July 25, 2014 | 1681 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock MAX Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by karafraser

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't keen on this mascara at all. I bought it because one of my colleagues is an Avon rep and I can never resist buying something each month (and a lot of their makeup is actually really good!),

Firstly I think the name is misleading. To me Supershock Max gives the impression that it is going to give big volumised lashes. I didn't find this at all, in fact it did very little for my lashes. I would say that it was a nice enough mascara for everyday use but it did absolutely nothing special - it wasn't particularly lengthening or volumising and definitely didn't hold a curl well. However, on a positive note, I didn't find that it smudged at all throughout the day.

I did a comparison between this and my Max Factor False Lash Effect & L'Oreal Telescopic (Avon on one eye Max Factor or L'Oreal on the other). The lashes with Max Factor or L'Oreal looked much longer and fuller. Both of these mascaras also held a curl much better than Supershock Max.

This isn't the cheapest mascara in the world and I think for the price there are much better options (the Max Factor & L'Oreal mascaras I've mentioned as well as Maybelline Cats Eyes and Maybelline The Falsies are all superior to this in my opinion).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by habana

I'm loving this mascara. The way the bristles are designed, it provides both length and volume, and separates and defines my lashes. No clumps, smudging or flaking, and despite the really large brush, I don't wind up with mascara all over my lids. I'm definitely repurchasing this when I need to replace.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by MAGF1993

I hate the wand, the normal supershock has more bristles, and this one is just bald, which makes the lashes look kind of like spider legs! But I use it with the original brush and it works perfect, it's very unexpensive, it's truly waterproof, lasts all day, and makes the lashes longer and gives a lot of volume, but it's still very natural. Love it. My favorite mascara of all times.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is good overall. The formula is very decent, creamy thick but not clumpy at all and you can take your time applying it without getting dry or clumpy although it provides good curl and volume. Does not dry fast for those who like taking time to apply their mascara. The wand is rubbery with spikes that go spiral along the wand. The tube is a bit big. I have naturally full lashes so this works perfectly for me with one coat, but as i said, it is quite buildable without getting clumpy. This is more of a voluminous mascara, so if you have short lashes, layer it with a lengthening one. Wipes easily if you get some on your lids while applying and is easy to remove with water or eye makeup remover. I have included photos above as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Waterproof version. It's fantastic! Both volume and length, not clumpy thanks to the varying lengths of bristle in the brush. Doesn't smudge even with eye cream under my eyes. Does stay waterproof (I've cried & been caught in a snowstorm while wearing it). Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not as waterproof as it claims but that's the only complain i have. I have fine and short lashes. This does a decent job after 1 coat and made my lashes very thick and longer with 2 coats. A friend even asked what mascara i used. I'm on my 3rd tube already and always buy this on sale. Worth a try, ladies ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

Great mascara! It has fine bristles that get all the I lashes and elongates the. Only problems is it drys really fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mssarebare

I really like this mascara. It adds a lot of volume without getting too clumpy and is decent at lengthening. It washes off easy yet doesn't smudge or flake. A couple of coats and it can look really good. Avon usually has some good deals on their mascaras and I would recommend giving it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try this mascara for quite a while, and finally took advantage of a buy one/get one free sale through a co-worker who sells Avon. I'm very glad that I did! From the first swipe, this mascara didn't disappoint. It went on very nicely and evenly - and even though the brush is designed to deposit a larger amount of product, the bristles were effective in evenly distributing it over my lashes without clumps. I found it to be very volumizing (which is exactly what I was looking for), and lengthened very nicely too. My lashes do not feel "hard", if you know what I mean. In the summer heat it did not smudge or flake, and I do have oily skin. With one coat, the end result was a very pretty, very black fringe of lashes. Also, I have very sensitive eyes, and this hasn't made them irritated or watery at all. I normally use Cover Girl's LashBlast with great results - but I think I've found my new HG mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find this a bit disappointing compared to the original formula - Avon Supershock. I find this formula a little too thick and the brush isn't as good. I use it with my old regular Supershock brush and it's still pretty good....but I wish I could still get regular Supershock - seems to have been discontinued.

I said that I will repurchase, but only because I can't get my beloved original Avon Supershock, and I haven't found anything better yet.