April 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Treatments - Avon - Genics

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by JudyDan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. I really saw discolorations and fine lines decrease. Goes on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by gmsuperstar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a shame for those who have had bad reactions to this cream. I have been using this for a couple of weeks and am really impressed with the results, which for me have come about fairly quickly. I have noticed a definite improvement in the lines on my cheeks and neck, the sun damage/skin tone on my face and chest. I use the serum first then follow with the cream, morning and night. I AM an Avon rep in Australia, and I find that the serum & cream are pretty expensive even for me - they sell for $70 and $50 respectively here and that's on sale - so I have been using the samples, which by the way are in sachets here, not tubes, unfortunately.I am not easily impressed, and have used heaps of different products (I am my girlfriends guineapig), but these two products have really impressed me. At this rate I should be looking 10 years younger in a few more months - will keep you posted.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i think this is expensive for something that did nothing. i liked the feel of the cream and it didn't break me out, so i'll give it a 2. however, i saw no results from it at all...and i stuck with it and finished the jar. plus, it's a jar. i know a lot of products out there are in jars. but, i recently read online that as soon as you open them and the air hits the creams that the ingredients start to breakdown (read about this online) and they are never the same. they just get weaker and weaker each time you open and use them. so , it sounds like pump bottles are much more hygenic (i think) and more potent (retain the original strength because the air doesn't touch the product).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am generally not keen on AVONs skincare products but this is the exception. It really is fab and has made a difference to my lines and teeny wrinkles. My skin is well moisturised from using this every night. Makeup definitely goes on more evenly and smoothly when I use this. It is not heavily scented and so does not make my hormonal sensitive skin break out as many heavy creams do normally.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sitahoyt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Anew Genics Night treatment and eye creams are amazing. I noticed a difference in my skin clarity and texture within three days. After one month, my skin glows. Must try!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Like one of the previous MUAer said, this is nothing more than
a glycolic cream. It is an effective product, however given the price and the way way over packaging, I will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by michailkas21

that's simply an avon's glycolic acid cream i didn't notice any dramatic difference in my complexion, it moisturizes well and keeps blemishes at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by corkeyes

It is either this or the Garnier BB cream but something has made my skin look so much better. I suspect it is this-no offence to the Garnier product.
So give it a go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this product a 30 day trial. Although I did use Estee Lauder serum, I replaced their timezone moisturizer I had been using at night with this.

I had to take a lippie off because it is advertised to make you look 10 years younger. Nope. I didn't expect it to do so either but in my judgement if you advertise something your product needs to fulfill your advertisement. It did not do this.

The size of the jar is 1 ounce. for 38.00.

Ingredients listed from Avon website:
DISODIUM EDTA
PARFUM/FRAGRANCE
CARAMEL
YELLOW 5/CI 19140

To my untrained eye this is basically a dimethicone and AHA cream. I am under the impression that the leaf extracts listed are probably the patented ingredients.

I have used AHA on my skin and this appears to be very mild. It is advertised that you can even use it on crows feet and under eye area.

As I have said this cream does not fulfill the promises made by Avon, but is it a good moisturizer? Yes it is. Very good in fact, expecially for me and my skin.

I tend to still have breakouts from heavy emollient creams even at 50. This smoothes, soothes and restores moisture to my skin and because it has a 'cone in it it smoothes my face out as well---which creates a look of less aging.

This moisturizes as good as any high end (which this isn't cheap by any means in my opinion) or luxury items.

With the most important (to me) bonus' and that is 1. It doesn't smother my skin into massive cystic breakouts or milia 2. It isn't shiny. I get no---oil slick look on my face.

Yes I'll buy this again---perhaps. Haven't made my mind up for sure.

If you have skin like me you might really enjoy this cream. But if you have a sensitivity to any 'cones or AHA you will definately need to proceed with caution. Hope this review helps. (I don't sell Avon but I buy something just about each brochure).

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by vpnyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive but it is very nice. A very rich moisturizer that I was lucky enough to get on sale. Use it only at night and on my neck, face, knees and elbows. I would not say that it has turned back the aging clock but is it certainly superior to most I have tired.