Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color ALL SHADES

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/7/2015 2:05:00 AM

I have a few of these lurking in my lipstick collection - this review is for "Crush" a vibrant hot pink. Worn on its own its a very bright blue-based hot pink, this lippy looks great when layered over a paler shade to soften this down to a more muted bright or medium pink.

The formula is nice and creamy and glides on easily, these wear comfortably and feel moisturising, the brighter shades have reasonably long wear as they leave a bit of a stain behind but do wear off evenly.

The downside to these lipstick chubby pencils as that they wear down fast and need sharpening often. I have the UD Grindhouse sharpener but find these sharpen just as well with any jumbo sharpener like NYX or Australis etc.

on 12/15/2013 6:46:00 PM

I purchased this in F-Bomb a few months ago. It's somewhat moisturizing, but I find that it fades un evenly, leaving a line around my lips. It's lasts for about 3 - 4 hours on me before fading. I love the colour, but I have so many other reds to wear, that I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 10/9/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Lovechild on my friend's recommendation. I really tried to like it, but I couldn't. It's streaky and feels uncomfortable on my lips. It emphasized any dry skin, and just looked like a mess. This may have better results on someone with smaller lips, though. The final straw was that the cap came off in my purse and got everything in there messy! I feel like there are a lot of great glosses out there, and I don't need to waste my time on making this work.

on 9/19/2013 12:37:00 PM

I have this is the blood red shade, and it is just so gorgeous! The color is vibrant and flattering and I love the glossy finish. It gives me kissable, Jessica Rabbit lips. I want to try it in every shade!

on 8/10/2013 3:25:00 AM

I am Asian with NC15 skin and I have this in the shade Lovechild.

Contrary to all other reviews here I really hate this gloss.

Firstly it's sticky and has a really tacky feel to it. Secondly the colour just sits on my lips and emphasizes all the flaws, dryness, flakes, lines.

The shade I have (Lovechild) is this rose-fuschia pink, which is not flattering at all on my NC15 skintone and looks really garish.

I like the packaging and it would travel well, but sadly this is a no-go for me.

on 6/26/2013 3:47:00 AM

This are okay for me. Love the colors but a tad on the fence about whether I would repurchase them again. The pigmentation and texture is great, really smooth and has some nice glossy sheen to it. It being in a pencil form is somewhat convenient as well, allowing more precise application .I would buy them for the color [esp Naked and F-bomb] but I am not really fond of having to sharpen them, would be happier if it had some twist up mechanism or something, not only is it a pain to clean my sharpener when I sharpen these, a lot of product gets wasted too. The price on these isn't exactly the most purse friendly which is also why I must really be in love with the color in order to convince myself to get it. But overall if you are curious to give them a shot, I'd say try one first before going all out to purchase all shades first.

on 5/16/2013 8:22:00 PM

I love how these look like glosses but don't feel like it. I have the shade lovechild and Glinda (limited edition)

on 4/22/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

These go on beautifully. Creamy, pigmented and with lots of shine. I wish these were longer lasting/wore better for longer, because they really are so gorgeous. Within 3 hours my lips feel and look dryer and the color starts to flake/gather a bit.

on 4/22/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a very nice product--not quite as nice as NARS' Gloss Pencils, but close. Naked is a bit lighter than my lip color, but looks great over the 24-7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Naked (perfect nude lip for me), or over lipstick for a bit of shine and to lighten shades a bit. I do find it to be a cool shade and UD's description of it as a "nude pink sheen" is accurate for someone with lips a bit less pigmented than mine. It's non-drying, and the wear is about what you'd expect from a fairly glossy pencil. I think I'll find myself using this a lot as it's very versatile, and I would repurchase.

on 3/20/2013 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this product!
Long lasting, and looks fab too.
The colours are bright..I have the Crush hot pink shade. I really want the Fbomb bright red shade, so might invest in one of those soon.
Add it to my large collection of red lippys.

Video Reviews & Tutorials