September 20, 2014 | 1766 users online

Moisturizers - KORA Organics - Luxurious Rosehip Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This review is for Kora Organics Balancing rose mist. I wouldn't re-purchase as after
I use this I still find my skin to feel quite dry

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by johnlaw92

If thereís one product from Kora Organics thatís worth the splurge, itís this one. I bought this product almost six months ago and it helps relieve a variety of different problems from dry itchy patches to acne scars.

A thin layer of it over your moisturizer at night once or twice a week gives your skin a nice bright glow in the morning, evens out your skin tone and keeps it feeling very plump and moist. I also use it as an after-shave (Iím a guy) and I massage it on any itchy spotsóitís really nice and soothing for any kind of irritation (not for blemishes though-- for that I use Tea Tree Oil from the Body Shop).

At first I was apprehensive about the very oily texture of it because my skin is sensitive and acne-prone, and applying A LOT of it in one spot can lead to irritation and itchiness. The key is to REALLY massage the product in with a circular motion for a few seconds, and spread it out to a thin layer over a large area of your face. It says ďpatĒ on the bottleóbut really, I think nice little massage is a much better way to go and gives you better results.

The bottle does look tinyóbut the oil is very, very rich so you really donít need much of itóone pump (and perhaps and extra drop or two) should be more than enough for you to massage a thin layer over your face and neck once or twice a week.

I personally love the rosy smellóitís a natural smell. A lot of people at first are put off by the smell, but thatís what real, unprocessed, organic rosehips smell like. Itís got a nicer texture and smell than the one from Sukinóprobably because Kora uses premium quality ingredients and this is supposedly a ďluxuriousĒ product.

The only downsides are: itís very expensive and the plastic "eco-friendly" packaging they're now using instead of a glass bottle feels a tad cheap. $45 for 15ml bottle is an indulgence to say the least. Sukin is about $20 and some people say it works just as well (I havenít tried it, so maybe I will when this one runs out). But then again because itís such a rich product you only need a little bit of it each timeómy bottle has lasted for at least 4 months and Iím still not finished with it.

If you're curious about the Miranda's brand, this and the Balancing Rose Mist should be the first products to try :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Kylamaree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only thing that this product did for me was break the bank :( Which is really sad to say because I had such high hopes for this rosehip oil to help with my acne scarring but I noticed no difference, bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Lew22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially, I was using this product during my pregnancy and I must admit it helped with the possible stretch marks on my stomach when I was full term. After I was pregnant, I can proudly say it worked for me. I have no stretch marks and even though the cost of the product is very pricey, I still continue to use this on my body occasionally to give my skin a beautiful glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update on my earlier review** I have been using this as a face lotion both AM and PM and it truly is my holy grail. My acne has clear up my pores appear smaller and my skin is moist and dewy. I will use this as long as they make it. Truly amazing

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Bellarenee1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

1. Price
2. Quality
3. Packaging quality

1. The price for this product is really really expensive for what you get. When I first purchased this, it smelt like deep gorgeous roses. I looked at other brands of rose hip oil, but this was the best one ONLY because of the scent. It was so relaxing and soothing. The scent smells kind of groose now so it is not worth the expensive $45 for a small 15ml. I've now swaped to Sukin rosehip oil which is so much cheaper and does the same thing.

2. When I first purchased the product in a glass bottle, with the gorgeous rose scent, It would be 100% worth the price. But now that it's in a plastic bottle and dosn't smell all that nice, I would say it's only worth at most $20 like the other organic rosehip oil brands.

3. The quality when i first purchased this was in a beautiful glass bottle which was really great for the price. at that point I would have repurchased. They have now swaped to 'eco friendly' bottles which are plastic and cheap. Not what you would expect from Kora. I still love most of the products just not for the price.

The rosehip oil is still an amazing product, and I still believe in KORA as it is an amazing brand, but it's not worth the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kittyofwhitby

I have tried almost the entire Kora range including this product. The range has not worked for me despite me having very high hopes, agreeing with the ethics of the brand and giving each products probably many more tries than I should of when I was reluctant to accept that they were giving me breakouts and dry skin (at once!).
This particular product is really an excellent smelling Rosehip oil. I haven't found one that smells as good as it - which is a shame because I keep thinking 'maybe I should just give it another try'. However I used this product until it was empty and found that it was very expensive for what I got and didn't last as long as I wanted. I also didn't like the fact that the pump action dispensed more than i would have liked to use and hence made me probably run out of it faster. I would have liked an eye dropper instead, or something that let me manage how much I dispensed.
I used this product in combination with a kora cleanser, face mist and moisturiser. I can't isolate my problems to this particular product but I can say that after 1 month I was loving the range, but then all of a sudden BAM I was breaking out, with cystic pimples, I had rough skin on my forehead - like tiny little bumps - and I felt quite depressed.
I stopped using this and the rest of the range and the problems cleared up in around 10 days. I started using this particular product again in the hope maybe I'd been wrong but the same thing happened.
If it weren't for the smell I would give this product an overall rating of 1 but the smell is lovely - but not lovely enough to get me past my pizza face!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by chookana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at the end of last year along with the KORA cream cleanser and purifying moisturizer. I ended up disliking the entire range because for me personally nothing worked.

The oil is really pricey at $45 for 15ml and I'm pretty sure trilogy has a cheaper one in a bigger bottle. After using it for a while I started breaking out on my face so I stopped using it on my face and started applying it to my stretch marks because I read somewhere that they can help with that, but after using it for quite a long time I still didn't see any improvements/changes. I do like the smell of the product though and the fact that a little goes a long way (half a pump for the face). I also like the way it feels because it's not greasy like some other facial oils, but I wouldn't repurchase solely for these reasons.

In the end I just accepted the fact that I wasted my money on the entire KORA range especially this oil. Safe to say I will not be buying any KORA products again. That being said, I think that organic products in general don't work for me, I feel as if the ingredients aren't powerful enough to get the job done, I like the concept though and the whole recyclable packaging aspect. Well anyway, I hope you girls have better luck with this than I did :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by pixie30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have read alot of positive reviews on Kora Organics. The Luxurious Rosehip Oil is amazing. I was a little worried using an oil on my face as I am prone to breakouts but the rosehip oil feels devine on your skin, very hydrating and soothing. I have tried many products Sothys, MD Formulations, Dermaquest, Decleor & many more but this product you see results straight away. You can purchase the products online or at David Jones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I wanted to say this first up, either I got a dud or this smells awful, like rotten herbs. I emailed the KORA team and I was told that this batch of jasmine oil was affected by recent flooding where their oil is sourced but should still work. So fair enough, I decided to hold my nose and use it. I use it straight after I wash my face while it is still wet. It doesn't cause breakouts and can be used on the eyes as well. I like it but I wouldn't repurchase because most of the products from KORA shrank with the new packaging and keeping the prices the same or making it higher. My one was 20ml for $35 and the one available now is 15ml for $45, so not loyal enough to get less of a deal. Great products though.
EDIT: I hate it. Not good for my acne prone skin. My face has been clear since I stopped using this on my face and when I started again, 2 big pimples emerged. Nope not for me. I'm disappointed to be the one with the smelly batch that makes my skin sore and unhappy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No