April 23, 2014 | 1588 users online

Toners - DERMAdoctor - Litmus Test Toner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finished a full 5 oz bottle of this toner. I use glycolic acid on my acne prone skin on a daily basis. This an alcohol free, but too drying for my skin.

Does tighten pores, but stings horribly. (Note I use glycolic acid serum nightly, and have done so for years without stinging-PTR product)

I do like the pump bottle design which is the only plus in my book. As for now I'm still using the toner from Proactive as my glycolic acid toner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Let me start by saying this product is not for the faint hearted, it packs a powerful punch. Yes it does sting a bit upon application and for a bit afterward and must be used in conjunction with a good moisturizer. The silver lining is pores so tight that my skin appears nearly pore less! Trust me when I say, that prior to finding and using this line of skin care, the pores along my T-Zone were far from being invisible. They did improve greatly with LUSH's Aqua Marine but DERMAdoctor's LitmusTest line has taken my skin to a level I have never before experienced. I have been using these products 2x daily and will be reducing to 1x daily after the new year because I don't want to dry out my skin during the winter months.

The exfoliating properties of this line promote cellular turnover and greatly improve acne prone skin and early signs of aging. I really think that after the last bit of a breakout clears from my chin, I will feel confident enough to go out without foundation.

The only downfall, and reason I didn't give it 5 lippies, is the smell! I can't apply the moisturizer fast enough to counteract the smell from the toner. Regardless, it is still a wonderful product and I will definitely be repurchasing. I also love the bottle this comes in and will be keeping all the empties and putting them into service for stuff like eye make-up removers, etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by vic2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was a great diappointement for me. I love glycolic acid in my skincare, even more, I love lactic acid. I thought the combination of the 2 in a toner would make me reap benefits...Wrong. This toner is awful. It will sting, leave your skin dry and itchy...not something you want to happen when you just washed your face! And it is an expensive toner to add insult to injury, $35 for 5.oz? SMH!
The only good thing I have to say about this toner is that I LOVE the bottle. The push up pump in the middle is a gorgeous and so pratical concept, it's perfect for dosage. In fact, I have transferred my badescu glycolic toner into it. I will never buy this toner again, but will keep that bottle for years!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by decembermom3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't use this toner at all because every time I do it stings my skin very badly! And not just in the dry areas...even in my oily t-zone. I really wanted to like this line because the concept is just awesome...and I love glycolic acid in my face products. But this one just failed. Wish I wouldn't have shelled out the bucks for this one. Really disappointed in DermaDoctor for this. :(