November 26, 2014 | 1877 users online

Skincare - Face - Awake - Authority Age-Release Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by kimtendo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this at CO Bigelow on sale for like 75% off so it was very very cheap. Bought 3 bottles. I shared the first on with my mom and I LOVED IT SO MUCH. I have teen skin, but after using Retin A my skin cleared up, but my complexion was still blotchy from light scarring, discoloration, and I had open pores mostly on the nose, cheeks near nose, and chin. On the second bottle, and I've been using it once a day in the morning. It's fabulous, my skin is so refined and nice now! I'm just afraid when my 3rd bottle runs out I'll have to pay $150 for a bottle. It's not extremely expensive, but it works. I used a Shiseido serum but I saw no difference after finishing it, so I'm sticking with this. Like reviewer said previously, you can't see how much is left, so better stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by BRABKIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for almost ten years now, and while I periodically stray (mostly because of the expense), I keep coming back to Authority. All the less expensive serums I've tried feel like they are just making my skin swell by irritating it, so that while I may look less wrinkled, I get more redness and my skin is uncomfortable. This serum feels soothing, not irritating, and seems to refine the texture of my 50+ year old face, easing away any roughness and generally calming my skin. Also, while other serums leave my skin feeling like I still need a moisturizer over top of them, this one seems to normalize my (dry) skin so that I can happily use it alone at night without anything over it for most of the year. There's also no sticky film/residue as there is with a lot of serums - even some very pricey ones. Authority sinks in almost immediately rather than just sitting on the surface. I also like the fact that it has (to my nose anyway) no scent. In terms of cost per ounce, it's a better deal to buy the larger size (1.7 oz.) if you can stand the $150.00 (as of February, 2012) sticker shock. That 1.7 ounce bottle usually lasts me about four months, but I really slather the stuff on ( I use it on my neck too) so it would probably last most people longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by redsoxgurl

This is my ABSOLUTE favorite product! It's a lotion like serum. I noticed considerable softening of fine lines when I started using this. My skin has a nice glow after using this. I never feel dry and tight.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also received the sample from the NM event and proceeded to swap for as many samples as I could get. I used it for a short time, liked it, but being a fickle gal, I am now using Epicuren products and really liking them. It will be a miracle if I can stick with one line for a whole year!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2003 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Berrycarla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pretty good product overall with visible results only after LongTerm use. Quite expensive when you consider it's $100 for 1 oz. You'd think it was made of Gold??

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by molare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product a lot when I first tried it last October after I got a sample from Neiman Marcus' beauty event. I saw results on my face after a few days and was really amazed. I then bought the full size bottle and have been using it diligently for almost 3 months now, but am disappointed that I didn't see any additional improvements. Don't get me wrong, my face still feels nice and soft, and it has a glow to it. But 3 months of usage didn't make it any better than when I used it for the first few days. I guess I was hoping for longer term improvement.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 11:15:00 AM More reviews by nobiki

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i received a sample vial of this, so i can't comment on packaging of the actual product. the serum itself looks lotiony, but goes on more like thick water. it absorbs quickly, and makes my skin feel soft and smooth immediately, and less tight. sadly, every time i use it i break out in red spots (not acne, more like contact rash), so i must be allergic to something in it. the one thing i did like better about awake serum was the smell - it has a plant smell, as opposed to the fishy smell of la mer.

update: i got another sample bottle, and instead of trashing my clear skin again, i decided to see if it was useful anywhere else. so, i tested it as a foot lotion (on heels and toes). they felt immediately smoother, but it didn't last. so, end result is this serum is a waste of space for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2002 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lisegolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing amazing amazing! Really noticed a difference immediately. Very silky, wonderful under La Mer creme, like it even better thqan the La Mer serum

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2002 12:39:00 AM More reviews by danielac11375

I received a generous size sample of this item at Neiman's during their beauty event which I tried and loved. I used it at night and the next morning my skin had a wonderful glow about it, my pores were refined and my skin looked smooth and dewy. The company claims that the product repairs skin damage caused by stress, and which ones of us are not familiar with this? Needless to say I bought this product and love it. Definetely recommed you try it! The only problem I found with this product is that the package does not allow you to see how much product is left in the bottle so I must stock up, so that I don't run out.