October 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hated this foundation. I have been looking for a new foundation and I loved it in the shop. I wanted a long lasting foundation that was good for dry skin, not an easy ask. I was worried that the colour, the lightest shade was too dark but the sales assistant said there were no lighter shades and was quite pushy, saying how nice it looked on my skin. I wish I'd asked for a sample as when I applied it myself it looked very dark for me, especially in natural light. It did last longer than the average foundation but I didn't like the smell of the foundation, it smelt like paint and felt very heavy on my skin, even when blended with a sponge. It just goes to prove that a more expensive foundation isn't always best!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wore Repair Wear for years before Clinique changed the formula. The "new" Repair Wear, which I tried when it first came out, was a big disappointment.

Did not find a good color match. SA tried a couple of shades closest to my skin tone, and each one oxidized within minutes. Burnt orange looks pretty on a leaf, but not on a face.

Foundation settled into fine lines, didn't feel hydrating, finish looked blotchy (not due to uneven skin tone, but the foundation) and coverage minimal.

Noticed women on MakeupAlley are very pleased with this foundation. Glad when one finds their HG foundation, but it didn't work well on my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Older1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am nearing the end of my second bottle of this lovely foundation. I have flirted now and then with others (Mac, Paula Dorf, most recently Boots No. 7), but I always seem to return to Clinique. I started many years ago with their pore-minimizer formula (the original one that was a powder suspension) - great for my then-oily skin. Now, my skin is dry and sun-damaged, and Repairwear makes it look much better.

What I like:
- texture makes it easy to apply with a brush
- blends well, doesn't dry too fast
- compatible with my moisturizer
- medium coverage hides my lines and uneven pigmentation
- the way my skin feels after wearing it all day

What I wish I could change:
- a little pricey
- packaging, wish it had a pump dispenser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

pros:
- doesnt break me out
- moisturizing
- feels light
- medium coverage
- healthy glow on the skin
- looks natural, does not cake
- easy to apply and remove

cons:
- doesn't last the whole day (which is 7 hours for me)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in my search to find a few foundations I will re buy.I have sooo many just ok okay drugstore foundations that I usually throw away almost ful.they worked fine for a bit but I wanted more so ive now moved on to "higher end" in hopes that I can find something worthy of full use&a repeat buy (2bad the nearest makeup counter is 8hrs away..or it could be good depending on how u look at it)This is gonna be a buy for me&I can actually see myself using it a lot.it covers nicely, the color I was matched to was#4 wich actually was too light when I got the sample but my summer tan faded a lot quicker then usual&now it matches really well not as good a match as nars wich is the only foundation ive gotten a perfect match in(sadley I had 2 return that as it found my pores)but better then most.this leaves a nice glow that I was looking for without being shimmery or too oily looking, just kinda a natural fresh face.it lasted well, all day for me not DW lasting but I still think 6hrs+ is pretty good i didnt set with powder (i hate powder, clings for me)&no primer just sum lotion overall for me this makes a well lasting everyday foundation.it even kept my dry nose corners from poping up midday.i look forward to adding it to my rotation..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive dry-combination skin which is prone to hormonal breakouts.

I have been testing this foundation for 1 week in 4.0 which is too dark but it was the only colour which Clinique has in a sample (always very grateful to Clinique for providing testers and samples to clients because for people like me with sensitive skin, it's really the only way to buy).

Application - I have tried using my fingers, a foundation brush, Elizabeth Arden Beauty Blender and a sponge both wet and dry. The wet sponge (white triangles) worked the best and the EA Beauty Blender, the worst.

Base - I don't like using primers because I am yet to find one that does not break me out. I have tested this foundation with the following 4 moisturisers:

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ (does not last as long, foundation goes on sheer, oily T)
Clinique Moisuture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (goes on perfect, satin smooth finish, lasts all day without touch up but some small breakouts)
Estee Lauder Hydrationist for Dry Skin (slight shine in T zone but it's comfortable, goes on well)
Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin (goes on well but does not last, not hydrating enough so oily T and drier cheeks and forehead)
Bioderma Hydrabio Riche (goes on sheer similar to DDML+ and does not last the whole days - starts to shine in the T zone after 4 hours)

Powder to Set
Almost Powder Makeup (with brush not as effective as with a dry round sponge which is firm) - incredibly lasting power when using Moisture Surge has the base - 14 hours!

