August 27, 2014 | 1868 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Nutriganics Smoothing Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used a few masks here and there including Mint Julep, Aztec, Rhassoul, French Green Clay. I have oily, combo, and dehydrated skin. I'd say this was the best out of all masks I have used in terms of conditioning and giving a glow. Granted, this is a clay mask, so it's also meant to pull gunk out of your pores. While it did seem to clean out pores as well as any other clay mask, what really won be over was seeing that 'glow'. However, to be fair, that glow probably lasts less than a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Mask after falling in love with the brand's Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask.

I was not disappointed with this mask either. I use the mask once a week as part of my skin care routine. I really like TBS's new certified organic range. The Smoothing Mask left my face feeling soft and clear of impurities. The formulation of this mask is less harsh than the Ionic Clay Mask, making it more appropriate for sensitive skin. The smoothing mask seems to have a moisturiser like base, therefore it does not dry completely when applied to the skin. The increased moisture base (IMO) leaves the skin feeling nourished whilst the mask is applied and after it has been removed.

In comparison, I have used the Kora Organics by Miranda Kerr Hydrating Mask (marketed for normal to dry skin). My skin is dry to sensitive. TBS's Nutriganics Smoothing Mask is easier to apply - I use a small plastic spatula to remove it from the jar and smooth it onto my place using my fingers. The Kora Hydrating Mask on the other hand comes in a large tube. The contents of the tube is very thin, and I find it quite difficult to apply to the face as a mask.

I would recommend the Nutriganics Smoothing Mask to compliment any skin care routine!

The Nutriganics Smoothing Mask retails for $43.95 in Australian stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This product is marketing incorrectly but is a great product if you use it for its real purpose. For the longest time I disliked this. This does not smooth anything and I cannot really see what it does for the first signs of ageing. What this really is, is a clay mask which has some essential oils and isn't as aggressive as those clay masks that dry rock hard very quickly. This is a clay mask for where you don't want something so abrasive but still want a good purge. It has a creamy texture so if you leave it on for 10min, its still soft but leave it on for longer, it goes hard and cracks. Its self adjustable which I like. There is no smoothing action but it draws out impurities like most clay masks. THis is a bit overpriced but if you can get a 3 for 2 deal, its worth it.