July 28, 2014 | 2071 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Rags to Riches

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shimmery mossy green. In the bottle it looks silvery but on my nails it's golden. I'm pretty sure this is being discontinued because I got this at CVS on sale for $1.15, plus I had a $1 coupon. Get it while you can! The formula is smooth and it's a two-coater.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fabulous nail polish! The green/gold color is absolutely stunning. I find it to be nearly opaque with one coat but I always do two, no matter what polish I am using. Last time I used this for my mani it didn't chip for nearly two weeks.

This is probably my favorite polish out of the many I own :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by natalieraylee

This was the best nail polish I have ever purchased, and I am loving it! This shimmery gold-green color compliments my olive skin tone nicely, and really gets me in the festive holiday mood. I have been wearing it for about 5 days now and there has been no chips, whatsoever. It has a smooth, flawless, quick-dry finish, and the price is quite cheap---about $2.99

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome olive green with gold shimmer, which is perfect for the autumn. The formula is smooth, dries quickly, and wears exceptionally well. High quality polish for an inexpensive price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by JanaFae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This duochrome green/gold is LOVELY! It's a really nice ugly/dirty olive toned green with a tarnished gold shine. It is a very sheer color so, it's at LEAST a 3 coater, but I have no problem with that. Since it's a metallic, it dries fairly quickly, so layering on the coats is no hardship.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really loving this color-under store lights I thought this was a forest green color but its actually medium olive green with lot of shimmer. To me, this is really not a "cool" color and I think it would look better on someone with warmer skintone but I like it anyway. With two coats you will get exact same color as in the bottle which I love(I absolutely hate when companies make bright and deep colors sheer!). It promises to last 10 days-so far I had it on for 5 days with no chips at all(and I wash my hands all the time and type a lot during work). I was so pleased with it that I went and bought two other colors. This polish is pretty awsome, imo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by alexaclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Just bought this yesterday and I love it! just 3 coats of this, top coat and some l'oreal quick dry and you're good to go. I have a warm skin tone and this looks superb.
It dried very quickly to a smooth finish and I love the flat brush that Rimmel has been using in this line of polishes. I find that it holds just enough polish that that it's easier to use than the more cylindrical smaller brushes of other brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm completely blown away by this polish!!! I've been craving Chanel's Peridot, but being a broke college student, I can't afford $25 for a nailpolish. So off to Walmart I went to find something similar enough!

This is by no means a perfect dupe of Peridot, but it's absolutely gorgeous in its own right. I got complete, opaque coverage in three coats, and have not needed a top coat. It dries quickly, and is very glossy and smooth. It's a cool-toned green loaded with gold and silver shimmer. It's absolutely stunning in the sunlight, and I can't stop staring at my nails!! I've added pictures of it on my nails (they're the only pictures so far under this polish).

I thought I would hate the brush (very thick and rounded), but I ended up loving it. It covered my nail very evenly and smoothly in about two strokes and didn't drip polish everywhere. The formula is fantastic as well, EXTREMELY smooth and quick-drying, virtually fool-proof. I intend to buy more Lasting Finish Pro polishes. This one is a true gem!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

So pretty, and is an easy go-to for fall pedicures, for me. Rags to Riches seems to be a newer addition to the Rimmel line (or perhaps I've just never noticed it before). It's a sparkling mossy green with fine golden shimmer.

What I've found, however, is that the first coat is super sheer; the second, a little better, but sheer still. The third coat offers some opacity, but not as much as expected, or perhaps I was simply hoping for a deeper green, as shown in the bottle. Although not quite the emerald green I'd love it to be, it's still very pretty, and at $3.50 CAD (and effortless application), worth it to add to your arsenal of polishes.