April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Peach Girl BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Packaging: Comes in a pearlized, pink tube with a sticker label. It's functional, but not the most expensive-looking thing on my vanity. It is cute so I give it that.

Colour: I'm around NC17 with soft yellow undertones. I have shade #1. Straight out of the tube, I find that the colour is around N15 and very neutral; there is no discernible pink or yellow undertone. However, as you blend this there is a slight greyish-pink undertone. I definitely would have preferred a yellow-er undertone, but it doesn't look horrible when I apply it to my face and eventually oxidizes slightly to my skintone. I would not recommend #1 for anybody over NC/W 20.

Texture: This is one of the silkiest BB creams I've had the pleasure of trying. A typical Korean BB cream is what I call, well, a "balmy" texture- thick, medium-to-difficult blendability, and highly pigmented. However, this is a delight to blend! In my opinion the texture is akin to Japanese BB creams- silky in all its 'cone-y wonder. It's a complete breeze to just slap on (or in this case, blend) in the morning. It still has a thicker texture but it is super creamy. I have no idea what other reviewers were yapping about in the streakiness department: there was no streakiness whatsoever. This product has medium coverage when applied with fingers.

Scent: This product is definitely scented, and does linger for about an hour after application. It doesn't dissipate fast, so those who are sensitive to smell, be wary of this product. I'm no fragrance expert but to me it smells like a mild, sweet musky floral (?). It's not something I would douse myself in but it's not bad.

Finish: This BB cream slightly dewy, but it does not read "shiny" in any way. There are no visible shimmer particles, which I like. And holy crap, does this s*** have a serious NATURAL finish. It doesn't cake up even on my flakey days. It just makes me look like I have great skin. Simply put. this is amazing.

Longevity: WTF does this stuff last long. After 6~8 hours, I might be a little shiny but I still look great and I don't need to blot. I went out with this for about 15 hours and my face still looked good. Of course the coverage diminished around the oily bits, but I didn't look like a shiny, cakey mess. Mind you, during that time period I was sitting in air-conditioned rooms, sweating outside in the heat and exercising (and by exercising, I mean shopping). The oils on my face meshed with this product in a way where it strangely enhanced my skin; it didn't create the "floating" makeup face that other products create.

Bonus cheek/lip tint: I've never tried it on my lips because others have said it was very drying and my lips were in no condition to be even more dried out than they presently were. However, I did try it on my cheeks and I was pleasantly surprised. Normally bonus items that come with products are mediocre at best, but this is in my eyes is very nice quality; it's not just a cheap add-on! It's a bright, apricot-y warm pink colour that gives your cheeks a cute, flushed look. It's definitely a better pick compared to the standard cool pink for the flushed look. It does fade after 5 hours, though. However, the texture of this is really nice and easy to blend.

Overall: This is a great BB cream. I think both dry and oily skin types could make this work; it's very well-rounded! However, my gripe is that there is no available option for those with very yellow/olive skintones. #2 is reportedly the same shade as Skin79's hot pink BB cream, which was both grey and pink-toned.

Also, I have no idea why but this was pretty hard to find, in shade #1 at least. I had to get a friend to buy it for me in Hong Kong. Hopefully this will be resolved in the future when e-tailers start stocking this specific BB cream. This product deserves more recognition, especially more than the Aqua Petit Jelly crap.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this stuff. The lightest shade is so fair it's perfect for my pasty Irish skin. I use it on my legs too and it still lasts ages. Medium coverage. Nice blusher(no good on lips). Goes a bit shiny through the day but nothing powder doesn't fix. I can't see myself ever not buying this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the product, the shade looked good on me and I loved the way I looked with this bb cream on me. It might have been a bit too shiny, it took a long while to sink in but I was happy with it in the beginning. And the little blush was very cute, however I prefer to use my shiseido stick blush if I want a peachy creamy blush.
However the bliss didn't last. First it broke me out, then the skin on my cheeks got really dry so that all makeup looked awful. It took me three weeks and lots and lots of moisturiser, moisturising masks and skinproducts for the breakouts before my skin got back to normal, so I'm afraid this found it's way into the garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kiwimcnicol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels smooth and light on the skin.
Tried it before, put too much on and didn't like it so when I tried it again using a tiny amount I liked it a lot more.
It blends very easily and #1 matches my NW15 skin perfectly.
I LOVE the packaging and the cream blush/lip product.
None of the asian bb creams (this one, Skin79 gold, or Missha) have made me break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by cowhugger

