Live Clean Exotic Nectar - Argan Oil Leave In Spray

3.5

on 1/28/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- this is also a great styling tool for wet sets that frizz if hair is too damp... This will dampen just enough and boost the longevity of the resulting style.

I found that my conditioners (all of them except an Arbonne one which I love but ran out of and can't afford at the moment) contained a preservative I am sensitive to, methylsomething. This was causing recurrent rashes/breakouts IN MY SCALP/HAIRLINE, painful itching, and to top it off, my hair looked yucky and fuzzy/fluffy using these conditioners. Hair was also falling out more than I am used to, and I imagine that an 'inflamed' scalp contributes to or causes that. (The Ice Cream for dry hair, Aussie moist, tresemme, and a couple of others I forget the names of). It took so much trial and error till I realized the Live Clean line of hair products work the best for my hair without causing the irritation/allergic reaction I get with other drugstore brands.
This makes my curly hair soft, well defined curls, smells fine (not overpowering, a fresh laundry type of scent), no crunchy residue, hair is shiny. No frizz, no tangling.
(Of course it is not meant for styling so I don't understand the reviews that berate the lack of 'hold'...)
I have no irritation with it.
I even tested it out today by using THe most drying shampoo I have , and this afterwards--my hair is really moisturized/glossy-looking and the curls are nice.

I have one issue with this: you can overapply since it comes out in a mist, you can mistakenly think you need more and more. Even overapplying doesn't give a greasy result, but it's just better if you use less. Oh also it is best to use on wet or damp hair , not 2nd-day dry hair

on 11/2/2014 3:50:00 PM

I bought the whole argan oil collection. The shampoo and conditioner works fine but this spray does no justice for me.
Pro's:
-nice packaging. Fine mist
-smells absolutely lovely
-no added weight
Con's:
- not a good detangler
- does not "moisturise" as much as I like. The liquid isn't even oily/silky feeling...
Overall, I would not buy it again. 3/10. I was hoping that the bottle opens up so I can add the conditioner and water instead..nope doesn't open.

on 5/20/2014 11:07:00 AM

While I usually love Live Clean products I found that this one only added a light, pleasant fragrance to my hair, and nothing more. Due to the lack of results, I would not purchase again.

on 2/6/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This spray made my hair soft but thats about it. No hold or shine, will not repurchase.

on 11/9/2013 11:06:00 AM

I can't believe the difference this made in my hair, instantly. After my shower where I only used shampoo, my hair was a bit rough, dry and tangled. Spraying this in and brushing with a boar bristle brush instantly made it smooth, soft and sleek to the second day, and I keep running my fingers through it and it just doesn't tangle at all. And I have bleached hair. I'm going to use this forever. And if it's true that it's simply the conditioner mixed with water, next time perhaps I'll just buy the conditioner and mix it with water in this bottle. I think it was worth buying for the fine spray if you don't have one. I use it on dry and damp hair, it doesn't seem to make a difference in the outcome.

I absolutely love live clean shampoos and conditioners. they work very well for me. I have been using them for a year now and am growing my hair very long. but i have to tell you people the truth!

The leave in conditioner is just the conditioner mixed with water, check the ingredients yourself.

and the Argan oil it has so much of ( in the entire argan oil collection) is not real. it is mixed with cheap oils like olive oil and is not worth 10 dollars + .

A really good way to fix this would be to buy an athentic bottle of argan oil ( expensive, dark glass bottle, no other ingredients, smells nutty/popcorny, is silky in your hands,has some sedement) and add to the shampoo and conditioner, or use it after you condition.

but overall, this leave does give some good slip for combing your hair when wet. it smells good too. It broke me out bad on my back so make sure you rinse very well. people keep saying they dont like it because they put it on dry hair! only put it on wet/damp hair!

on 8/22/2013 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this at Shoppers one day and decided to try it. I use very clarifying shampoo and conditioners so when I get out of the shower my hair feels stripped and like you can't comb through it. I have extremely fine, thin, oily and colored hair that is usually oily within 5-6 hours of washing it, so I usually hate using any leave in treatments or conditioners because they add to that oily look and feeling. I have tried many leave in detanglers and conditioners such as Joico, Wella, Matrix and tons of other brands and they all made my hair look greasy right after I blowdry it.

I spray only 3-4 sprays of this on it avoiding my roots and almost instantly I'm able to comb through it easily, and then blowdry it. When it dries it feels soft and I haven't had any problems with my hair looking too oily from this spray unless I have used way too much.
One lippie off because it can be hard to judge where it is spraying and how much is coming out because of the bottle. Also I wish it had a bit nicer smell. Other than that I am happy this works!

on 8/4/2013 1:33:00 PM

I wear hair extensions... all the damn time! And I also have thin oily hair. Although I have never tried it on my real hair, it works wonders on my extensions (that have also been bleached btw). Keeps all frizz at bay and tangles much less throughout the day. I wish I had found this product sooner! Only con is, when I over do it (usually on the days I don't wash my hair) it leaves an oily residue that is really bothersome to me since I always leave my hair down. Overall, it is a great product for your hair, very soft and manageable.

P.S. I ONLY buy this line at Walmart, every Canadian should know how overpriced Shopper's is lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! My hair is broken all over from brushing too hard :( and I don't ever use the straightener because I don't want to damage it further. But this product smoothes my broken hair and split-ends and makes my hair look healthier than it is. Mind you, it doesn't look perfect but for my horrible hair, it is a miracle. Also, it helps to untangle after washing and doesn't feel sticky at all which is a major plus.

on 6/28/2013 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is a bit strange to me, though overall good. When I first apply it into dry hair at night, it makes my hair feel super tangled and a weird sort of oily-rough combo. But, when I wake up in the morning, my hair is tangle free, wonderfully soft, and healthy. It's a very good product but I would only recommend it for overnight use. Also, I hoped for more of a mist type application, but it kind of squirts out a little uneven. Once I brush it through it distributes fine, though.