December 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Moisturizers - DERMAdoctor - Photodynamic Therapy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

EDITED AFTER ALLERGIC REACTION. Something in the product--maybe something in the ragweed family?--had my eyes itching something AWFUL after a few days of using the product. I didn't have any sort of skin reaction, thankfully, but my eyes were itching like hell and they were extremely dry. Very bummed :(

I love this product. I have terrible sagging skin around my eyes and I'm starting to develop pretty bad crow's feet. This tightens my skin and makes it very soft. It's had the wonderful side effect of making my eyeshadow go on much smoother in the morning. I haven't had any issues with irritation yet. I'm very impressed with the DERMADoctor products I have tried thus far.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This junk is science fiction. It pilled and flaked off my skin if used with any product on top, including an SPF. No noticeable changes whatsoever. I used it with fidelity for 2 months.

Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kwippy

I have tried a few weeks of this product and found that it's a good day time moisturizer but nothing to write home about. I guess it would take longer usage to notice results but I'm impatient and would want to see instant results for that price. If you have the money and patience I would definitely give this a try and let us know about it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I am about to open my 4th or 5th bottle of this, I thought I would do a review. It claims to turn light from the sun to create a red light laser effect. Does it do that? I don't know. I do know it has won awards for being an innovative product.

I have problems with age/sun spots. I have tried hydroquinone (it makes them darker), lasers (I get hives) and virtually everything available to lighten them. I did find that a TCA peel works well but I peel like crazy so I have to plan ahead for a time I can lie low.

This product has worked wonderfully for me. It has lightened the sun spots and kept new ones from emerging. I use it every single day whether I go out or not. It has an SPF of 30, is light and works well under various kinds of foundation. I have tried it with liquid, cream and powder foundations and have never had any pilling.

It contains antioxidants such as vitamin D, pomegranate, cucumber, green and white tea. The sunscreen is avobenzone 3%, octinoxate 7.5%, octisalate 5% and oxybenzene 6%. I have sensitive skin and often don't do well with chemical sunscreens but I have had no problems with this.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It is in a pump but you have no idea how much is left or when you are about to run out until it no longer pumps. I like this so much I usually keep a backup so as soon as I run out I have another one ready.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used a sample from Sephora just to try out because with a claim that it converts UV rays into anti-aging red light how could I not? Well, it's nothing more than a marketing ploy because the reasoning given by the brand for how it works (like solar panels converting sunlight into electricity? Are you kidding me? Solar power works nothing like that.) is nuts. So do not purchase this product for it's marketing, please! Converting from invisible to visible light (i.e. UV to red light) is physically impossible.

As for the product itself, it's just okay if your skin isn't sensitive AT ALL. It made my skin feel like it's slightly stinging and made it redder. I did a little research into the ingredients and it looks like it's "Anacyclus Pyrethrum (Pellitory) Root Extract" because it's known to cause those symptoms in skin, especially if you have a ragweed allergy (I don't, but it still irritated my skin).

It's moisturizing enough for dry skin during the summer, but those with oily skin should stay away because it would feel too greasy. For $85 for one ounce of sunscreen product, I say pass this up. It's really a subpar product and there are others that are better formulated and without the crazy marketing that cost far less than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by carolineee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't find this product to be that moisturizing. It's thin and seems to absorb into the skin quickly but doesn't seem to moisturize. It's odd. Plus it flakes out on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

I was excited to try this after reading the enthusiastic reviews on Sephora and elsewhere, but I used it for 5 days and couldn't get over the greasiness. I'm 31 and have combination skin, with the occasional break out and the beginnings of fine lines around my eyes. I love the concept of this product, and it felt nice for the first couple of hours each day but by the afternoon my face had an oily sheen to it that I just can't live with. I think it's because of the sunscreen in it. I don't spend much time in the sun anyway so I don't need spf all the time. I exchanged this for DDF Ultra-Lite Oil Free Moisturizing Dew and the Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads and still had $ left over! I'm waiting for the Poetry in Lotion to come in the mail, we'll see how that goes. I've been using RoC Multi-Correxion Serum and LOVE the effects, but hate the smell so this is my attempt at upgrading my skin-care routine. Years ago I had a Differin prescrip. but it's too harsh and pricey for me. On the plus side, I did notice a more even skin tone, even after just 5 days of Photodynamic Therapy use, so maybe this would be a winner for people with a little bit drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample jar from Sephora, and will probably buy the full-size, even though it is waaaaaay more than what I'd usually spend. For the last few months I've been using a couple moisturizers from Yves Rocher, and had good results, but when I started using Photodynamic Therapy, I stopped using those. The last week or so on this, my skin's tone and texture have really improved. My skin looks luminous, which it rarely does, no matter what I do, or don't do. The find dry lines under my eyes are about gone, the Yves Rocher started helping with those. When I smile, they don't go as far out as they did. My naso-labial folds, which I've had since my teens, appear softer.

When using this, a little goes a long way. Seriously. There is no fragrance, that I can smell. It is not greasy, or itchy. I just use it as a regular moisturizer, twice a day. It is a blessing. :-D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a decent basic moisturizer that sinks in well but it didn't live up to its dramatic anti-aging claims and at $85 it should give noticeable results. Laser schmaser.