December 17, 2014 | 1740 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Nutriganics - Softening Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by 92DingDong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Overall, I love using this product. It is my first step in my daily regime. I use it to remove all my makeup. It is so soft, and applies on the skin smoothly. Even with a gentle touch I can see it remove my makeup with ease.

It's really nice on my sensitive and oily skin. Not only does my skin feel clean after using it, my skin looks rejuvenated.

Would purchase again. A definite must have.

I also just started to implement the Korean skin care into my daily regime. In which one of the steps is to use a oil gel cleanser. If you are looking for one I would recommend trying this one out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by alliemarie655

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser.

I've had dry, eczema prone skin my entire life. This cleanser is so gentle and moisturizing that it honestly seems to help heal my skin any time there is irritation and feels like rubbing pure moisture in.

It is also AMAZING at taking off makeup-- especially eye makeup. I no longer have to use any kind of eye makeup remover as this dissolves mascara and eyeliner easily, as well as taking care of my foundation.

As far as any anti-aging effects I haven't noticed any difference, but I don't have many lines on my face as I'm still under 30. I'm using it mostly as an ultimate moisturizing wash. But I'm hoping starting to use it before I'm seeing anything major on my face will help as a preventative measure.

Make sure to apply to a dry face. My only complaint is that it's not the best for using in the mornings in the shower unless you apply it before you go in.

Price is right, especially for how long it lasts (a bottle usually lasts me about four months or so) and TBS always has sales. Many people have complained about the scent of Nutriganics but I find it very clean smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are after a simple but effective cleanser this is it. The ingredients are pretty good I think and it does a good job of removing makeup without causing my sensitive skin any issues. It is lacking the luxury feel but as I currently use TBS camomile sumptuous cleansing butter as a first cleanse, I get my luxury from that one!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kaylynncr89

PROS: -I love that it's 98% natural ingredients. -I also love how it completely removes all my makeup, I tend to wear heavy makeup daily. -I love the consistency of this product as it goes on as a gel, turns into an oil, and as soon as it come in contact with water, it turns to a milky texture. CONS: -it does make my skin feel tight after using it. -I must use a damp towel to remove cleanser residue or it will get in my eyes ever after several attempts at splashing my face with water. BEST WAY TO USE: -on dry skin apply gel. -Rub in circular motion till it turns to a oily texture. -Wet hands and continue to massage till it turns to milky texture. -Splash face with water a couple of times. -Wet a towelette, rinse off residue.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I guess my most accurate review would be that this is a -nice- product. Not great, not bad, just nice.

I was given a full sized tube of this when I attended one of The Body Shop's store openings. What I do appreciate very much about this product is that 99% of it is derived from natural ingredients, and 75% of it comes from Community Trade products, and for that I must applaud The Body Shop! Given the origins of its ingredients, I'd say it works fairly well. It doesn't do great at removing party makeup - by that I mean heavy eyeshadow, eyeliner and blush/bronzer - but if you're just taking off some sunscreen and light foundation, I'd trust this.

I usually take a dollop of it and rub it all over my dry face until it starts to melt in, and turns to an oily consistency, I then use warm water to emulsify it and rinse it off. My skin is left soft, fresh and healthy. In fact, if you're one of those blessed types who have such perfect skin and don't need makeup to cover up, then I think this product may be one of your best friends!!

The reason why I'm giving it 3 stars is because again, it's just a nice product. As a makeup remover, I prefer Shu Uemera's cleansing oil, and as a normal everyday cleanser, I prefer La Roche Posay's Effaclar Foaming Gel cleanser. I also would have preferred it to have had a clear packaging instead, but that's just personal preference. I still have some of this left, and I'd use every last drop of it, but it won't be something that I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ic8990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very impress with this stuff! I have tried many makeup removers and I think it is as good as the MAC Cleansing Oil. Once this stuff touches water it almost transforms into a milky/oil consistency. It is sensitive, removes my mascara, and it does not leave a residue after cleansing. I would 100% repurchase this again. This makes your skin feel clean without a tight sensation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like that this cleansing gel is 99% from natural origin and that 45% of the ingredients of that 99% are from certified organic farming. I really like the unobtrusive pleasant scent that smells kind of naturally pleasantly medicinal instead of fake perfumey. I also liked that it did not leave my skin feeling greasy either, although a bit tight so a followup moisturizer was required. My biggest complaint however is that I require a lot of this product to remove my makeup and therefore went through my little standard sized 100ml tube very very quickly; it only lasted me one season. I don't normally go through any skin care product quickly so this was a surprise. Perhaps its also a testament to me liking it so much that I chose to use it so often over my numerous other choices. I don't remember how much I paid for it but I do remember it was not cheap for the amount provided at regular price.
I have a request that the Body Shop change the packaging to a bigger and pump style bottle; I like the green colour accents - also less importantly, maybe they could change the look of the container to a clear bottle - to something nicer but only if not sacrificing the quality of the actual gel.
I like Nutriganics softening cleansing gel much, much better than sister company Lancome's cleansing oil, just want a bigger pump style bottle for a more reasonable price without sacrificing the formulation. Otherwise, for now I'm sticking with my Bioderma and Vichy Purete Thermale Micellar 3 in 1 sensitive skin cleansing solution.
Edit March 2014: I really liked that this product is so natural, and with all the promos on at The Body Shop now as they are competing with B&BW I think I'd like to pick this up at a discount to keep on hand when I want an oil to milk cleanser for when I want to change up my regimen, which knowing me, is all the time, I have so much product to rotate. So, changed my rating and would definately buy gain, albeit at a discount ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall I like the Nutriganics line from the Body Shop. The cleanser also has this soft scent, cleansing power seems good (I always use my cleansers after using a cleansing oil so it is sometimes difficult to comment on the efficiency). Not abrasive at all for my sensitive skin. Would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The weather has changed into Autumn blah. So my clay based clearasil vitamins & Extracts wash & mask is too drying now. Seen this on mua and thought I would give it a try.
Basically this is ok. It is a gel that melts to an oil when massaged onto dry skin, we r instructed to do this for a minute or 2. Then will rinse away with water.
It says that it will remove makeup & impurities and using it as it is instructed I don't think it will do that in hard water areas. When I tried that I was left with a greasy & coloured residue. Gross.
So this is how I use it.
Take makeup off with separate remover. Makesure skin dry
Squeeze a 2inch line of product on finger then dot over face and neck. Proceed to massage in. Good op to do facial massage techniques.
Then use damp baby microfiber cloth to remove product, again and again and again.

After using this method then skin is left smooth and clean with minimal tightness, which I attribute to the water.
I then tone with LRP water and my skin is not stinging or burning, but feels clean and not stripped.

The smell is quite floral, which is not my bag. But it isn't over powering and not left on my skin once it is rinsed off.
It hasn't clogged me yet, but jury is out on that one.

Price is 9 for 100ml. I could get higher branded better cleansing oils for the same amount, ml for ml.
or make my own rinsing cleansing oil for a lot better value.

Bottom line is I will continue to finish it, but will not repurchase nor would I recommend friend nor foe to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by bluestar100

I have a skin that needs a good alround cleanser as I have a bit of everything. Combination with dry cheaks and oily T zone, sensitive and prone to allergic reactions, mature skin (36 years old). I found this product too drying for my cheeks. I have kept it for when I want to clean just the T zone of my face, but I wont be buying it again...there are better products out there:
I am currently using Botantics all bright cleanser, which is fantastic, cleans my skin, leaves it feeling soft, and its half the price nof the body shop one.