Maybelline HyperSharp Liner

4.1

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I heard good things about this product through YouTube so I decided to give it a try as I was in need of a liquid liner pen. The packaging seemed ordinary like a typical drugstore product; and the application tip is very innovative and allows you to create extremely thin lines which can be flipped to create a wider tip for filling in your wing. Applying the product was easy for a beginner like me, but throughout the day I noticed it smudged tremendously down onto my lower lash line. By the end of the day all the product originally on my lids had run down creating unappealing dark under eye circles, even though I did not touch my eyes at all. I would definitely not recommend this product due to inability to last and the fact that it is not waterproof.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

In its sleek packaging and very fine brush. But the capacity is lower compared to other japanese eyeliner brands that I have.

But it's really proven smudge proof and very long lasting. The precision is also amazing. But in local drugstore it sells at SGD21.90. I found some other well known Japanese brands that works the same for SGD18.90. It's quite pricey for a drugstore brand.

I'm 50:50 on buying it again.

The one I bought is packaged in black and pink. The best marker liner used so far. The color is intense and doesn't smudge at all.. The color stays all day on top of eyeshadow even without primer. The brush is flattened so that it can be drawn for both think and thin purposes.. it cost me only about $10 at Maybelline counter.

I bought this eyeliner a couple of weeks ago.
I tried it out after buying it and it was fine - nothing special, but it did what it said it would. It has a nice matte finish and I liked the very thin tip, since it worked well with my hooded eyes.
BUT.
I wanted to use it today, and it doesn't work at all! Completely dried out. I can only get the faintest smudge of a disappointing shade of grey out of it. Forget about actually using it to line my eyes, which is kinda the purpose.
I'm disappointed.
(However if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it work again, please let me know and hopefully I will be able to change my review!)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'll be very straightforward right now and just say that I have almost zero issues with this product.
On the packaging it claims to last 24 hours, that it's smudge proof, waterproof, removing it is easy and it doesn't leave any stains behind. For the most part, all of that is true. It stays put for an entire day out even when my lids get gross and oily, it's really easy to remove and I don't find myself tugging a lot in attempt to get it off, and it's most definitely smudge proof. When it's dry, any attempt I make at smearing it and repeatedly jabbing my finger at it is futile. The liner itself was, as the name states, very thin and precise and I just find it really easy to get nice and sharp winged liner with this product. With other liquid liners that I've tried, I find it rather difficult to get to the inner corner of my eye, but that was not a problem at all with this. It's really pigmented and I didn't find myself having to go over my liner more than once to get intensity. I got the liner in the intense black shade though so I haven't any idea if it's the same with the brown version.
However, I did not find the liner to be waterproof like it claims. It doesn't start running down the sides of your face the second water comes in contact with it, but the very second that any tissue or q-tip or finger touches it, it smudges. In fact, I can literally remove almost all the liner from my eyes with just water, with the exception of slight panda eyes afterwards, which counteracts the whole 'stain-free' claim a bit.
Aside from the vague panda eyes and false waterproof claim, this really is a nice eyeliner. The felt tip can split and fray a bit though if you're too rough with it and just drag it across your lid when connecting the wing tip with the rest of your eyeliner, but it's easy to just slide it across starting from the tip and it comes back together.
(Also just quickly adding that when I was testing this liner I didn't have any eye primer, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, nothing on my eyelids except this liner.)

I like it.I swatched it on my hand before school and after school it still there!Less pigmented before of course since I wash my hands a lot.It's nice but I won't say it my holy grail

This smudged within the first hour of wear and continued to smudge throughout the day, I don't even have oily lids and had never had an issue with smudged eyeliner/mascara/eyeshadow. Not even the cheaper elf brand smudged. Luckily I got this for half price....Such a shame because the packaging is so nice and the tip is really easy to use, it got into the inner corners and really close to my lash line. Its very easy to control. Too bad it gives me panda eyes, so I won't be using it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this eyeliner due to its soft tip, it glides pretty well and jet black color. It does last , does not smudge, Its easier to do a wing line and its pretty affordable. The only drawback it gets over very fast , so one may not be sufficient enough especially if used on daily basis.

I would definitely buy this one again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Just amazing!!!!!!

I could draw a perfect wing with this eyeliner in one go! So easy, as it is very pigmented with a very fine brush tip yet not too flimsy! The liner doesn't smudge and last all day on me, even on my waterline (I don't tightline with a pen liner though).
It's waterproof - I swatched it in my hand, and once it's set, it doesn't go anywhere. I washed my hand a few times with soap and water, they didn't come off. But can be removed easily with a micellar water or an oil based remover.
Never had issue with irritating my eyes and I wear contact lenses daily.
I've had this liner for ages, can't even remember when and it still doesn't run out yet, so it's excellent for value!
Will totally keep repurchasing, found a seller on ebay for $19! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, great eyeliner but try to avoid tight lining the base of your eyelashes with this product.

I like the brush tip, gives a good precision to create a crisp line and perfect wings.

The pigmentation is also wonderful, you don't need to go through a few times, one stroke is big enough that it kinda reflects the light.

But it did smudge one or two hours later after I put my makeup on, and it smudge from the base of my lashes creating a swamp of mess on my lower lid which is definitely not flattering. Also it is really hard to remove the eyeliner when you get it too close to your lash base, which can be quite a pain in the ass if your eyes are extremely sensitive to rubbing and pulling motions.

But I think the staying power of creating a crisp line on your upper lid is undoubtedly longlasting.