Blended face power (with brush) beauty matte finish with moisture surge which lasts but not as long as setting with Almost Powder and comes off with oilier or dryer moisturising bases.

Breakouts
So far, I have not had any major breakouts with this. The only breakouts seem to be with the Clinique Moisture Surge combo when I use Almost Powder Makeup to set it. I am going to keep testing to see whether it's the Moisture Surge which is breaking me out or the Almost Powder.

## EDIT## unfortunately after prolong use, I have broken out so now I just use it for special occasions. Removing 1 star.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, i am very happy with the results i've experienced with this makeup. After using for almost a month my skin feels moisturized and is glowing. So far, i have not had any breakouts. Also, i really like the packaging because it is easy to dispense and is great for fitting in my makeup bag in my purse. All in all, i give it a 4/5

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Fragrancegirl38

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in my 40's and a grease ball. I have been on a quest for a foundation to wear this summer. I initially thought that a long wearing matt foundation was the way to go. I tried Lancome 24hour which is pretty good (bad color match though), Bobbi Brown (too yellow), Chanel Perfection Lumiere ( little too pink) which was good, however I felt like it accentuated some minor imperfections in skin texture. A friend that works at Lord and Taylor suggested that I try this foundation. I was very skeptical at first. I like many Clinique products, but their foundations have never impressed me. This one is great. I was matched to #4 which I originally thought was too dark, but it seems to blend and give my face some life. I think the shade I was wearing was too light in retrospect. I have been wearing this since Sunday and I have received numerous compliments. It has a slightly dewy finish that just looks glowy and young. This foundation really adhered to the skin despite its dewy finish. I did need to lightly powder to set and blot numerous times. Despite the blotting maintenance, I love the look this foundation provides. It is also supposed to minimize lines. I don't have many facial lines, but it did appear to blur them. This would be a perfect foundation for someone with dry to normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I just bought a bottle to give it a try. They put me in color # 5 which I thought initially was a tad cool but after looking at all of the colors they offer, this was probably the warmest tone and the best fit for my LLL NC 25 skin tone. It does run more neutral than I'm used to but it doesn't look bad.

My skin has been dry lately and I'm pleased to say this has felt and looked good on my dry skin. It looks natural and glowy without obvious mica or sparkles. It does not emphasize lines. It has not caused breakouts or irritation or my rosacea to flare which are huge issues for me.

Coverage is moderate to full if you build it up. Wear is tenacious. I can blow my nose and it takes at least 3 times before I have to rebuild coverage around my nose. Foundation is still on my face at night and I definitely need to use an oil cleanser followed by another cleanser and then a toner to make sure this foundation is completely gone.

Color does oxidize a tad but it stays truer depending on if I limit how many layers I put under it. I was really dry so I was putting 2 moisturizers under a sunscreen and then my foundation and I found my foundation was not wearing as well so lesson learned.

This formulation does contain soy, which I'm allergic to, in the way of lecithin but it is far down the ingredient list. So far it has not been as issue for me. This is also fragrance free.

I don't even mind the big open bottle neck. It's kind of old school and reminds me of how foundation used to come when I started wearing makeup. I find the liquid comes out easily without a pump and I feel like I will be able to get the very last drop. And sometimes with a pump, if they're not calibrated just right, I end up wasting some makeup. So it's not a big deal to me not having a pump but I bet Clinique will have a pump available to purchase separately soon.

Price is fairly reasonable compared to the average price of 60+ dollars nowadays for foundations (& L'Oreal is charging almost 20 bucks for drugstore)so $34 doesn't seem too bad. Therefore I'm keeping my fingers crossed this product continues to work for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second bottle! This is lovely, illuminating, moisturising, covers blemishes well, doesn't break you out. Points off because I absolutely hate the bottle. It wastes product and is not very hygienic.