GVP Generic Value Products Tea Tree Cleansing Bar

on 3/23/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Meh. I don't hate it, which is about the best I can say for it. It's just very... well... generic. There's really nothing remarkable about it. It doesn't smell of TTO and it doesn't have the breakout banishing properties of it. It smells pleasantly minty, but so does my Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap and I like that a whole lot better since it's more invigorating and gets my skin cleaner (or at least it feels that way). Overall I'm just underwhelmed, but it's not a bad product, it's just not for me.

on 11/6/2014 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This soap is great and gets you really clean. I've used the real thing, too, and I can't tell the difference between this and the name brand. It's cheap, it's got some sort of little grits in it that make it good for scrubbing, and the mint feels nice in the morning.

To the reviewer below me who gave it one star for being too drying or not fulfilling her imaginary list of overly-demanding criteria - it's a bar of minty soap. Try using it to remove dirt and grease from skin in the shower and it'll work great.

on 8/31/2011 9:55:00 AM

This is GVP's version of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Body Bar. Has a nice minty scent. Label states that this will leave skin soft, smooth and clean. It is a soap-based cleanser that I found to be very drying to my skin. Has parsley flakes that are supposed to be exfoliating but do nothing. I prefer using pH balanced liquid soap-free cleansers because they do not dry out my skin.