October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Voodoo

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Trilliana01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is smelly and feels horrible, like paint, on the lips. I don't recommend this. Had to try it myself because of the low price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I have to agree with the high ratings on this product. I find E.L.F. Lipsticks are very hit or miss but this lipstick is a definite hit. Smells delightfully fruity and the color payoff is great. Applies smoothly and doesn't highlight any dry spots or lines in my lips. I've eaten a full meal and only had to slightly touch up my lips after, and that's just because I'm very particular! They would've been fine even without. The color is a nice red bordering on slightly coral. I'm cool/neutral toned, and this looks beautiful paired with a smoky eye look. As with all Essential lipsticks, I hate the cheap packaging but that doesn't change my top rating on this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Wow! I'm so impressed with E.L.F lately! This lipstick is a beautiful, wearable red. It isn't too bright, or too dark. It's a pretty moisturizing formula, but still long lasting. I hate the cheap looking packaging, but for the price, I can totally look past it. HG status!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Extremely wearable no fuss brick red colour, I'm just amazed that this was so cheap and yet so good.

Colour is a very attractive brick red and colour payoff is just right for daytime. You can just swipe this around your mouth once for a lovely subtle red. If I were to compare it to say a Revlon colourburst lipstick, Voodoo comes off as almost sheer in comparison - but that is a GOOD thing, as you are far more in control of how saturated you wear the product. You can wear it as dark or as sheer as you like, as it is buildable. I would guess that this colour would suit many skin tones.

Texture is an understated matte - again, very versatile as you can add gloss for a dewy or shiny look, but on its own it is matte without looking dry. It's very well done! It feels comfortable and light to wear, and while it is not moisturising it did not dry my lips out either. There are no strong tastes or smells to put you off, although it is very slightly waxy when first applied.

Staying power is excellent for something that cost all of £1.50, and even without lip liner it is better than many other drugstore colours in this respect. It does fade, but it fades evenly. I generally find with red lipstick you have to be prepared for constant touch ups (because nothing looks worse than a faded red lip) but this is the most low maintenance red I own, including my Revlon lip butter in candy apple. I can wear this red in daytime and know that it does not look overdone and that I won't have to be constantly checking it.

Packaging is the only thing I can mark this down on - I don't particularly mind that it looks ugly, but I don't like how stiff this is when you twist up and down. It does not inspire confidence that the product won't break. If that happened, I'd melt the lippie into a palette so I could keep using it, that's how good it is. It's the only E.L.F lipstick I own, but on the strength of this one I'm going to try others.

In conclusion this is not my HG red (that is Revlon colourburst in crimson) but it is something I never thought I'd come across - a genuinely casual, everyday red in a grown-up shade that you can wear as easily as a balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by BerkeleyChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful red lipstick with a touch of berry. It has a rich texture that is a cross between a satin and matte feel. This lipstick has fabulous staying power and looks especially pretty with purples and plums on the eyes. I highly recommend this shade because it is quite pigmented and adds instant gamour.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by thegrumpus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE this shade. I first bought this when I wanted to start branching out and trying more intense lip shades. I fell in love with this shade right away, and having since tried countless lipsticks from cheap to expensive, I still have yet to find an understated brickish red(with a hint of brown) shade that works for an everyday look that I like as much as voodoo. I am an NC15 and it goes very nicely with my skin tone. It has good staying power, it has a matte finish, and it isn't drying to the lips either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing plumy red and it wears very well. It is an astonishing find for $1.00! It has a berry fragrance to it. I'm on my second tube, so this is definitely a repeat buy for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Sasy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this red. As a NC15 the color is perfect. I just discovered Chanel discontinued my Lotus Rouge color and I'm using this as a substitute since Chanel Customer Service can't seem to answer my inquiry for the closest match to the Lotus Rouge. Seems like they did me a favor. This is wayyyyyyyyy cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, gorgeous, neutral, matte red! Love this, lasts pretty long, can sheer out the color by applying over lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by HeidiF69

The first time I tried this on, I thought it felt strange and waxy. I wasn't expect it to be a matte finish, since that's normally something I find in higher-end brands. When I tried it again, I realized it was the PERFECT brick/berry red for me. The matte finish keeps it from looking sleazy, and the color is so flattering and not too bright. It also lasts well and fades evenly.