHTMARE to blend onto the face (applying with fingers OR a brush). Secondly, the woman who sold me this foundation claimed that it was 'mattifying,' 'oil-free' and their best mattifying/oil-controlling foundation. She assured me it would not get oily. While when first applied it has a very nice natural and illuminating finish, it just does not last. I was literally having to go and touch up my make-up ever hour and as such, my face just ended up looking like a complete mess by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It has great build-able light to medium coverage, easy to apply and easy to work with (does not dry ultra fast). I find two pumps is more than enough, my favourite application at the moment is with a damp BB or RT sponge. It wears well throughout the day and you still have that fresh look after many hours which is always the sign a foundation is working well for me. I do set this with powder and use various different ones and they all combine well.

It looks neither matte nor dewy but more satiny and smooth - it really is love. I'm an NC15 and have this in 10 Beige. (arm swatch above) its a perfect match. I also have Vitalumiere Aqua but would repurchase this one before that one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by 12345e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

All you oily-skinned girls out there know how hard it is to find a foundation that can withstand your oiliness. I have tried so many foundations and haven't found one that beats this.

I find with Asian skin it's hard to find a perfect match for my skin tone but this is as close as I'm ever going to get.

I still get oily and have to use blotting papers during the day but this foundation lasts the longest. After a 7 hour day, other than my t-zone it looks pretty close to exactly how it looked in the morning. And I never use a primer.

I have some acne scarring on my cheeks and it does a pretty good job at covering it up, unless I want to look perfect, I don't need concealer.

Yes, it's expensive so I try not to use it everyday but I will repurchase this every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by milkandtaxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Restored my grandfather's disgusting skin, gnarled and windburned from 50 years as a farmer, to its former youthful glory. Thank you Chanel, we can put my grandfather to rest knowing he was looking his best.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation, but you have to have combination to oily skin otherwise it will look very caky and drying!!!
So if you have dry to normal skin, please try another chanel foundation, as this won't be suited to your skin.
If you have combination to oily skin and have some hyper pigmentation or flaws to cover up, you'll fall in love with this foundation!
It gives you medium to full coverage, it doesn't need to be set with powder (especially in winter)and literally it will stay on your face until you remove it (it last good 12-13 hours).
The only thing, I will point out is that it dries pretty quickly on your skin, so i suggest to apply and work it in sections.
It's one of those foundation that looks better after 15 minutes that you put it on, as it starts to melt with your skin!!!
Some more pros:
There are many colors to choose from, the smell of it is divine and it didn't break me out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Indii84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First things first, i have oily skin and have tried dozens of different foundations. From high end to low end. I have read product reviews in search of the holy grail of foundations for people who find after a few hours there face could be classified as shine town.

Alas i have found a product which doesn't break apart after a few hours. Let's get things clear though, every foundation will oxidise to a degree. You would be kidding yourself if you expected no foundation to have this problem. However this amazing product was on my face the entire day. Yes the entire 12 hours i was at work and was still in place when i got home! I love full coverage foundations. I prefer full coverage foundations as i have redness to cover. If your after a light coverage foundation this is definately not for you, however this foundation does not look cakey. You don't need to apply layer upon layer to achieve a flawless look. It does the job in one hit.

My skin is so oily, every foundation previously has melted away from my face 4 hours later. Not this bad boy! I did find the colour ever so slightly changed but it was natural and looked flawless. Team this up with Arbonne primer and you will be in love with this product as much as i am. Humidy may cause some slight shine hours later but dab it with a tissue and you are back to your wonderful matte finish.

Price is definately expensive, retailing in Australia for $86, but a little goes a long way and if you use less, in the end the price averages out. I did find the Laura Mercier Supreme foundation to be second to this foundation if your looking for a matte finish for oily skin less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been using Clinique's oil-free foundation when I decided it was time I picked out a new foundation. I loved mine (is great at oil control and looks & feels very natural on the skin), but it had a sheer coverage. So I started asking my friends and looking for reviews about several foundations. I was recommended the Mat Lumiere foundation, absolutely hated it (you can read my review about it if you're wondering why) and found myself giving up on Chanel. Until I tried this foundation!

The pros are the pretty packaging (which Chanel is known for), the medium coverage while still providing a natural look (it doesn't make you look cakey or artifical, but does a good job hiding slight imperfections) and the nice scent (doesn't have a heavy chemical smell like many other foundations, such as MAC foundations, for example). The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the price really. It is pricey, but it is worth it for me too.

Overall, I rated this a 5 out of 5 because it works so well for me as I have very few imperfections and a big problem with oily skin, but I do recommend you ask for a sample before buying it. Some products might work for some and not work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by sannakim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have suuuper oily skin, and I've tried so much, but the only thing that has really worked was mac's pro longwear foundation, but that looked so cakey and not natrual at all. I also tried the mat lumiere, but holy manoly, the foundation just slided all over my face and I looked like an oily mess. But this foundation just looks so much better! It's suuper matte and lightweight, and it looks like I'm wearing no foundation. It looks beautiful in pictures, last so long, does not slip and slipe troughout the day if you set it! This is the best foundation I've tried so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

Beautiful coverage. I have sensitive and oily skin (what a combo!) This foundation is just the right shade, coverage and finish. Let me compare with its rivals: YSL Teint Touche Eclat is too dewy and ends up oily, not to mention it oxidises and darkens after application. Estee Lauder Double Wear: Too cakey and drying. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk: Not enough coverage and doesn't last.

This Chanel Perfection Lumiere picks up where these guys go wrong. Its my skin, only better. Yet is still covers blemishes. Lifts my complexion up and the shades are a true match. Try this foundation first as its expensive but once you get the shade right and it works for you, it should be a payday treat. Enjoy!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Nagaika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the most terrible foundation I've ever tried. and unfortunately I understood it only after buying it. I have almost perfect skin, but this product makes it look just terrible. So, please ladies don't buy chanel because the previous foundations were great, the Lumiere line is a pricey bummer!