December 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Mascara - MAC - Opulash Optimum Black mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by itsjulianne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! The formula lasts all day and doesn't give my already long lashes the "spidery" look like a lot of other mascaras do. I don't have any of the smudging I've experienced with a lot of other brands. Overall this is a great mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried cheap drugstore mascaras and higher end ones, but the MAC opulash always seems to be the one I go back to. I've been using it for about two years now, and I absolutely adore it!
I have blonde eyelashes that look like they're not even there without mascara, but the complete darkness of this colour coats them into visibility! Not only are my lashes actually seen when wearing this, but they look ten times longer and thicker, it's amazing!
Yes, the product is very dry so be prepared for that, but I don't see it as a negative. It doesn't flake and the dryness just makes it glue to my lashes all day, better than a waterproof as my lashes maintain their curled shape if I sleep on them (if that makes sense). The large brush also works in my favour, as long as you have a steady hand it will just boost the volume of your lashes to crazy lengths.

I have legitimately been asked by about five different people if I'm wearing false eyelashes when wearing this on days when I dramatically build my mascara. It's worth the price, I highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I usually go for drugstore mascara, but I decided to try this since the Veronica packaging was so cute. It's mediocre at best. The brush is enormous, making it much harder to work it into the lashes without clumping and smearing. When it dries, it's very brittle and will flake. It also smeared awfully when my eyes watered up. I remove it with almond oil, and it feels gritty and hard when removing it- it comes off in flakes that go in my eye and cause irritation. The only positive thing I can say is that it's very black, but that's not at all unique for a mascara.

I'll stick with Benefit's They're Real and Clump Crusher.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Meluhknee

I am a big fan of Dior mascaras--I would apply Dior Extase as a base and finish with two coats of DiorShow Blackout. I loved the finished look but that would set me back $53. This is a great substitute for $17. This is the only MAC mascara I will use because it gives me the volume, length and curl that I desire. One thing I hated about the Dior mascaras was that they were very wet and gooey. You will notice that this is a very DRY mascara but DO NOT let that scare you--it works amazingly well. It does have a large brush, so just note that (I always have dark drag queen eyes anyway, so if I do bump the wand against my eyelid, you can't even notice the smudge). Hope you like it as much as I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by dinksbeauty

Gorgeous mascara. both lengthens and volumises and it doesn't smell bad either! It is really really black too which is a great thing when you have ginger eyelashes!!! Price isn't too bad and even better if you catch it in the Debenham's beauty sale. Really modern and sophisticated packaging too. Overall a great product.

dinksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will not re repurchasing this mascara. I don't know what it is about this formula but it irritated my eyes. On top of that, it dries to a brittle finish that if you don't remove it all the way at night it remains as little flakes that get into your eyes, I think that is why I reacted to it. I didn't think it was any better than drugstore mascaras therefore I do not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kimmi_mtlqc

The manager at the MAC counter recommended this mascara-I got it in the cute Archie collection packaging. The only pro I see is this mascara has good staying power and does not flake. I was looking for dramatic long, thick lashes and this mascara didn't deliver. I didn't like the large brush, I have tried large brushes in the past like Dior Show but for some reason found this one hard to use.I find I would get a black line close to my lash-almost like I applied black eyeliner-which I didn't! I did not get any thickness nor much length. I will be returning it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyLPruitt

After using Este Lauder More then Mascara for 20 years, I grew tired of it running in my eyes when my eyes "watered". I'm not sire about anyone else, but my eyes get watery in bright sun, wind, when I yawn, etc. More than mascara would run into my eyes and burn and make my eyes water even more until all of my mascara was wiped off. Enter MAC Optimum Opulash. It is fantastic. I had requested a waterproof mascara. This is what was recommended at the MAC store. It is a wonderful mascara. I have never seem any of the flaking mentioned in other reviews. And when my eyes water, it does not run or irritate my eyes. I would not consider this a waterproof mascara, but it certainly fulfilled my needs. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kelsielilly

Just bought this instead of my usual False Lashes by MAC.I have to say I love it, it doesn't make my already long lashes look spider-y and it doesn't clump. A nice, dark mascara that volumizes your lashes. It is a bit of a dry formula, like others say, and the brush is a little tricky at first. But an excellent mascara I promise you

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by annqay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this one after I ran out of the usual Opulash. I find this one a bit dryer but also very nice and will definitely repurchase one of them.
Due to the noted dryness I noticed a bit more flaking. And I had a bit more trouble getting it off in the evening (but it worked fine with some micellar water or oil).
Regarding the colour I'm not sure whether it is my imagination playing tricks on me or whether it really is a tiny bit "blacker". I don't know. And it's not really important to me (I only bought this one because the regular one was out).
What I love about it is that I only need one or two coats to get real volume and colour and it doesn't clump rightaway.

Update:
I take off one lipstick since it began flaking annoyingly over the last days. I still find this a very nice mascara and it hasn't flaked for the first months as others I tried before did right from the beginning but in comparison to the usual Opulash it just ... flakes. More. Annoyingly more.