October 20, 2014 | 1152 users online

Polishes - Ulta - Pinata -Yada-Yada

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

So, I can't disagree with the price...I bought it for $2 at Ulta on sale and that's pretty great, what's 2 bucks, right?! But I have to say, this is a horrible, horrible nail polish. It's thick, goopy and the glitter payoff isn't that great at all, it's really quite cheap and awful. Instead of throwing away $2 I could have spent another few bucks and bought Nicole by OPI's Confetti Fun or Carnival by NYX.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by kas22782

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this glitter polish. Has lots of different colors. I got it on sale 2 for $5. I would recommend it and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

I love this glitter polish. It's almost a perfect dupe of Deborah Lipmann's Happy Birthday, except only about $6 versus $20. Even better, I got this for free with my Ulta reward. It's not something I'd use everyday, but it's really fun and I love the rainbow of colors. I can't speak to the staying power since I just put it on, but with a topcoat of seche vite it shouldn't chip too fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Love it! I've seen all the reviews and pictures of big chunky glitter polishes this fall and have been wanting one of my own without breaking the bank. Using my Ulta coupon, I snagged this for 20% off six bucks. As others have mentioned, it's a dupe for a Deborah Lippmann, but for much cheaper. I haven't tried to remove it yet, so I don't know if it'll be a nightmare. But I've officially found my Holiday 2011 nail accent. It just makes me *feel* happy, so it'll be worth it. It's just tremendously fun!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a cleared based polish with multi glitter flecks. This is fun over any polish. I like to wear at least two coats for the perfect amount of glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Sheila217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this polish by researching dupes for Deborah Lippman's Happy Birthday polish. I got this from Ulta for $2 in store. I love the chunky glitter and the beautiful colorful flecks. I like this polish with just one coat of glitter or 2-3 coats for a more dramatic look. I am not impressed with the packaging. The applicator handle did fall off on mine over and over too, but it stayed on during the application. In my opinion, you can't go wrong for the price and the look. I really like it! Removing it was a pain, as are most glitters. I used it on my toes over a red polish with gold shimmer. I kept it on for 2 weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

Ok, Ulta, you get points for duping Clare's Bedazzled which is a dupe for Lippmann's Happy Birthday. You also get points for putting this baby on sale for $2. Points off for packaging. The top of the lid came off the smaller little cover on the bottle top before I even tried opening it the first time. When I went to use it the first time, to celebrate my Packers winning their first game, I had to keep jamming the longer handle onto the smaller part that has the brush attached. (Note to self to glue this on when I have time, or I guess I could use a glob of NP!) When I buy something, I want it to be perfect, so my overall impression of Ulta has been tarnished. (I've also been told there are quality issues with many of their products. I was given one of their hand cremes last Christmas and it smells horrendous!) The glittery loveliness of this is nice. It works great over a base color, especially black. I had my nails painted green (Confetti My Favorite Martian) for the Packers' first game of the season and then added this glitterbomb in celebration of their win against the Saints. It needed two coats of top coat to keep it looking shiny but it has worn well since putting it on, of course that's due to the Poshe and then Revlon Extra Life No Chip TC I used over it. This is basically glitter suspended in clear polish and not for the faint of heart. I love the glittery goodness of it, especially to use for a special occasion. I would not wear this in a professional setting on a regular basis, nor would I use this often as I have many other holos, glitters, etc. I happen to work in a hospital and a visitor complimented me on my nails.:O) I do not work hands-on with patients, however. Will not be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was thrilled when I ran across this gorgeous nail polish in Ulta. I'd been looking for a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday for awhile. There's no way in the world I'd pay that much for any nail polish, much less one that I wouldn't be wearing all the time. From all the reading and looking at swatches I've done, I'd say this is a passable dupe. I'm tickled with it myself! It looks gorgeous over most any color, and I tend to use it as a topper and only as an accent color. As the previous reviewer mentioned, this stuff is an absolute bitch to take off. I typically hate glitters for that, but this seems to be worse than normal. It definitely requires pure acetone and scrubbing. It's fun for every once and awhile though, especially considering I paid less than $3 for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can only base this on pictures, but Pinata-Yada-Yada is a pretty good dupe for Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday. It is a multicolored glitter polish in a thick, somewhat goopy base. The glitter includes both large and small hexagonal pieces in blue, silver, pink, gold, and orange (and maybe others).

Application is a little tricky because the clear base is so thick, but it's still easy to get a evenly spaced coat of glitter on the nail, just make sure you don't have too much polish on the brush. I didn't have problems with dry time or with the glitter pieces dragging, and the glitter dries flat!

The mutlicolored glitter looks good over almost any base color, and it looks great with a matte topcoat. I've used it to try to dupe Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop (with Essie My Private Cabana) to pretty good effect.

The biggest problem is that removal is an utter nightmare, even as glitter polishes go! You can use the foil trick or put a quick layer of clear over the polish before removal to soften the blow, but no matter what I do, I have to scrub.

Still, I think it's worth it for the awesome look of this glitter. It's a steal at the Ulta price, especially if you can get it on sale.