October 1, 2014 | 1884 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by nelehhx

I'm nearing the end of my honours year at uni and therefore stress is at an all-time high, which corresponds to having some pretty terrible skin. I'm blotchy, dull, just yuck. Also a few little pimples hanging around which is the icing on the cake.

I bought this because it had mostly good reviews and it was Chanel... so I kind of thought, being such a high end foundation, I'd just smear some on and look amazing.

I am terribly disappointed... clung to the few dry areas I have, coverage wasn't that great, and it just didn't feel comfortable on my face.

I have tried applying with fingers and a stippling brush, wasn't happy with either result.

If anyone has any pointers as to how I could make it work, I'm all ears :) I will try it again when my skin is in better condition, but I'm currently very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by EricaGrayson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation. Shade matches me perfectly and it doesn't cake! The texture is amazing and light yet it gives amazing coverage for my acne and scarring! LOVE.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by velektronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation. But its just not working for me. It accentuates my lines, and I'm only thirty. It will cling to any flakiness. It sets really fast, so I feel it does not blend that well. This would work for someone with really nice smooth skin. It's also good for oily skin, which I have. But I'd rather be a little shiny than wrinkly.

Will be back to using Vitalumiere.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfection Lumiere is my HG foundation! It gives my skin a flawless matte-satin finish and is extremely long-wearing, it literally lasts all day! It provides great coverage that is buildable depending on your needs. It gives the look of flawless, radiant skin, not heavy makeup on my face. It does not cause any breakouts or clogged pores. It's not greasy nor is it drying, I feel that it suits most skin types. My skin changed recently from being combination oily/dry to just plain dry, and that hasn't affected how the foundation works for me. (I've only needed to change my skincare products.) It also photographs beautifully! (I wore it for my wedding pictures.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by shelbymateljan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after running out of my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (which I wasn't totally happy with). I need a light/medium coverage with longevity to last the work day. I bought Chanel Perfection Lumiere in B20 and the Chanel Foundation Brush. I've tried so so many high end and drug store foundations, and this is by far my favourite. I highly recommend applying with the Chanel brush, it glides on and is easily blendable, and stays put all day without any powder to set. The finish is beautiful; not exactly matte, but not too dewy. It just gives that 'lit from within' look that everyone covets. My friends instantly complimented me on my makeup, and I didn't even tell them that I'd changed foundation! A great buy, make sure to moisturise well underneath if you have dry skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Pannnu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The best foundation I've ever used! The weather in my country is quite warm (for all the time) but this foundation sticks to my face for 8hrs surviving in the sweat and oils. Love the finish. When I wear it and go around, everyone thinks I'm not wearing any foundation and that I have a very healthy skin. Although I do not have any acnes or spots on my face, my skin tone is quite uneven but the foundation cures this. The smell is great. I love every details about this product. I bought Dior Snow after it has gone. But I didn't love the result. So I think I'll just buy Chanel again and stick to it for some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by PlusCelsius

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation.
Humidity surrounds my environment and cool, dry air is where I live to escape the outside elements of heat. Sunscreen is my staple and goes hand in hand with any foundation. Combination skin is what it calls itself for my skin type and the skin that claimed me can be a better friend if it had smaller pores.
Chanel Perfection, when applied after sunscreen, goes on smoothly and blends well with a semi-damp blending sponge. Yes, the one that looks like an egg. For more coverage, i use the sponge dry. I also have an Armani foundation brush which acts more like a never ending streaking brush when used with Chanel Perfection. You would need a well moisturized skin to use a stippling brush. If you have very dry skin, good luck blending.
I must admit, application makes a huge difference. If you have big pores and don't blend well, expect to see it in your pores. Cure: blending sponge (recommend the one from Sephora. Yes, that egg)
Chanel Perfection covers beautifully and controls shine well. How long does it last? It's one of the longest wearing foundations I have ever tried...the longest was the BB cream foundation that's ridiculously priced.
It also gives a matte finish, no powder needed if you're like me and couldn't be bothered with another step.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by renata007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation has a perfect coverage. It lasts long hours, doesn't make my skin oily, does not look heavy on my face, it's buildable as well. I always get compliments on it and people ask me what makeup I wear. it's pricey but it lasts me for one year.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by missericacourt

I'm a sucker for Chanel, but who isn't?

This is a great foundation though, but it works best when you treat it right. By that I mean, you can't apply it any old way. I found a duo fiber brush gives the best application. I squeeze some product onto a hard surface (a compact, for example), dip my brush in, and start swiping the product from the center of my face and buffing it in lightly in circular motions. It's important to do your face in sections, as the foundation can dry quickly (being oil-free) and then it's difficult to blend. I normally do each cheek and then my forehead.

It's possible to apply this sparingly and get a lot of coverage. I use between 1 and 2 pumps. The finish is semi-matte, for if you want a dewy finish try something else. That said, I can make this more dewy by highlighting with a light product (super light concealer or the like) and can give it more glow by using a light shimmer blush. No need for a setting powder, this stuff stays on for days if you don't wash it off.

It takes about 15-20 for the product to settle, and when it does it looks super flawless and less matte/caked on than immediately after application. And it photographs like a dream. I love this stuff, and I will forever repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by AlexaSzaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is now my go to foundation. I absolutely love it. Goes on even smooth and natural looking. I'm going to look for a highlighter and finishing powder to compliment it. Even without, this foundation is amazing. Stays on all day and looks great. Perfect coverage without looking heavy.