July 28, 2014 | 2014 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased this several times, and bought it for my mother, who has very dry skin. She loves it too. First, the ingredients are great, and for the price (at Target) it is a super-bargain. The scent is natural. (I can't stand fake scents!) A little too much honeysuckle for me, especially in warm weather, but at least it smells like real honeysuckle. (Note to the company: I would like the scent to be a true frankinsense and myrhh...sigh). You don't need much, so it lasts a loooong time. Rich enough to use as hand or foot cream. The moisturization really lasts.

Think I'll try their other scents to see if any of them are lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by IamDirtyandNeedaBath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really nice lotion. It smells very natural and clean. I bought it for the winter here in Florida because I usually use pure coconut oil in the summer and it doesn't seem to be quite enough during our mild winters here. I had wanted a thick body butter in a tub, but the consistency of this was quite thick, so I went ahead and purchased it.

I used it all winter and it's about a 3rd of the bottle is gone. I didn't have any problems getting the lotion out, it wasn't THAT thick to me. Maybe it's my amazing muscles. haha j/k
I thought it moisturized quite well, but I will say, if I was up north with the harsher winters up there, I would most likely need something more than this.

So... smells is great, I like that it's mostly natural ingredients, a good texture & moisturizing enough for our mild winters, a nice looking bottle... what else do I need in a lotion?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such an amazing smelling body lotion. And the scent really lasts. A little difficult to spread on your body but it's worth the effort. Shea moisture needs to get it together with their packaging. This is too thick to be bottled and beyond frustrating to get out whether the bottle is full or not. I often cut open the bottle and spoon it into a tub... I shouldn't have to do this because it should be sold in a tub in the first place! The body wash, however, is hands down the best wash I've ever used. HG status right there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ohiocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite, it is thick and it feels like liquid velvet on my dry skin. The fragrance is heavenly. A pump would make the packaging a bit better but I just store it upside down at the end- no big deal. This is a real favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Thick and rich and delicious! Though I have been loving Paula's Choice Earth Sourced moisturizer, I ran out of it and wanted to pick up something more economical (i.e. larger size, less expensive) that was also easy to obtain at the local drugstore or Target. This fit the bill perfectly! My skin loves shea butter and that is the first ingredient in this lotion (even before water). I use this on my face as my nightime moisturizer after I have applied a treatment product (such as Retin-A or glycolic acid) and it works just beautifully. The next morning my skin is aglow and I have less flaking than usual. Sometime I layer it over my eternally beloved CeraVe lotion for some major moisture! This stuff works great, smells great, and is reasonably priced compared to a lot of other brands. A 13 ounce bottle cost me about $10 at Target versus paying close to $20 for 2 ounces of PC's Earth Sourced (don't get me wrong- I still love the PC stuff, I just needed a cheaper alternative). The price allows me to feel okay about using this over my whole body too.

**UPDATE** This is great on my hair! This is the best 2nd and 3rd day wave refresher that I have ever come across! Works better as a dry hair refresher than the curl enhancing smoothie.

**NOTE** I am no longer using this on my face because it contains an essential oil fragrance blend and I prefer to avoid putting anything scented on my face. This is, however, still a wonderful product for the body or the hair. The scent is fantastic. I have since purchased some unscented, unrefined shea butter for facial use.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by detritus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The lotion is really thick. Even when I replaced the lid with a pump, it really didn't come out of the bottle well. It really needs to be in a tub. And as thick as the lotion is, it really didn't seem to help my skin stay moisturized. It did just an OK job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by scortigiano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

the shea butter restorative shampoo and conditioner are amazing, so i wanted to give the lotion a try. it's a great lotion and it smells yummy. i too wish the bottle had a pump, so i took the pump from my new bottle of shea butter hair conditioner to use on the lotion bottle--the tops are the same size. also, shea moisture makes a baby lotion (with the other baby items at the store) that's almost the same as the adult lotion, and that bottle has a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by sourrcherry

I just ran out of my trusty Hempz lotion and it wasn't in stock at my salon so I found this at Target and decided to give it a try. Well, I am in love! It works almost better for me than Hempz! The only downside is the bottle could use a pump since its so thick. I'm excited to use this for the sunburns I'll be getting this summer :D 10 a bottle may seem pricey to some, but it had all natural ingredients (not like the brands that say they do!) and it works amazingly! I would def buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I bought the one with frankincense and myrrh added, in the 13 oz bottle at Target for $9.

Its very very thick, moisturizing, natural lotion that smells great. I apply after my shower and the scent lasts and lasts. Mmmm. Love the fact there are no harsh chemicals and no traces or residues left behind after it absorbs into the skin.

The only con is that when its almost finished, its hell to get the rest out of the bottle. I feel Im being cheated out of an ounce. A pump would be beneficial in this case.
If you have dry skin like I do, its in your best interest to buy this product asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Duchess915

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My daughter gave me this product as a stocking stuffer. At first I put it aside and thought I'd probably not ever use it, but when my regular lotion ran out, I pulled it out. My,my,my! My dry skin never felt better. I live in the Northeast where the weather can do a job on one's skin. This lotion along with the body wash prevents my skin from the dreaded "ashiness". Love it and am on a hunt to get more.