July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by flfishie

I'm trying out BB creams for the first time and this is not one for me. This stuff is thick with full coverage. It did not spread well and looked caked on. It also felt sticky (like sunblock) on my skin. I am returning this item. The positive was I liked the color. It blended well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by jillianmd89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bottom line: In spite of being a fan of Clinique, this product was a fail for me.

When it comes to wearing make up, I want my skin to look great while wearing as little as possible. I'm currently a nanny for a toddler, but I'll be getting a new job next year and want to look more presentable. For that reason I'm trying to find a something that has SPF and oil control with as little coverage as possible. This has everything. Unfortunately it has way too much oil control to the point where it over-dries my skin. Now I'm half-Greek, which means that my face is usually an oil slick. This is literally the only product I have ever used in my entire life that over-dries my skin. When I use it my skin feels uncomfortable and doesn't really sink in and look natural. Prior to buying the product, I read that some people mixed the BB cream with moisturizer and that combination worked really well for them. I tried that and it did not make a difference. Plus, when you take an almost sheer BB Cream and mix it with half-moisturizer then it goes from sheer to non-existent, thus defeating the entire purpose of make-up. And I'm not an expert, but isn't BB Cream supposed to moisturize instead of completely sucking all the moisture out of your face? I love Clinique, but this (expensive waste of money) product was horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Princess777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only BB cream I have bought and seriously I have been quite satisfied with the healthy looking skin it gives me. I have tried it at Sephora after trying few others on the spot but I don’t remember their names unfortunately… I do remember I opted for this one because it suited perfectly my skin tone (I do believe I have the number 2?) I don’t have access to my makeup bag now: S. I bought it last June 2013 and I still have a lottt of it left and were in may 2014 so it’s a pretty good dam investment since I have used it everyday or so and you really just need a tiny bit of it for the whole face and it blends in perfectly and does stay for 6 hours about… My skin tone seems better and unified when I use it, pores are less noticeable, moisturizing and doesn’t give pimples. The only downside I would say is that it doesn’t cover’s spots left after blemishes, I mean you see them less but it still show’s a lot a find (I use my Almay concealer on top of those spots and finish with my Cover Fx blush which I adore).

I will be honest and say that as soon as the tube is finish I might try another one not because I am unsatisfied, but since last year so many new BB creams have came on the market and some of them by their ”targeted” ingredients and description seem more efficient and better quality…I am really curious to see if I get better results with less ingredients because this one has quit a few, you don’t have access to it on the website but I remember I noticed it once I got home and looked on the box and I was really surprised… Still I never had problem with it so I would consider it being part of the best ones out there with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this with advice of my esthtician, who works at Sephora. I bought it, and have been impressed. I still use serum (presently a sample by Clinque) and moisturizer. BB Cream is more like a foundation lotion with SPF. It matches my skin really well. It has a slight opaque coverage and feels soft when I apply it.

As for anti aging, I'm not so sure about that. I use a moisturizer.

The packaging is fair. I had to cut the tube to get to the last of the lotion. I wish the amount in the tube is more visible. I did buy more cause I like how light it feels.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by jojobeann

This is one of the best BB creams I have tried. I have acne scars, large pores and redness, as well as combination oily and dry patches. This cream evens everything out and surprisingly covers most of my blemishes, except for pimples, but that's what I expect from BB creams. I am usually a full coverage foundation girl, and I can get away with wearing just this cream, concealer and a finishing powder.

You definitely need to wear moisturizer under it because it is thick and matte, which may be a turn off for people who like an all purpose cream that doesn't require additional products. Despite the matte texture, it still gives my skin a luminous, natural look. It won't provide enough moisture to help dry skin, but it does make my skin feel soft and smooth. The benefit of the texture is that it stays on and controls oil throughout the day; it doesn't get streaky and greasy like many BBs I've tried.

The only major con is the shade selection. Shade 02 is too dark for me, but Shade 01 is extremely white. I chose the lightest shade because I wear powder over it and that warms up the color, but this cream will not transition to summer with me without making me look like a ghost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I tried the 5 day sample of this and much prefer it for my skin type than their CC Cream.

It is slightly thicker and has a semi matte finish, it blends it very well and is buildable, I would say this was a light - moderate coverage. It doesn't completely control the shine but then I don't think any products do
It lasts for a good 6 - 8 hours and you can top up throughout the day. This BB Cream generally feels better on my skin than a foundation and makes my skin soft and hides some inperfections, still need to apply a bit of concealer to certain areas.

Colour range could be better as I am No.3 (which is a great match) and I consider my skin tone light-medium. the next and last shade is 4 which is for deeper tones but there doesn't seem to be an in between.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by arpedraza

The BB Cream is too thick to be used on its own. It really is better to use a moisturizer prior to applying it. I'm not sure if I chose the right shade (No. 3) since it makes my face horribly white (I used to use Smashbox CC cream on fair to medium shade which really matches my complexion). For the good stuff, it's great that it's matte and it didn't break me out.

I think I'll go back to using Smashbox CC cream though it didn't really help with the correction of dark acne spots. But it really blends well, so.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by katydid17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this works so much better mixed with a moisturizer or liquid foundation. It is too thick to use on its own. I mix it with the Clinique moisturizer and it goes on well. Putting it on alone, it will feel like a mask and you have to pull and tug at your skin to get it to blend well. I like getting the benefits of the skin care, especially the SPF 30 without having to use a separate sunscreen. Overall, I give it a three because of how thick it is. I have used it for a while now (expensive but lasts forever because you don't need a lot) and my skin does actually look better (sans makeup). However, as another reviewer posted, it really doesn't add any "oompf" to my overall skin tone when applied. It is a bit dull.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A saleswoman at Sephora suggested this BB cream to me after doing the Pantone skin tone match. I was a bit wary, having tried a few BB creams when they first started getting popular, and finding them all to be too dark for my skin. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I haven't worn Clinique makeup since high school, so I don't have any of their other products to compare it to, but the texture of the cream was lovely and goes on very smoothly with my fingers. It blends well and gives me enough coverage to wear this to work, but doesn't make me look caked-on or like I'm wearing clubbing makeup in the middle of the day.

I have mild rosesca on my cheeks and this does a pretty good job of reducing that redness to a natural looking (as opposed to overwhelming) blush. Thus far it hasn't broken me out, and although this has SPF in it (which I appreciate), I still put on my usual SPF as a primer layer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by adheandithia

love this bb cream, i havean acne prone skin and this is so far not break me out and it cover anything even my dark circle under my eyes and with this bb cream no concealer needed, but one thing i hate about this bb cream is the color!! they just have 1 color and its too light for my medium skin tone