October 1, 2014 | 1108 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Acure Organics - CALMING LAVENDER + LOTUS FLOWER BODY LOTION

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by LizM9

I am so excited abut Acure! Everything I have used from them so far has been WONDERFUL! The dry shampoo is AH.MAZING. The line eraser has greatly eased my 11s. The Radical Wrinkle Complex is fabulous. But this review is for the lavender body lotion which is AWESOME! I use it before I go to bed, and I feel like its slowing down the aging process on my hands, they are always SO SOFT and smooth in the morning. The scent is awesome, relaxing. The packaging is super cute, the price is great. I have yet to try something from this line that disappoints. If you try nothing else from Acure, TRY THEIR HAIR PRODUCTS. Or this lotion. Either way you willbe happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

This was the first lotion I purchased from Acure. I love, love, love Lavender.
I love the ingredients. LOVE. This is my top favorite organic line. Unlike 100%, nothing I have used from Acure has cause me any skin irritation or some kind of allergic reaction. Also most, if not all of their products are Gluten Free, so that is a huge plus for me.

The packaging works for me, I have the softer body squeeze tube like lotion bottles of this product, they sit on their opening so lotion comes out with easy. And it is super easy to cut open. I am the type of person that cuts open their lotion bottles to literally use every drop. This lotion isn't that cheap so I am not waiting a dime.

I have always had a pretty oily face. But as far as my body goes, it always feels incredibly dry. I find this body lotion very moisturizing, and I apply once a day after my shower. I have currently used this brand for 6 months and I have had nothing but great results with my skin. No Break out any where on my body and very moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by purplepengiunz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few months ago when my skin was freaking out (eczema and allergies) and I was hoping for a more natural solution for relief. While the lotion itself is light and smells wonderful (the scent fades pretty quick though), I didn't find it extraordinarily moisturizing or working some kind of magic on my skin. I used about half the bottle before setting it aside and purchasing Cetaphil, which worked much better for my skin condition.

Cue a couple of months later and I'm growing out my hair which is shoulder length, wavy/borderline curly, and THICK. I mean t h i c k, the kind that you WANT weighed down because otherwise, you look like a crossbreed of Hagrid and Chewbacca. So I'm going to share with you my weird experiment with this lotion that I don't necessarily recommend, because, unless you also look and feel like Grendel, you probably don't want your hair weighed down. However, this product is MAGIC as a leave-in for my hair!

I've tried it fresh out of the shower and as a leave-in on my ends before going to bed every night... My hair just soaks it up! At first, and I'm guessing the emulsifying wax is to blame for this, my hair looks slightly coated but more defined (as if I just applied a light pomade), but that soon fades and I'm left with shine, definition, and MOISTURE. Which is very hard to come by with my hair type.

I generally focus the application on my ends (and I sometimes apply a second or third coat, depending on how dry and rough they look/feel), but I also mix it with a light serum to rake through the rest of my hair. I stay away from the roots because the heaviness of my hair doesn't permit root volume, so I try to avoid using any non-volumizing products there. I've been using this lotion on my hair for about a week now and it has never been this soft or shiny without a crapton of silicones. I clarify weekly so hopefully that takes care of the wax... but this product is amazing. I would definitely repurchase specifically for this purpose.

Okay, you can stop looking at me like I'm a total weirdo now! I promise, it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This has been my favorite night time moisturizer to date...mainly because of the scent. A soothing sweet lavender concoction that i wish was a bit stronger. Not the most moisturizing lotion on planet earth but it works if you want something light without residue (and hate sticking to your sheets when you hit the sack). It keeps my skin pretty smooth. Don't even think about purchasing this if you have "chronic" dry skin or anything like that because it just won't cut it for you in the long run. I personally do love it and would never be without it. Cute packaging...organic...smells heavenly...keeps my skin in good shape..and i also use it to slick my hair in a bun at night before bed.....win win situation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by usagi555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

During the summertime my legs developed this annoying heat rash and this lotion did the trick to calm down the irritation and itchiness. This keeps my skin hydrated and soft. Plus the aroma is delicate, calming, and dissipates quickly. After this I've tried other of the Acure body lotions and fallen in love with all of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by jago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw Acure Organics at Whole Foods a few times, just the facial line, and thought it sounded interesting, but since I wasn't looking for skincare at the time, avoided buying any.
A few weeks later, I was feeling super stressed, and was browsing at another grocery store. I saw the sale tag for lotions by Acure Organics, and my eye was drawn to the Lavender + Lotus lotion (calming) because I'd been feeling so stressed. It was on sale for $6, and the quick scan of ingredients sounded good, so I bought it.

The next day, I went back and bough another bottle, plus 2 more in the energizing scent.

This stuff is wonderful! It absorbs quickly, leaving no tacky residue, and imparts a very natural lavender scent (I think even those who don't like lavender will like this). The scent fades fairly fast, which I consider a bonus. I find the act of applying it and inhaling the scent very calming at bedtime, in the past lotion application has always felt like a chore.

And those ingredients I scanned? They're wondering! My skin has greatly improved. Because the lotion feels so light, and sinks in so quickly, it's hard to tell if it will really help much. After a few days use, it was clear that it was really helping me out (and the chronically dry & scaly surgery scar on my elbow - so much softer now!).

INGREDIENTS: Organic Curoxidant Blend (acai berry, blackberry, rosehips, pomegranate), *Calendula, *Chamomile, *Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, *mango ceylon (camelia), *lotus flower, *Aloe Vera, Emulsifying Wax NF (vegetable), *Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Seed Butter, *Safflower Oil, *Coconut Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Vegetable Glycerin, *Sunflower Oil, Infusion of *Calendula Flowers in Fair Trade Certified *Olive Oil, *Argan oil, *Pumpkin seed oil, Glucono Delta Lactone, Lavender essential oil, Vitamin E, *evening primrose oil, Potassium Sorbate, lemon oil