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM! It's perfect for summer because it comes with an amazing little pot of a cream blusher/lip color in a gorgeous peach color. The blusher/lippie is built into the lid of the BB, which is genius and perfect for throwing in your purse. The cream pigment glides on wonderfully and it looks so good. I absolutely love that little feature. Anyways, onto the BB cream. I got Holika Holika's Peach Girl BB Cream in the shade #1 Light Beige. It's perfect for my B10 skin. I'd say the coverage is on the low side of medium. The SPF 37 PA++ is awesome too, I need SPF 30 or more on my face so I like that I don't have to put on a sunscreen with this. I love how it looks when applied and it's perfect in every way EXCEPT it made me break out! Every time I wore it for more than one day in a row I got huge gross spots on my face. I do continue to use the blusher it came with although it's more of a summer shade so I haven't used it lately. I might just depot the blusher and try to swap the BB with someone because it really is a lovely BB cream and if it doesn't break you out then I think someone would really enjoy using it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Comes very close to being a nice foundation which is something I use every day. Having the spf means I can forgo sunscreen application in the morning and just use this. The blush that comes with it is a nice pigmented extra.

Really like this bb cream :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Tessia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite BB cream, bought this on ebay for 10$ so it's quite cheap, the package is cute and practical, it's not too big and it also brings a little lip/cheek tint on the cap of the bottle which I love. I got the #1 shade and it works perfectly with my skin, it makes my skin feel moisturized and nice all the time while wearing it. It covers all my imperfections easily and it just looks and feels awesome. After applying it on my face with my fingers I add a bit of the cheek tint, and got a fresh look and moisturized skin for the rest of the day! Not to mention it also has solar protection :D Definitely using this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by cksa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I should preface this review by noting that my skin doesn't like silicones very much, and I should have remembered that before buying this! First, packaging-wise, I think this cream is ideal among BB creams--it's functional, it's got a bonus blush/lip tint built into the lid, there's nothing exposed to the elements, and it doesn't take up way more space than necessary *coughSkin79coughcough*. The label is actually just a paper sticker on the tube, which isn't a dealbreaker for me, but does look a little juvenile and cheap. Second, I got this in shade #2, and it matches me perfectly in both depth and tone--but I can't imagine that it would work for anyone darker than medium, unfortunately. The peach-colored cheek/lip tint is adorable and really does give me a peach-toned complexion, like the blushing parts on the skin of a white peach. It wears like a typical cream blush on me. Third, the price is supremely reasonable--I think I paid around $10 for the 50mL tube on eBay. There is a sweet fruity-herbal scent, but it's inoffensive to me (for some reason it does seem to cling more to me than other scented BB cream scents do; I catch whiffs of it throughout the day). It's light-medium coverage, definitely buildable. It doesn't look cakey; it's very "my skin but better." The wear is very good, and the texture is slippery and smooth, supremely easy to blend thanks to the silicones. Oil control is pretty good; I still have to blot during the day, but I can go longer without blotting and the oil sheet isn't that bad when I do blot. Bonus points for a very comfortable level of SPF protection!

And that leads me to the unfortunate negative for me...it broke me out within a week. I hate how my skin can't handle silicones! If it weren't for that, this would be the perfect foundation. To be honest, I have no idea whether this would do what it's supposed to do (you know..."balm" your "blemishes"), as the ingredients seem to be mostly silicone and I have no clue how many of those ingredients also count towards the skin/lip tint. Rice bran oil supposedly does help smooth one's complexion, though, so I guess there's that!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The creators of BB creams really know what they are doing. This one is no exception and may even be an exemplary model of what a BB cream should be.

This is a light cream but with a medium coverage. It has a delightful floral fragrance, and the tone is natural, albeit very pale (which is a TOTAL win for me) The blush/lip tint is a beautiful peachy cream. It's not a matte finish. It's dewy but if that drives you nuts, you can always use oil blotting papers to tone it down a bit.

And as a strange coincidence, this cream has helped soothe a skin reaction that I had. It's wonderful. This is a BB cream that I don't think I can live without.

Edited to add:
I can live without it. It caused a bit of a flareup between my eyebrows of all places. The color is fantastic, but the bumps disappeared when I stopped using it and switched back to the Skin79. It's a bit of a bummer but I am still totally in love with it. I am just going to have to swap it out regularly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by akane

The packaging of this BB Cream is very cute and there's a creme blush/lippie in the top cap. This BB Cream comes in 2 shades #1 and #2. I'm MAC NC30 and #2 blends on my skin perfectly.
This is medium coverage and on my oily skin it lasted for 5hrs