Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 7.80% [] OCTINOXATE 3.60% INGREDIENTS: VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER [] HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER [] POLYSILICONE-11 [] SILICA [] POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT [] PANTHENOL [] CERAMIDE 2 [] CERAMIDE 3 [] GLYCERIN [] ERGOTHIONEINE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATE [] TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] ASCORBYL TOCOPHERYL MALEATE [] MAGNESIUM STEARATE [] NYLON-12 [] LAURETH-12 [] ALUMINA [] AMINOPROPYL ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE [] ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE [] [ /- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 4/12/2015 8:13:00 PM

I have a very love-hate relationship with mineral makeup. I want to love it, but I always end up hating it. This, unfortunately, was no different. I don't know why mineral make up doesn't work for me. It's not even build-able. Pros: Lightweight, wide variety of shades, light coverage. Cons: oxidizes, not very good coverage, does not last longer than 4 hours. I even tried using this as a quasi-setting powder and nope. Doesn't work as that either. I really don't know what else I can say about this product. I couldn't recommend it and I definitely wouldn't attempt to try this product again.

on 2/2/2015 2:25:00 PM

Mine is Light to Medium... The BEST loose powder ever!!! stay on my face with any base (my YSL serum and or nutri creme, bottega verde uva rossa serum, MAC mineralize foundation,etc) this is definitely the powder of my life !!!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am on the fence, I was matched orginally in medium which was a bit to dark and orange for me, I went back and exchnaged in for light medium, much better a little bit light, but the tone is correct, I warm it up with the Ben Nye Banana powder. Looks good then .
Will update once I decide to keep it or not, the coverage is all Right for my Mac NC40-42 skin tone or BB stick foundation warm natural. But I can see if you like heavier coverage this is not for you.

on 7/24/2014 6:13:00 AM

I use the bobbi brown skin foundation mineral makeup in light-medium as my setting powder. This really is my holy grail product, works extremely well and isn't very pigmented therefore it works amazing as a setting powder over my liquid foundation. I apply it all over my face with the real techniques multitask brush which really packs the powder on my face and give an overall matte and healthy looking skin. Alternatively I use it to set my concealer on good skin days giving a very natural and healthy look. The only downside is the price of this product as it retails for approx $62 but that is to be expected as this is a high end brand.

on 4/25/2014 7:53:00 AM

Very very light coverage, but blends very well on screen giving a nice feel to skin. I use it as a setting powder over my moisturizer and concealer on lazy makeup days and works well for me. But for a well polished look u definitely need something more pigmented underneath

on 3/8/2014 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is great if you're looking for a light coverage, "my skin but better" look. Think of it as more of a skintone-evening product. I do wish it had a *tad* more pigment, but I am definitely into a no-foundation look for everyday wear and this serves that purpose for me. I've tried BareMinerals, PurMinerals, and this and I like this one the best for the reasons listed below:

Pros:
-Leaves NO SHINE. Finally! A foundation that doesn't make me look shiny!
-Does not make my face itch or cause breakouts (I always used to break out and itch with BareMinerals)
-Light coverage, no-makeup look. Better than a sheer powder. I don't feel it on my face.
-Contains some great ingredients like sodium hyaluronate and a few antioxidants
-Does not make my face feel dry or tight
-Does not oxidize, change color, or create a shiny zone around my nose throughout the day like other mineral foundations
-Good color options for darker skin tones. I went with Medium to Dark, but could also have gone with the darker shade for summer months.
-Contains SPF

Cons:
-Don't like the packaging, but it seems like this is the standard for mineral makeup (it's pretty much the same sifter-type packaging as BM)
-A tiny bit more pigment wouldn't hurt
-Price is kind of high

on 2/22/2014 7:15:00 AM

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this, but here it goes... I'm on my 3rd or 4th container of this and will be on my next one before long. I'm not usually a mineral makeup cheerleader, but this is great.

Usually I wear this with something else--typically over a moisturizer and (if I want extra coverage) over a BB/CC cream. Right now I wear it over Clinique's CC cream. I'm always nervous about having cakey or obvious foundation, but this looks very, very natural, even when I wear it over other products. If it's blended in well, you can't tell I'm wearing it, and it does hide small flaws well. It is relatively long lasting--I'd say it lasts throughout the work day and might require a little touch up before heading out to dinner.

For what you get, it's a little pricey. I go through a container in about 2 months, and I'm not really packing it on. I can usually find it at a CCO for less than I'd pay at Nordstrom or Sephora.

I'm a NW15 and the Extra Light color works really well for me. If you're paler, it might be too dark.

The only thing I'd change is the packaging. The non-removable sifter top makes it tough to get all of the product out, so when I near the end, it's a little frustrating. It seems a little wasteful. That said, I've repurchased this several times and have every intention of replacing it again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for two years and I must say the only time this looks flawless on me is when my skin isn't acting up ( aka no acne). Those that expected miracles in this product were fooling themselves. One cannot expect life changing results with any product because there are too many variables. With that being said....this is not a full coverage product....its not even a medium coverage. It merely cancels out the shine and lightly evens out your skintone. And that's exactly what I was looking for in a mineral powder. I spot treat my under eye area with Bobbi Brown's touch up stick and in my t-zone and using the Bobbi Brown buffing brush I apply the mineral powder. Gives me a nice my skin but better look. I will definitely continue re purchasing this.

on 12/8/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm surprised to see the mixed reviews on this product. I've worn mineral foundation from 4 companies (if not more) including Bare Minerals, and this is my favorite so far.

I'm currently on my 4th jar and each one seems to last me 4-5 months. It's around $30 each at the Cosmetics Company store, which is fine considering how long it lasts.

It has a silky fine texture and gives a great photo finish - I use a silk setting powder over top and in some photos, I've looked photoshopped! For long lasting wear, though, you definitely need a primer and a finishing powder. Also, I always use concealer on spots and under my eyes, and this foundation evens it all out.

Best part: it doesn't aggravate my acne. Overall, I think this is a solid, quality foundation and am happy to have found it.

on 11/29/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the BEST mineral foundation out there! I've tried them all. The best thing about this - no bismuth oxychloride. I am a NC 15-20 and use the shade - light. You can also build this foundation - you just need the right brush!! (An excellent brush is a must!) This foundation lasts all day - doesn't settle into pores. If I don't blot all day - it gets glowy - but not greasy.