July 26, 2014 | 1549 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Botanics Organic Face Nourishing Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used this as a tissue-off makeup remover.

This product dries out my skin, leaves my skin a little irritated and red, and does not remove all of my make-up efficiently. There is also a slight fragrance that I don't really enjoy. A lemony scent.

However, I like how the majority of the ingredients are natural, and it sort of does its basic purpose of removing most of your makeup. I've used this to try to remove off water-proof makeup though and it doesn't work. (however, albolene removes water-proof mascara) But unlike other cold-cream type of makeup removers, this does not leave a lot of that oily film/residue after removing it. and the packaging is nice since its a squeeze out bottle with a small opening on the top. This product doesn't leak out.

There are other better tissue-off/cold cream type of cleansers out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mudra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this after L'Occitane discontinued my HG cleanser, the Olive Oil Daily Face Cleanser. This is a pretty close second, but I can't seem to find it anymore and am on my last bottle. Like the L'Occitane cleanser, this is gentle, has a light and pleasant smell, and is slightly moisturizing without being so heavy that it causes me to break out. Cleansers tend to break me out if they're either too heavy, stripping or perfumed. My one complaint about this cleanser is that it might be a little TOO gentle, because it doesn't always take off my makeup very well. Overall this is a very mild cleanser that doesn't destroy my skin and the price is right. They no longer carry it at Target, where I used to buy it, so I hope I can find it somewhere else. It's not the best product I've ever tried, but it's a very serviceable, budget-friendly cleanser and is much better than a lot of other cleansers I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by oohlalaa2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser so much! My skin is sensitive, combination and acne prone, so I never would have imagined using products with oil in it, but this cleanser does the trick to keep my t-zone from becoming super oily and the rest of my skin from becoming dry and flaky. My skin has cleared up so much and I have noticed a dramatic decrease in the oil production of my skin and my normally dry patches are glowing and soft! It might seem strange if you have never used a cleanser like this but just take a leap of faith because it is truly worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by NaijaNYC

I absolutely LOVE this product! My skin has NEVER been in a better state. I use this product to remove makeup, along with a washcloth, and also as my primary facial cleanser. Dark spots have faded, my overall skin's texture is STILL improving, and my skin has never been more hydrated.
I will most DEFINITELY be purchasing this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

A simple cream cleanser for my morning routine which is exactly what I was looking for! This cleanser is lightly scented, so I can customize the scent with essential oils (I like adding a few drops of rose) and also a great cleanser for adding in some kind of granules for exfoliation. Will most likely purchase this cleanser again as itís easy to get at my local target, the price is right, and I am very satisfied with the ingredient list.
* I use cream cleansers as part of my morning routine when my face is free of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser very much. It's fairly cheap, it's got some good ingredients in it (though it could be better, the organic claim isn't that fantastic). When I use this it leaves my skin very soft, very smooth, it's easily removed but......it leaves my face red after every use which is really sad beacuse I like it so much. I'm 100 % sure this cleanser is causing me the redness, I've been using it 3 times a week (can't use it more often cause my skin gets so red) and I have tried to get used to whatever ingredient that's in the cleanser that causes my skin to go red. I bought it 1,5 months ago and I've decided I can't use it no more:(

It still deserves 4 lippies because it's a good cleanser for normal to very dry skin and I really recommend you try it even though it caused my skin to go red, perhaps my skin is very weird and everybody else's is normal. I wouldn't use it to remove eye makeup just so you know.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by sleepingbeauty617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Didn't really like this cleanser. It does not clean very thoroughly, and doesn't seem to take away makeup or anything that you put on your face very well. It is VERY moisturizing, though, and I liked that about it. It has olive oil in it and it makes your skin very smooth. I won't buy this again because I need something that actually cleanses my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me first say that this is only 80% organic, so I really don't consider it an organic product. I like the Botanics Super Face Balm and have bought that many times, but I was still a bit leary buying this, because I'm not a big Boots fan. I went to Target to get Weleda Wild Rose lotion cleanser, but they didn't have any, and I didn't feel like going across town to the Whole Foods, so I grabbed this. It was only $8.00, and it's nice. Let me explain. I'm starting Retin A again, after having had a severe bout of seborrheic dermatitis, and a few other skin ailments, that go with having SD. It's been almost 10 months since stopping Retin A so I'm going through the flakies, and red, sensitive, skin issues. My SD usually lasts over 18 months, but luckily my derm got a grip on it, a bit sooner. Maybe because I'm old, now. I don't know. Anyway, back to this cleanser. I like organic skin care. I'm older, and organic products seem to 'smooth' my skin better than traditional skin care. This doesn't smooth as well as Eminence Red Rose Cleanser, but it does have some smoothing abilities. It is very moiturising, though. No tight feeling what-so-ever, and this is coming from someone who has Retin A parched skin right now. This is an excellent cleanser for someone who has very, very, dry skin. My skin wasn't in the least bit tight, and I let my skin dry thoroughly just to see if it would be tight. No problems with breakouts, either. This doesn't foam. It's a lotion cleanser. You don't need a lot, either. It's not a 'light' lotion cleanser, or a heavy one, either. Somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't use it with a Clarisonic, though. It rinses well, but not well enough to use with a Clarisonic, if you know what I mean. It's too moisturising. This cleanser has kept me from having the 'flakies' big time. I had a few before using this, and now I have none. The best part is my skin doesn't hurt, feel, or look, sun burnt. That says a lot because I'm using .1% Retin A, and I think I should be using .05%. Starting with .1% has always been too harsh, but my skin seems to be adapting well, and I believe it's due to this cleanser, and the Super Face Balm. I would give it 5 lippies, but I'm not crazy about the olive oil smell. Olive oil is listed as the second ingredient. It doesn't linger. Also, I'm not crazy about something that's only 80% organic. To me, that's not really organic, so why bother to advertise that it's 80% organic? This is a nice cleanser. Not HG, but nice. I would buy it again, too. Why? Because there are days that I need a gentle, and nourishing cleanser, and this is both. I like it better than Weleda's Wild Rose Cleanser. Not as smoothing, but so much more gentle, and moisturising. I'm glad I tried it. I'm going to try the Rose Tonic next. Maybe I will warm up to more Boots products. For $8.00 USD this is a steal, and worth trying.