October 26, 2014 | 1204 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - The Balm and the Beautiful Face Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by LadyPunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! The colors are very pigmented and they are gorgeous. Also, love the cute soap opera packaging. Got this on sale as well which doesn't hurt.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love palettes and this one is pretty good as it contains 16 shadows+ 3 blushes/lip products but is really compact, light and good for travelling. I travel a lot so it helps save space in my luggage. The packaging is quite eye catching too :)
The quality of the shadows is good, though some of them aren't as pigmented as I wished.
Some of the pale shadows are quite frosty (compared to urban decay) and the sheen looks a bit weird on lids. I've had trouble with the light purple+ yellow colors as I tried to use them as under eye liners but they don't really show.
I love using "the police man" to line my eyes as the bright blue really lights up my eyes when I'm tired/ don't have enough sleep.
The best thing inside the palette are the two blushes, they blend effortlessly and gives me a nice natural pretty glow. I use them almost every day (esp when I'm lazy)
The packaging is really good as the lip colors & eye shadows are separated so the makeup wont get messy.
Cons: The brush sucks, it's tiny and doesnt work. The "lip gloss" in the palette is also terrible, it's drying and won't show up on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I heard this palate was the pretty much identical to the highly exclusive Muppets palate but in a different packaging.

well I don't own the muppets one but I did get a good deal on this, the eyeshadows are all shimmery so I often need to use a matte palate to bring the colours down. (also the reason it lost a star)

otherwise the quality of both the eyeshadows and lip/cheek colours are AMAZING! very pigmented and as smooth as silk, reminds me of something I got from inglot a long time ago.

for the price this was truely a steal, you get :-

-16 eyeshadows (1.8g each) that's the same size as MACs eyeshadows and a little more then the ones in the Naked palate by UD.

- 2 lip / cheek colours. 2.2g each.

- one lip gloss (guessing that's the nude colour) 2.2g.

- one mini shadow/liner brush.

all in a cute package with wacky names. I love the fact that the creme colours have a separate flap but I do worry that the cardboard packaging isn't sturdy enough. this amount of product + high pigmentation and minimum powdering means it's made to last a long time and the packaging might not be durable enough for that.

I wonder if there is a reason my fav. colours are the basket case and the older woman, is the company trying to tell me something? XD

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by yayapea

The eyeshadows are of great quality. This is my first big eyeshadow palette, I'm more of a skincare sort of girl, not much makeup, but I have owned a few lancome and estee lauder eyeshadow palettes but they aren't as silky and pigmented as this one. I love the feel and pigmentation of the shadows, just beautiful! Easy to blend, nice shimmer to every color (no mattes here). I didn't expect much at all from the brush that came with the palette, to my surprise, the double-ended brush is great, synthetic but soft bristles. I got the palette from Marshall's so it may be a bit "aged" and that might be my problem with the lip/cheek colors. The lip gloss (top, nude color) is beautiful, not the most moisturizing, but the color is great. I don't care much for the magenta color, haven't really tried it, though it is blendable and blends to a much lighter, less obnoxious color. The bottom coral-y color was my favorite upon first opening the palette, but it's disappointingly dry. It had already CRACKED with 3 lines, when I try to blend it out on my cheeks it left streaks. Again, it may be just that I got an old product (though for $16 on sale at marshall's, no complaints here) It seems like in the swatches here, others do not have the dried out dilemma that I have. Overall I love the palette, the packaging is super cute, honestly I don't care much for the Muppets and I'd prefer this one to begin with. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, even at the full price I would buy again (given that the cheek colors will not be dried out, really it's a big turn-off). Although I don't think I'll ever in my lifetime finish this palette because unlike many other palettes, these shadows are huge! (0.06 oz per shadow; 0.07 oz per lip/cheek color) If you are hesitate to get this, don't be and go ahead, you'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I missed out on the muppet palette, which I now do not feel bad about because I have this and I do not love it. The packaging is cute but nothing amazing. I love theBalm eyeshadows but for some reason these are not as pigmented as their previous palettes. The texture of these remind me of the some stila shadows where the color brushes off easily and does not stick to the eye well. I also do not care for some colors like the pink and blue, but you always get a few colors in a palette that you don't care for. Good value but I would not purchase it full price. The best thing about the palette is the nude lip color. I swear I wear it everyday and wish it was sold separately because I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by janathelamb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the first thing I have ever owned from thebalm. I saw it at TjMaxx for $16.99. At first I didn't know what it was but I thought the packaging was very intriguing. I thought this can't be eyeshadow.. ooooh it is.. 16.99?! what?! Mine! These are the same colors as thebalm's limited muppet palette. Honestly, I'd prefer this one, what's the big deal over the muppets anyway? The colors are beautiful. They are a couple glittery shades and the rest look like satiny finishes, no mattes. There is also a lip color and two cheek/lip stains. I think the stains used on my cheeks break me out a little but as long as I don't use them everyday it's okay. The palette even suggests some looks for you. The colors have creative names which I love. Overall, great palette. I wouldn't repurchase for myself cause I have too much eyeshadow, but a gift yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Mirannn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this for 19.99 at Marshall's and am in love! I adore TheBalm, and get excited about basically any makeup by them. I got the last palette left and showed it to my friend who thought that she might want to buy it. I didn't let her. I'm a big fan of everything in this palette and the packaging is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

I absolutely love this palette and think all in all, The Balm products are vastly underrated. This palette features 16 highly pigmented eyeshadows and 3 lip/cheek stains. You get a variety of different eyeshadow shades--neutral highlighting colors, browns, blues, green, purple, etc. The eyeshadows are easy to blend and have a bit of a sheen to them. I love the packaging as well and think it's very kitschy. The packaging has an old-fashioned soap opera theme to it. I purchased this palette off Ebay for about $25 and think it's quite a steal at that price. I would definitely get this palette if you come across it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Kookies3000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love theBalm products I especially love this palette, I found my palette @ TJ Max for $19. I love all the colors there highly pigmented and blend beautiful. Definitely will repurchase :0)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Mrs15Heb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I love all eyeshadows from TheBalm - They blend so easily, have a wonderful range of color choices and the packaging is just so cute. i rarely get fall out from their eyeshadows but i do use UDPP and sometimes Nix Milk for a base underneath but these shadows work with many other primers I have used and stay true to color until whenever i decide to take them off. Definitely worth buying and I will repurchase - possibly will just get a second palette as back up!