July 24, 2014 | 1783 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Genics

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Can I rant for a moment about excess packaging? The box is huge - bigger than most face creams - but the cream inside is only 30mL (1 ounce), which is smaller than average. OK, the size is clearly stated on the outside but after I pulled off the shrink-wrap, I found the jar was wrapped again in plastic sleeves (like the Styrofoam pieces a coffee maker is wrapped in before they put it in the box).

The cream itself is thick but it does absorb well into my skin, and it is a bit on the rich side for my skin type, but not too greasy. The fragrance is pretty, though I would have preferred it without.

I'm almost done the jar and haven't seen any changes in my skin. The cream does contain glycolic acid but I haven't noticed any exfoliation. On the pro side, I haven't had any reactions or problems with this either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by RNBill

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a 42 year old man and I've used this treatment now for about 2 years. I only use it at night after a shower and I have to say that I like the results. My face looks clearer, looks smoother, and feels better. I don't have very much experience with face creams or beauty products, but this really seems to work. I do experience a slight burning sensation when I first apply it, but it only lasts for a few seconds and in my mind that means it's working... The longer I wait after showering to apply the cream, the less noticeable the burn is. A one ounce jar lasts me about 4 months and although the product is expensive the benefits seems to be worth it. I purchased my first jar from a friend who is an Avon representative, she gave me the original sample to try. After that first jar I decided to look around for others who sell Avon products and found ebay.com to be a good source for Avon Genics items. Most products cost less than half of what the reps are asking and they provide free shipping. I hope this review from a guy is helpful, I have been told I look younger than my age and I hope these Avon products have something to do with that.....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by JudyDan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. I really saw discolorations and fine lines decrease. Goes on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by gmsuperstar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a shame for those who have had bad reactions to this cream. I have been using this for a couple of weeks and am really impressed with the results, which for me have come about fairly quickly. I have noticed a definite improvement in the lines on my cheeks and neck, the sun damage/skin tone on my face and chest. I use the serum first then follow with the cream, morning and night. I AM an Avon rep in Australia, and I find that the serum & cream are pretty expensive even for me - they sell for $70 and $50 respectively here and that's on sale - so I have been using the samples, which by the way are in sachets here, not tubes, unfortunately.I am not easily impressed, and have used heaps of different products (I am my girlfriends guineapig), but these two products have really impressed me. At this rate I should be looking 10 years younger in a few more months - will keep you posted.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i think this is expensive for something that did nothing. i liked the feel of the cream and it didn't break me out, so i'll give it a 2. however, i saw no results from it at all...and i stuck with it and finished the jar. plus, it's a jar. i know a lot of products out there are in jars. but, i recently read online that as soon as you open them and the air hits the creams that the ingredients start to breakdown (read about this online) and they are never the same. they just get weaker and weaker each time you open and use them. so , it sounds like pump bottles are much more hygenic (i think) and more potent (retain the original strength because the air doesn't touch the product).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am generally not keen on AVONs skincare products but this is the exception. It really is fab and has made a difference to my lines and teeny wrinkles. My skin is well moisturised from using this every night. Makeup definitely goes on more evenly and smoothly when I use this. It is not heavily scented and so does not make my hormonal sensitive skin break out as many heavy creams do normally.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sitahoyt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Anew Genics Night treatment and eye creams are amazing. I noticed a difference in my skin clarity and texture within three days. After one month, my skin glows. Must try!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Like one of the previous MUAer said, this is nothing more than
a glycolic cream. It is an effective product, however given the price and the way way over packaging, I will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by michailkas21

that's simply an avon's glycolic acid cream i didn't notice any dramatic difference in my complexion, it moisturizes well and keeps blemishes at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by corkeyes

It is either this or the Garnier BB cream but something has made my skin look so much better. I suspect it is this-no offence to the Garnier product.
So give it a go.