Garnier Garnier Fructis Survivor Rough It Putty

on 1/19/2014 3:42:00 PM

Very cool. I used this to straighten my hair with and the results were amazing. I have long, wavy hair. I applied this while damp and went over it with a wet-to-dry straightener. I've never seen my hair so smooth before! And shiny! Usually, it looks feathery and straw like no matter what hair serum I use.

I discovered this putty works well with heat on accident. I usually use a bit of wax on the tops of my hair while wet because, when in its natural wavy state, it gets really frizzy. Wax/putties help to matte down my hair in a process called "encouraging clumps." Well, one day I went to put this on, and then changed my mind and decided to straighten my hair. Now, I'm not sure how this works with a hair dryer, but with my straightening iron on my damp hair, the results are beyond amazing. Super soft, shiny, nongreasy and smooooooth.

This product is discontinued. I must now buy a bunch and try to figure out how to replace it when I can no longer buy it.

on 9/1/2011 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh my, this is awesome and exactly what I was looking for! Iíve been searching for a suitable replacement for my discontinued Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream. Iíd seen this product before, but was unsure of how to use a Ďputtyí, and the packaging and product itself seemed to be marketed more towards guys, so I never gave it much thought. But it has the same packaging as the Soft Curl cream, and nearly identical ingredients, so I thought Iíd give it a try, and Iím sooooo happy I did! I use it to add definition and hold to my chin length, wavy-curly hair. The texture is thick and almost glue-like. It is white in color and has the typical fruity Garnier Fructis scent. Application is a little Ďtrickyí. I found it works best if I scoop out about a nickel-sized amount, then wet my hands, and then rub it between my hands until it forms a slick gel. Then I just scrunch it into my damp hair & blow dry as usual. It gives me volume at the roots, and definition at my ends. It holds the curl all day and seems to help control frizz. All I need is some sort of finishing spray, and Iím set. As long as I donít over-apply, I donít have any problems with this making my hair greasy (I only apply it to wet hair; it seems to weigh down my hair when applied to dry hair). I am so glad I gave this a try. I think it can have a variety of uses depending on how its applied. I will definitely be picking up a couple of back-up tubs, since Garnier seems to frequently discontinue products.

Popular Styling Products