September 17, 2014 | 475 users online

Cleansers - Christian Dior - Dior Instant Cleasing Water 200ml

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

It's a good micellair water and it does what it's supposed to - it removes make-up. It's not in any way better than any of the micellair cleansers I have tried so far (Vichy, Shiseido, RoC, La Roche Posay, Yves Rocher, Eucerin, Avene etc etc I have tried a lot and I use them daily) but the price for the Dior water is steep. I have another HE micellair water from Lancome and it's great but I purchased it at a 50% discount for a 400 ml bottle. If I see Dior on sale I'll get it but otherwise I'll just be using other cheaper versions which I think are actually better than Dior (price-quality-wise). Mind you, I only use micellair water to remove make-up then I do follow with my Clarisonic and my HG clinique liquid mild facial soap. It helps me keep my skin clean, clear and blemish-free :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by angelvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The cleansing water comes in a plastic bottle, with one of the most frustrating pumps I've ever had to use. For use with a cotton pad, you need to carefully place the cotton pad securely under the pump. I found the water sprays out in two different directions and just gets everywhere. When first wiping the regular-sized round pad on to the skin, the cleansing water gives a slight cooling effect with a lily fragrance that is not overpowering to the nose. It didn't sting my eyes, but if you have just had your eyebrows waxed or if you have any open wounds, this will hurt a little. So be careful. Also, the water leaves a sort of sticky feeling to the skin for a while, but it fades.

On the first night, I used this cleansing water for my makeup and a foam cleanser afterwards. In two applications, I was able to get rid of most of the heavy makeup and the rest while lathering my face. The next night, I used this in place of my cleanser. I had alot of makeup on from that night. I used one side of the pad to clean half of my face and the other side of the pad for the other half of my face. It got rid of the heavy part of my foundation, powder, and blush. I repeated with another application of the cleansing water to catch more makeup and dirt. It did. For quality assurance, I did one more application, and with the third one, I was able to remove everything on my face. On my eyes, I applied cotton pads with the cleansing water, gently wiggling them around so they were able to pick up most of my mascara and gel eyeliner. Then I waited a minute and wiped off carefully. I repeated the process one more time. Basically, it took three applications to remove all my makeup on my face and two for my eyes. After this process was done, I felt my skin was oily and started to break out in my T-zone. Luckily, an overnight acne treatment stopped that from happening. I'm not sure if it was a reaction to the cleansing water.

I didn't like that it took many processes to get all the makeup off. I probably was better off using it in conjunction with a cleanser. If you're a person who needs a fast and easy cleansing water to replace your face cleanser, this isn't for you. I suppose if you were wearing light amounts of makeup, just a light tinted moisturizer or just a light dusting of powder and very minimal eye makeup, you could remove everything in one application. But in my case, with concealer, foundation, light powder, and a little blush, it takes three or more applications and you are still left with some oilyness and potential breakouts. This may work better on normal to dry skin.

I haven't tried the Lancome cleansing water to compare knowing the price points and quantity is the same. I've tried Bioderma Crealine and in the past had success, but wanted to see if the Dior Instant Cleansing Water lived up to its hype. Not really. The Dior Instant Cleansing Water has a weird pump, isn't very "instant", and could leave skin reactions to combination oily to acne-prone skin. So not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Gorgeous cleanser!! Yes it's expensive, but my skin has expensive taste so what can I do? Love the lily scent, smells so fresh