August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Le Gloss in Plum Rush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I really still like these le Gloss tubes. Emollient, moisturizing, shiny and yummy. This particular color is my favorite for Fall. Sometimes I use a stain underneath to give it some longevity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to never wear lipgloss, ever. The sticky sensation and uber glossy finish of most made them really uncomfortable for me to wear. That all changed, however, when my friend gave me this lip gloss. Yes, the color is a little scary in the tube, but as with most super dark colored lip glosses, it comes off very sheer on the lips; and wow, does this look beautiful. The texture is great, not too sticky but not too slimy either, just right. It's not super shiny which I like, because it looks more natural. The smell is delicious -- it's a bit like caramel. And the color is AMAZING! It's a "your lips but better" sort of color, it adds vibrancy and a hint of very sheer berry tint but not dark at all, it's just perfect. It's the kind of color that someone wouldn't be able to recognize as a lip color, just your lips looking plump and radiant (can lips be radiant? Let's assume so.) I'm not sure if this was limited edition but if I'm not mistaken I think I saw it at my local Walgreens a couple months back, so I hope it is still readily available because it's the only lip gloss that has managed to earn my love! Highly highly HIGHLY recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by 4paws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss, the color is like a beautiful plum: the inside of the fruit, not the skin (that odd dark-but-bright pink); it is similar to Clinique Black Honey in some ways, but Black Honey is more brown by comparison. It is a pretty color and easy to wear. This gloss stays on for a few hours and is a nice, comfortable consistency, not sticky and not sparkly and doesn't seem to creep too much...smells like toasted sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't a color I would normally go for because it looks so dark in the tube, but I saw it on sale at Target and decided to give it a try since glosses tend to be pretty sheer anyway. I was surprised that it doesn't really come out purple at all, instead it tints your lips a pretty pink color! I really like it and think it would look great on most people. It's not too sticky and I also like putting over different lip stains.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very cool lipgloss. I agree with the first reviewer's description of it as being along the lines of Clinique's Black Honey, but having a pink outcome. I was concerned that this might turn out too hot pink for me, but it looks great (I'm around the 20 range). It doesn't look like an unnatural tacky pink, and I also felt that it brightened and enlivened my coloring. I also like the smell of these lipglosses. Texture is right in the middle, IMO, not too greasy/slippery, like vaseline, but not as sticky as say, a Colorjuice gloss. I'll buy again when I run out, and might buy one for my daughter as well, because I think she'd love it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yeah, the tube looks a little chintzy, but I adore this latest incarnation of L'Oreal glosses-- I think it's replacing the Colour Riche ones with the doefoot applicator, which didn't sell because they were runny and crappy. It is thick but not sticky, creamy-smooth on lips, and smells lightly of buttercream.

I've read some reviews of the lighter shades in this line, that they are not very pigmented. Not a problem with Plum Rush! I haven't ever seen a lipgloss this shade, which is what attracted me to it. It looks blackish-purple in the tube, but don't be scared! Upon application, it shows itself to be a lovely cool, deep pink that really enlivens my PPP complexion. In this way, it's kind of like the surprise you get when you try on Clinique Black Honey, except this one veers firmly toward raspberry pink. Lasts a long time, super-shiny, and easy to apply. And I just think it's really fun to see it change color dramatically upon application!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No