LUSH Red Rooster soap

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This soap has very mixed reviews, and I can understand why: the smell is not going to be for everyone. However, I am amongst those who really enjoy it! I received a sample of this in my latest LUSH order, and was pleasantly surprised! I used it to wash my hands, and was instantly reminded of those clove-studded orange pomanders that my relatives used to hang all over their houses during the autumn and winter months. Everything else about this soap is just average (hence the subtraction of two lippies), but being the sucker for nostalgia that I am, I would purchase this JUST to have that smell around during the autumn and winter months.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This smells like christmas cooking to me, not "man juice" (although that review did make me giggle). It isn't my favorite scent, but is warm and kinda smells like ginger bread cookie dough. It's a great comfort scent and I don't mind using it up. I wouldn't buy it again, though.
This does get my skin squeaky clean, isn't too drying (big deal for me), and has a decent lather.
My bar that I bought didn't have any cloves or cinnamon in it, which i was actually kinda disappointed about.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ugh I can't give it a zero? I agree with the MAN JUICE comment wholeheartedly, you can see it compared to this all over the Lush forum. This was the worst Lush product ever! Man juice with a dash of clove, retch.

I used to work at Lush and the employees would nearly burst out laughing whenever someone would complain about it being discontinued. It seriously was almost always older ladies reeking of smoke that complained about it. Perhaps all the smoking killed their olfactory nerves.

on 8/12/2010 6:50:00 AM

One of my favorite oldies but goodies from Lush. It was 1 of the original (for me) soaps I bought from them 12 years ago when I first found Lush. Nice orangey cinnamon scent but it is a bit drying. I have not gotten this 1 in years but would if I found it in store.

on 8/12/2010 2:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This smells disgusting...that is all.

I bought this for my mom on Christmas and she never used it, six months went by and I know they have expire dates but I said screw it I'm gonna use it. I was so in captivated with this, why was it discontinued!?!?!!!! First off the red soap was kinda ugly looking, with the cloves and cinnamon sticks etc. Its so warm and lovely and the spicy scent makes me feel so safe I could spend all day showering with this one. Wasn't drying really deep cleaned... I wish I had bought more...

OK, I liked this soap! I did use it as a hand soap around Christmas though, not as a body soap. Also, I love the smell of clove and oranges so this one works for me. It does have a strong smell and if you are offended by a clove-y smell you won't like this one.

on 1/27/2010 8:51:00 PM

This smell is gross, it smells like pure clove, maybe a guy might like it, I know mine doesn't. We just use it as a hand soap, thank god it was a free sample.

on 12/31/2009 12:32:00 PM

I probably would have liked this a lot if I were a guy, but I am not so I wouldn't want to buy this again. It has a really strong smokey and clove smell to it, my boyfriend enjoyed it, I did not.

on 8/7/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To me this soap smells yummy, a warm, clovey goodness...just like an un-smoked pack of clove cigarettes and those little hard clove candies you get at Christmas time. I however, would not use it on myself, as it is a bit too masculine but, when my husband uses it....look out ladies...cause he is smelling delish!

Popular Gels/Soaps