October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Concealers - Nuance by Salma Hayek - Front and Center Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by midwestgrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh. I haven't been very enamored of the two Nuance products I've tried (this one, and an eyeshadow duo). I tried this very much on a whim because I had coupons and I'm kind of sorry I blew the coupons on it. In this product you get a stick of concealer - which is shaped like a lipstick and swivels up for use, also like a lipstick - on one end, and a small bottle of "brightener" with a little brush on the other end. I purchased the shade "Light."

The concealer is too dry and can drag a little when applying - it works better if it is a bit warm or your skin is a bit warm. I had better luck with this when I applied it directly over my moisturized skin. It was pretty horrible over Benefit POREfessional but I haven't tried it over anything else. I blended it in with a foundation brush and it was all right, but it doesn't "conceal" very much so if you have very dark circles or other issues you're not going to get much payoff from this. It just sort of sits on the skin. I set it with my Cargo HD powder and it did all right for 4-5 hours but after that it either settles into fine lines or just wears off.

The brightener is better but not great. Typically I use YSL Touche Eclat in 1.5 Radiant Silk and that is creamier/warmer than the Nuance. The Nuance brightener blends out fairly well, but like the concealer there just isn't much to it and it sits on the skin. Set with powder it held up decently through the day. However it is not nearly nice enough to make it worth buying this product. The applicator is also of fairly poor quality...a runty little brush which would probably make it difficult to use very much of the product. You'd probably need to use a brush or cotton swab to help you reach it.

Speaking of which...this was $11 at CVS. The other concealer I've been using, Maybelline FitMe, is $7 there, and is a much better product for me. $11 is way too much to pay just to work hard to get something to "kind of" work, so I would not buy it again and don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry Salma, Worst concealer ever, glides on cakey and dries flakey; I used this over her primer which also is not a good buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by tntajalle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this concealer a couple days ago cuz they one I usually buy was out of stock and I was in rush, my mistake, both sides ate really chalky looking and it feels very tight on the skin, I don't like how it's not creamy :< will return

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Linatha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in medium. It's one of the only drugstore concealers that I've seen that's a true peach color concealer. It drags a little going on, but it really hides the brown under eye circles. The brightener adds the final "lift" to those nasty circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this for a while now and just recently decided I like it lol. The only thing that I don't like, which is probably the reason I wasn't a fan of it at first was the texture. It's not as creamy like the revlon photoready stick concealer. It is just a bit more of a tug to blend in, but when it blends in...boy does it look good! I got it in the shade medium which is very peachy which is amazing at covering any darkness under the eyes. The shade is more my skin color so it doesn't illuminate the under eye area (i might buy the shade lighter for that purpose soon), but it definitely makes me look a lot more awake because of its peachy undertone. And I really like the highlight end of this concealer, especially for the bridge of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JenessaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cant believe this isnt getting better reviews. i think its amazing! i am so in love with is concealor and I have bought every concealor out there, including cle de peu.
I love how it conceals without being cakey in any way, I feel like it doesnt even need too much blending bc it kindof melts into my skin and completely covers my dark circles and makes me look refreshed.
Im so happy I found this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by qubanmaggot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like the the stick form of this concealer. The texture is not smooth for under the eyes. I suppose the brightener could be used to conceal as well. I wouldn't spend $$ on this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by meadowmaker

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really like this concealer. First of all I like that you can see the shade of the actual product in the packaging. I was pleased with the smoothness of application if used directly out of the tube.Texture is creamy yet matte and very easy to blend.I first got Light/Medium which is nice, warm , creamy brightener. The next shade is too orange for me but I got Deep. This is good as a cheek contour for day when a bronzer feels like too much. Not as creamy as the light one but still quite blendable.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Dixie329

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, the worst product on the market for "concealer & brightener". Useless, hard to use (unless you don't care about stretching and scratching your skin) on one end. Doesn't work at all, even by gently patting. The other end had nothing but a dried up brush with no liquid. Save your $$!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm a moron, but I can't tell which end is the concealer and which is the illuminator, This comes in a tube...one end looks like a standard lipstick type concealer, the other end is a small brush with a pot of liquid illuminator? which screws on, I played with it for awhile, and it seems that either end works to mask blotches or blemishes, but the liquid end works better under eyes,,,,idk. I used it as I saw fit over most of my face, and was pretty satisfied. I didn't see any "illuminaton" but it did an ok job in evening out my skintone and masking uglies, Got it at half price, so I'm not complaining, I don't use all that much concealer, so it works ok for me. If I find myself using it up, I'll probably buy another, I'm fair and bought the lightest color, which was a good match, It totally disappeared into my skin, My dry skin seemed to hold it ok and it lasted a reasonable amount of time, It doesn't equal my beloved discontinued Prescriptives concealer, but it gets the job done without being too waxy or thick, and for being a good color for me,