October 1, 2014 | 1259 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

While this does give a dewy finish, somehow it doesn't really look natural. It sits on top of the skin and looks very made-up, even with a fairly thin layer brushed on. Regardless of what I think of the formula though, this was a fail for me because I couldn't find a good colour match...774 (light beige) is a little too light for me. The next shade down is 764 (medium-light beige). 764 has a very harsh, yellow undertone that is incredibly unflattering. It made me think of mustard when I saw it on my skin in bright sunlight. It's also difficult to wash off. I would definitely use an oil cleanser with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

a dewy finish, more moisturizing version of the face architect smoothing fluid foundation. personally i prefer the smoothing fluid one to this as i have slightly oily skin and this just makes me look even oilier. but all in all, a good product nonetheless. more suitable for dry skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by suspanyachai

Skin Type :
Extremely Oily.
Break-outs on rare occasions.
Tendency to have spots and bumps which never fully develop into full-blown pimples.

Brought this after trying it out at the shops on several occasions [never buy something outright on the first go!].

Results:
Firstly, a little bit goes A LONG WAY!
Do NOT load up your brush with the product.
Imagine painting a watercolour painting, and you just want to "wash" of colour. Once you have done this, then build up your preferred coverage.
Easy to pump out of bottle.
Easy to build up, and goes on evenly.
Smooth, dewy finish with excellent coverage.
Powder to finish off and set will give flawless coverage.

As i always say:
With any product, if you are looking to give it a try, a realistic amount of time is about 4-6weeks for a result if it is skincare.
For make-up, allow 2-4weeks of consecutive wear.
This will allow your skin to adjust and react to the change.
It will also allow you to familiarise yourself with the product and find the best method of application.
Anything less than is unrealistic, you might as well book yourself in for plastic surgery/ask god for a miracle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by c0lap1nada

As I am an avid fan of Shu Uemura products, I'm happy to say this new (er, decently new as it's not yet arrived in North America) product did not disappoint (well, not completely). For starters, I was on the hunt for a new foundation as my oily skin became super dehydrated and was pretty much peeling everyday (as well as new breakouts appearing every other day). I had been looking for a dewy finish much like MUFE's F&B but with higher coverage and little to no oxidation. As you might know, the F&B has a weird goopy jelly consistency and feels refreshing while at the same time emphasizing some flakes here and there (but not terribly). The Shu Uemura Illuminating Moisture on the other hand looks to have the same consistency as the Smoothing Fluid Foundation when it first comes out of the pump, but on application, it glides on the skin very nicely but it does feel a little oily and eventually dries down to a smooth non-sticky finish. Tbh, I would say this is medium coverage as it does not cover all spots/redness on the face (I finish up with some Lucy minerals)--I suppose you can build up the foundation, but you will probably end up looking like a cakeface.... Oh, and for one thing, they don't lie about the illuminating moisure part, as you do end up with a glowy face (not to be mistaken for greasy!!)... but I guess the moisture just wasn't enough for my super intensely dehydrated skin. Yet, compared to the smoothing fluid foundation it did not emphasize fine lines and peeling as much. They actually advertise this foundation to be suitable for all skin types (as far as I know, correct me if otherwise)... but those who have extremely dehydrated skin may not be completely satisfied with this. As mentioned, I have dehydrated skin but is super oily, and I don't find a big problem using this with Neostrata's Mattifying Fluid (a godsend although over-application can result in flakey skin). In addition, I use this foundation on top of Estee Lauder's Daywear Plus lotion and Shu Uemura's Stage Performer for extra glowy skin. Works great and I'm not breaking out (knock on wood). Do give it a try although some may find it a little greasy feeling, but perhaps not so much in the winter time. I paid roughly $55CAD for this (shipped from overseas).

For reference I am NC20-25, Shu Uemura #564, MUFE F&B 32 Alabaster Beige, Ipsa #102, ELDWL #2, Lucy Minerals Creamy Bisque