Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Lotion

4.6

Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Deionized Water , Stearyl Alcohol (Palm Kernel) , Vegetable Emulsifying Wax , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter , Vegetable Glycerin , Jojoba Oil , Essential Oil Blend , Soy Milk , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Extracts of Frankincense and Myrrh , Allantoin (Comfrey Root Extract)

on 10/19/2014 10:15:00 PM

Correction there is no mushroom in this I was thinking of the coconut lotion...that said I have no clue what the smell is that I find odd...hmm

on 10/16/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A very good lotion. It is quite thick so I think a different choice in packaging probably would've been a good idea. The thickness makes it difficult to apply to completely dry skin, I find myself having to rub it in excessively. Often times I'll put it on when I'm out of the shower so my skin is still moist and it makes it a good bit easier to rub in.
Having said that, it moisturizes very well and it's not greasy at all. I quite like the smell, and noticed that it does tend to linger a bit after applying. I'm satisfied with this product and will probably repurchase it. Generally speaking I really like the Shea Moisture line and a lot of their products.

on 4/10/2014 12:20:00 AM

I've repurchased this several times, and bought it for my mother, who has very dry skin. She loves it too. First, the ingredients are great, and for the price (at Target) it is a super-bargain. The scent is natural. (I can't stand fake scents!) A little too much honeysuckle for me, especially in warm weather, but at least it smells like real honeysuckle. (Note to the company: I would like the scent to be a true frankinsense and myrhh...sigh). You don't need much, so it lasts a loooong time. Rich enough to use as hand or foot cream. The moisturization really lasts.

Think I'll try their other scents to see if any of them are lighter.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice lotion. It smells very natural and clean. I bought it for the winter here in Florida because I usually use pure coconut oil in the summer and it doesn't seem to be quite enough during our mild winters here. I had wanted a thick body butter in a tub, but the consistency of this was quite thick, so I went ahead and purchased it.

I used it all winter and it's about a 3rd of the bottle is gone. I didn't have any problems getting the lotion out, it wasn't THAT thick to me. Maybe it's my amazing muscles. haha j/k
I thought it moisturized quite well, but I will say, if I was up north with the harsher winters up there, I would most likely need something more than this.

So... smells is great, I like that it's mostly natural ingredients, a good texture & moisturizing enough for our mild winters, a nice looking bottle... what else do I need in a lotion?

on 2/12/2014 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Such an amazing smelling body lotion. And the scent really lasts. A little difficult to spread on your body but it's worth the effort. Shea moisture needs to get it together with their packaging. This is too thick to be bottled and beyond frustrating to get out whether the bottle is full or not. I often cut open the bottle and spoon it into a tub... I shouldn't have to do this because it should be sold in a tub in the first place! The body wash, however, is hands down the best wash I've ever used. HG status right there.

on 9/20/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My favorite, it is thick and it feels like liquid velvet on my dry skin. The fragrance is heavenly. A pump would make the packaging a bit better but I just store it upside down at the end- no big deal. This is a real favorite.

on 5/19/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Thick and rich and delicious! Though I have been loving Paula's Choice Earth Sourced moisturizer, I ran out of it and wanted to pick up something more economical (i.e. larger size, less expensive) that was also easy to obtain at the local drugstore or Target. This fit the bill perfectly! My skin loves shea butter and that is the first ingredient in this lotion (even before water). I use this on my face as my nightime moisturizer after I have applied a treatment product (such as Retin-A or glycolic acid) and it works just beautifully. The next morning my skin is aglow and I have less flaking than usual. Sometime I layer it over my eternally beloved CeraVe lotion for some major moisture! This stuff works great, smells great, and is reasonably priced compared to a lot of other brands. A 13 ounce bottle cost me about $10 at Target versus paying close to $20 for 2 ounces of PC's Earth Sourced (don't get me wrong- I still love the PC stuff, I just needed a cheaper alternative). The price allows me to feel okay about using this over my whole body too.

**UPDATE** This is great on my hair! This is the best 2nd and 3rd day wave refresher that I have ever come across! Works better as a dry hair refresher than the curl enhancing smoothie.

**NOTE** I am no longer using this on my face because it contains an essential oil fragrance blend and I prefer to avoid putting anything scented on my face. This is, however, still a wonderful product for the body or the hair. The scent is fantastic. I have since purchased some unscented, unrefined shea butter for facial use.

on 2/11/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The lotion is really thick. Even when I replaced the lid with a pump, it really didn't come out of the bottle well. It really needs to be in a tub. And as thick as the lotion is, it really didn't seem to help my skin stay moisturized. It did just an OK job.

on 7/11/2012 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

the shea butter restorative shampoo and conditioner are amazing, so i wanted to give the lotion a try. it's a great lotion and it smells yummy. i too wish the bottle had a pump, so i took the pump from my new bottle of shea butter hair conditioner to use on the lotion bottle--the tops are the same size. also, shea moisture makes a baby lotion (with the other baby items at the store) that's almost the same as the adult lotion, and that bottle has a pump.

on 4/18/2012 7:40:00 PM

I just ran out of my trusty Hempz lotion and it wasn't in stock at my salon so I found this at Target and decided to give it a try. Well, I am in love! It works almost better for me than Hempz! The only downside is the bottle could use a pump since its so thick. I'm excited to use this for the sunburns I'll be getting this summer :D 10 a bottle may seem pricey to some, but it had all natural ingredients (not like the brands that say they do!) and it works amazingly! I would def buy again!

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products