October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Bronzers - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Summer Glow Powder in Sunset

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Every once in a while, I get a wild hair up the derriere and decide that bronzers really DO work for me, I just haven't found THE ONE. And last week I convinced myself that this bronzer was THE ONE.

God, it is beautiful. Dior knows what they're doing when it comes to creating beautiful, eye catching products that make women crazy with longing. I'm sure they move tons of product just because it's pretty.

That would be the case with me.

In the package, this looks like gold dust fallen from the wings of angels to fall upon a ripe, juicy peach hanging from a sun dappled tree pregnant with fruit growing in the soil of Eden itself.

Not so much on my cheeks.

I chose this one rather than Aurora because I felt the pink tones in the other would be too cool for me. This one had the warm tones that I usually seek out, since they complement my coloring the best. On my wrist, it looked like a delicate peachy flush. On my cheeks, it looked orange and muddy and decidedly not delicate. I definitely looked more drag queen than mother of all creation.

I don't think that is the fault of the product, which I feel to be very high quality. I got an amazing intesity with just a teensy swipe over the product. It's just that it's too much for my pale complection. I think this would probably be absolutely amazing on someone with a deeper skintone, though I don't know that it would be dark enough for those with very dark skin. Possibly.

The packaging of course, is very high end and the brush that comes with it actually works.

I had to return this, because I can't justify keeping such a costly product when it will just sit in my drawer. But for the right person...absolutely worth every penny.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No