July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Styling Products - DevaCurl - Mist-er Right Curl Refresher

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

To me, this just seemed like overpriced hairspray! This did nothing to "boost" or rejuvenate my wavy hair at all. Plus, I hated how it felt sticky. I've been loving the Devacurl line lately, but this is just a huge disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This ended up being another disappointing hair product for me. I found that it didn't reactivate my curls any better than plain water... and nowhere near as well as my homemade sea salt spray. The smell is VERY strong in my opinion and I love the scent of lavender but this was just too much- like spraying a body spray on my hair. And boy this is pricey. Not worth it at all for me. And if I did really like this concoction, I could probably just make something similar myself. I say pass on this- make a sea salt spray or just put some water and essential oil in a mister- you'll get better results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Leaves my hair light and refreshed with no telltale signs that it's second or third day hair! Does a lovely job of refreshing curls and killing frizz. Definitely my favorite refresher spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by rach124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few refresher sprays and this is the only one that really works for me. Other sprays either did nothing or were too sticky; this one is the right balance where it makes a noticeable difference but doesn't feel like it's adding a ton of product to your hair. The best DevaCurl product I've tried. Kind of expensive but it's a big bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG- and a 65 year old woman who has taught legal writing to post-grads rarely gushes OMG. This stuff urges each curl like the little engine that could- "You can make it, you can make it". Me, hair is wavy-to-curly, colored dark brown every 8 weeks and in good condition, almost shoulder length, quite thin and fine, and frankly hormonally balding on top despite my use of Rogaine and biotin. I shampoo daily, wrap and dry 3/4 way with a microcloth towel while I do my makeup and partially dress, then put on a mixture of curling cream (usually AG Re:Coil) and gel (Biosilk), and mix together a good nickels worth in equal proportions. (This combo and amount I have been doing for years.) After I finger that through my hair I spray this magic stuff and gently comb my hair and then tousel and scrunch occasionally while I continue to air dry. I do a spray on each section, maybe 4-6, but don't "soak" my hair as it is very thin. When it is fully dry my hair is not crunchy nor weighed down, I don't recognize how curly and separated (not frizzy) it is, and the volume is akin to magic. This comes in a large 12 oz spray bottle and I even bought the travel size of refillable 3 oz for travel and to keep in my car for a mid-day fluff-up if needed. I don't recall the prices exactly, but at Ulta the large size was under $20 and the small about $7. Amazing!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a travel size from my local beauty supply store. It smells like lavender oil and you can use it to rejuvenate second day hair. I spray some on my scalp first then apply wherever I need it. I had to use a light hand since my hair can get gunky feeling if I use too much of this. Also, it leaves my hair smelling good and soft. I would rather make this myself following the recipe from Massey's book, but this is good to keep around when I don't feel like washing my hair or just to perk up my curls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Great way to freshen up on a non-shampoo day. Mist very lightly or you may feel some "texture" especially if your hair is fine. The scent refreshes even the most stale curls. Very handy on humid days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I finally got to my wit's end when it came to blow-drying, straightening, heavy hairspray, henna, and constant hair damage...My hair was so damaged I was waking up every morning with accidental dreadlocks that stuck up straight from my head. In addition to heat styling, etc. I used to use henna to color my hair, and it took too long for me to realize the extensive, severe damaged shape it was in. (Henna is wonderful for so many people. I'm not a good example of a henna user because my hair was in bad shape when I started using henna. Plus, it took a long time to kill my curl pattern completely.) My hair didn't look like human hair anymore, and it was flat, dry, and breaking everywhere. Two years later I have almost a full head of my natural curl pattern (and much shorter hair for now), and my hair feels soft and bouncy. I owe my hair's revitalization to Curly Girl: The Handbook, by Lorraine Massey. I never wore my hair curly (on purpose) but now it's the only way I wear my hair. Whenever my hair feels dry, tangled, flat, oily...whatever...Mist-er Right instantly makes it look better and springs it into shape. I carry a bottle wherever I go, to tame the crazies and rejuvenate the calms. Also, I never believed "second-day hair" was possible for me, but it's not only possible, it's easy. Mist-er Right contains pure lavender essential oils. It smells beautiful, and it's incredibly refreshing for hair, and toning for the scalp.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No