September 17, 2014 | 1866 users online

Lash Treatments - Physicians Formula - Eye Boosters 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not bad for a liquid liner. But after using the Dolly Wink liner, I felt this one to be just a lot harder to use. The brush was not as precise and a lot more flimsy, so it was a lot harder to draw a defined line. That's fine, because I've gotten used to drawing with liquid liners, but it might be difficult for people who aren't so experienced with liquid liners.

The colour is a very deep black, which is nice. It does last quite a while and doesn't smudge or transfer.

I don't know about the eyelash enhancing properties. I don't use eyeliner every single day, and I switch around with brands, so I haven't used this product consistently enough to know whether it has has any effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

After a few treatments of Latisee my eyelashes got megalong, but I unfortunately cant continue buying the stuff since it's super expensive. I purchased this on a whim since CVS had BOGO sale. After using it for several months it has kept my formerly Latisse treated lashes at the exact same lenth. I will probably use it after every two Latisse treatments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in the clear serum for about a month, twice a day, and it's definitely improved my eyelashes. There are more rows of lashes on both the top and bottom lashlines, and the lashes themselves are longer and darker. They look great with or without mascara, I'm super happy with the results.
The serum does not irritate my eyes, but I'm still careful not to get it in the corners. The brush is very easy to use. It's $11 or so full-price, but you can usually catch Physician's Formula on sale at one store or another. I'd absolutely recommend this as a lash serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by carobear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The clear serum is miraculous. I wanted something to help regrow my eyelashes after chemotherapy made them fall out. This serum unexpectedly caused me to grow about 6 or 7 rows of eyelashes on my upper lid, whereas all my life I had only had two or maybe three; and I got about four rows on the bottom whereas before I had maybe 1.5 rows. Both sets of lashes grew about 25-40% longer. I was floored, especially since I was rather hopeless that anything could even help regrow the lashes without some sort of hormone treatment. I was so floored that I asked my oncologist whether they had grown in so thick because of something she had done. She looked at them and said, "Looks like an outside job to me." I told her that I was a little worried that, because the serum was so effective, it might be dangerous (as in, causing too much growth, which is not really good for a cancer patient. But she said she had no problem with the ingredients. Then she asked me to write down the name of the product so that she could pass it on to her other patients.

I used the clear serum faithfully every night, along the base of my lower and upper lashes, and where I wanted my eyebrows (which had also fallen out during treatment) to regrow most thickly.

After about a month of this, I started to notice that when I put on mascara it looked like I was wearing false eyelashes and eyeliner. In fact when I use colored eyeliner, you almost can't see it past my upper lashes. It's ridiculous.

I bought the set of black liner plus clear serum. The black liner is super-easy to apply. I have sensitive skin and eyes, and this stuff doesn't bother them at all. The liner isn't absolutely water-proof (which is what I demand, since I wear contact lenses and live a very athletic life when I'm healthy), but if I don't swim or shower with it on it stays beautiful all day and night. If I rub my eye hard enough, it will come off, but it doesn't smudge, it's just gone. That's good! My understanding is that the black liner also boosts growth of lashes, so I'm happy to put up with slightly less durability for the extra time with serum on my lids.

When I used up the clear serum, after about 2.5 to 3 months, I started using the brush to apply cream eyeshadows as liners. It's a really fabulous brush and shows no signs of wearing out. I just wipe it off and put the cap back on it. When the black liner runs out I'll do the same with its brush.

I indicated that it is dirt cheap because I only paid $11 for the set of black and clear, and I think $5.50 for either product is a steal. Plus now I have these nice brushes to repurpose. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by giantflyingcookies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Life-changing.

I've been looking for a smudge-proof liner for years, and have all but resigned myself to its non-existence. My lids are the oiliest imaginable, and I have a habit of crinkling my eyes when laughing that makes even the most water-resistant gel or liquid liners rub off onto my undereye area. And I wasn't quite ready to sacrifice my sense of humor for flawless eye makeup.

Thankfully, this stuff stays put. No flaking, no sliding, no fading from morning to night. If this ever goes out of production I will cry and the tears will leave streaks of inferior product down my cheeks and I will never laugh again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow I really love these!! I have a black one and a brown one (black for dramatic looks and brown when I am au natural). The pens NEVER dry out. Ive had the black one for MONTHS (since december 2011) and its never dried out on me or changed consistency or anything. These have very very thin tips so its really easy to get very thin lines on your eyes which is great. They never smear or smudge or crease or anything on my eyes...although I havent noticed anything different about the whole "lash growing" stuff. This is just a great eyeliner pen over-all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Cyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After I ran out of my favorite Lorac Front of the Line liquid liner, I wanted to find a liquid liner that was similar to its fine brush tip applicator without the cost. A few people recommended me Physician's Formula, and they sure weren't wrong! This is a good dupe for Lorac's eyeliner. The packaging is similar in its sleek, metallic, and pen-like form. I find the brush tip applicator gives me very exact precision when applying the liner. The pigmentation is quite good and doesn't smudge on my lids (I have very oil lids so this made me VERY happy). PLUS it came with the rebate sticker, so I basically got this liner for free! Even better! Target usually sells it for around $10, so next time I run out I will definitely go back for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by idkmaura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I buy this at CVS when they have the $7 extrabucks when you buy $10. I work at one too so with my discount it ends up costing me just under ten bucks. I think it really works. My eyelashes don't fall out often, I have more of them and they're a bit longer. My eyelashes are naturally long so I'm most happy about having more. Plus one tube lasts forever, almost three months. I use it twice a day. I have two more tubes stashed in my cabinet for when I run out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the clear serum hoping to help my wimpy lashes. I have super fine, can't-really-see-um lashes and I find that this really helps. But it does not make them longer. If your looking for something to lengthen, keep looking. For me, this helped beef up my lashes and I find them darker and fuller and they don't fall out as much. One thing that is a major plus is that this doesn't bother my eyes, the skin around my lashes or my contact lenses. Other products I had tried either stung or made my lids itchy.

Love the liner style packaging. Goes on so easy. I buy this at CVS when they are offering $7 extra care bucks on $10. Ends up costing $4.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because it is wears like iron and never gives me raccoon eyes (it just seems to lightly flake off after 12+ hours). I thought the whole lash growth thing was hooey but it actually has improved my lashes...they look longer and a little thicker.