November 26, 2014 | 1768 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - The Muppets Cast Your Shadow Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by sara942

Just scored this at my local TJ Maxx for only $19.99! It was the exact same palette but instead of the muppet theme, it was The Balm & The Beautiful (soap opera TV theme). I will update this review when I try it out but my first impressions are as follows:

-Cute/funny theme (all the shades have hilarious names and the palette cover is designed to look like a TV set!)
-Amazing value: the individual palette shadows (~0.06+ oz) are larger than FULL-SIZED shadows from many other brands like urban decay, lorac and mac! While the TJ Maxx price was a steal, the full price ($44.50) is too, because it comes with 16 generous shadows and 3 lip/cheek tints for the price of 2-3 full sized shadows from most other brands.
-Very thoughtful packaging (has a little ribbon to help flip the brush out from the tray, separate leaflets to cover the powder eyeshadows vs the cream-based cheek tints/lipglosses to avoid cross-contamination, nice big mirror)
-Gorgeous, wide range of shades (most are soft shimmers, with 1 that's super sparkly and another 2 that are almost matte; the 3 lip/cheek colors are orange-red, nude and fuschia)

I'm so excited to use this! I probably wouldn't buy it again only because I know I'll never finish the one I have :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I love this palette. I did buy it mostly because I am a big fan of The Muppets and I just had to have it. I was fortunate enough to be a part of theBalm's first preorder that they posted on Facebook, which was a great relief since I was scared I might not be able to get the palette when it officially went on sale. I think this palette really is an excellent value because you get 16 shadows that are about the same size as Urban Decay or Mac regular shadow pans as well as three cream lip stains/blushes that are over an inch wide. For the $44 price tag you get a lot of product. I wouldn't say that any of the products offered here are radically unique, but they do perform very well. The shadows are as follows:

Tres Moi: warm dark reddish brown with pearl finish
Wocka, Wocka: dark olive khaki with a shimmer finish
Meep Meep: amber gold with an almost metallic finish
Mahna-Mahna: very deep brown with gold pearl
Sensational: medium cool taupe with a slight shimmer and pearl finish
Inspirational: medium dove grey-brown pearl
Celebrational: warm medium taupe with shimmer (very similar to Sensational, save for the undertone)
Mupptational: gunmetal with a metallic finish (similar to Inspirational in the pan, but obviously different when applied.)
Woman, Woman: forest green pearl
Curtain Call: lilac pearl
Great Gonzo: bright blue pearl
Kissy, Kissy: smoky eggplant semi-matte
Wild Child: butter yellow metallic
Lab Coat: bright white metallic
Hiii-Yaaa!: soft peach metallic
Swedish Pancakes: fleshy pink pearl

Rainbow Connection cream blush/lip stain: bright coral cream
Le Diva cream blush/lip stain: raspberry pink cream blush
Electric Mayhem: peachy nude glossy lipstick

(Note: All of the cream products are the same texture, which is a solid creamy consistency like Stila Convertable Color, but Electric Mayhem is listed as Lip Gloss while the other two are listed as Lip/Cheek Stain.)

Aside from the quality and the Muppetness of this palette, I like that there's a separate flap to cover the cream products so eyeshadow dust doesn't contaminate and ruin it. I think theBalm put a lot of work into designing this palette and they really paid homage to The Muppets. Everyone now knows that this palette is the same as the upcoming theBalm & the Beautiful palette that should be on sephora.com for the holidays. I prefer The Muppets packaging, but that's just me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No