July 24, 2014 | 1946 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick in Violet Frenzy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not normally a fan of Revlon makeup, but I bought this after reading that it was a dupe for MAC's Rebel. I have to say that I'm very impressed with how long-lasting this lipstick is. The colour looks scarily purple in the tube, but the finish is actually fairly sheer (but very buildable for a more dramatic look). What's great is that even when this lipstick starts to fade, the colour is still even - no bleeding or horrible lines around the lips. I don't use a lip pencil or any kind of primer and it lasts 4-5+ hours and still looks great, even after eating/drinking. The formula is also quite moisturising and creamy. If you're unsure of whether a purple lip is for you and don't want to splurge on high-end lipstick, this is a good colour to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I'm a dark, statement lipstick kinda gal and violet frenzy fits the bill for daily use. This is a cool-toned violet shade with a subtle blue shift and sheen. As other reviewers said, this shade applies lighter than it appears but you can build it up to create more intensity and I pair it with Jordana silver lilac LL to increase longevity and pigmentation- perfect combo imo. The formula isn't moisturizing by any means, but it's not matte either as it has a pearl finish, I'd say it's average in application and goes on smoothly, lasting about 3 hours. No complaints here besides it can look patchy if my lips aren't moisturized properly beforehand! Don't hesitate to grab this lipstick at your local drugstore, it's truly flattering on all skin types and makes a statement for only $5.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I think this is still growing on me. The key is in the "Pearl" finish - it's a light shimmer, decently pigmented, but very very very sheer. I think it would perform nicely over a dark stain, since it's also very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpool

I never comment but this lipstick is beautiful! Reminds me of MAC Rebel. $5 at ULTA. You won't be disappointed with this wine berry shade. Appears darker in the tube than it will be on your lips. It's almost a creamy berry shade. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: violet

Pros

- creamy
- moisturizing

Cons

- sheer
- poor staying power

Comments: This is an easy shade to wear as it's a bit sheer and not dark as you see in the tube. It's pretty creamy so it doesn't wear long. I like the color, just wish it were more opaque and less creamy as it didn't sit well on my lips.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by KoreanJuliette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a GORGEOUS color, absolutely perfect for fall. It isn't as dark on the actual lipstick bullet on my lips, but that may be because my lips are really pale on normal days.

I took one lippie off for the smell. You can't really smell it when you apply it on your lips, but it's horrendous and disgusting, and I'm pretty tolerant on bad scents for makeup. Smell if you dare.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by MimiMonstermash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great soft sheer purple colour that isn't dark almost black. It has a bit of shimmer that reminds me of a disco ball and it looks really good during the fall season with great big lashes and dark hair. I don't see older women wearing this because its sort of a modern colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lmcd2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great colour. The cosmetician told me it was LE, so I bought backups. I hope it's actually permanent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

violet frenzy is a nice purple/lplum it is part of the new collection expressionist! Beautiful fall color! It shines a little,verry pigmented,good color pay off,last long! Go well with plum,purple,nude,black,gold,nude pink eye shadows.love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brand new shade from Revlon is from the Expressionists Collection by Gucci Westman. What an amazing violet shade of lipstick this is. It's not a deep rich purple, it's more like a light violet. I love this color. It has a slight shine to it and it lasts a long time. Going to buy myself a back-up because this shade will go quick.