Avon SuperShock MAX Mascara

3.3

Not as beloved to me as the original Super Shock which is almost a HG ..It's good but I expected it to be much better if compared to the original one .. It defines , separates , lengthens , and gives the dramatic "falsie " look with the second coat but , I felt there was something missing ..Maybe the formula is a little bit drier compared to the perfect formula of the original one..but still good and it never smears or smudges .May not buy it again though.

on 11/27/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It's great for everyday wear, and has never let me down. Super Shock Max has a good consistency, making it devoid of clump catastrophes and the brush keeps the mascara from going on your eye lids. This stays on for a long time and is honestly my go-to.

on 5/23/2014 6:13:00 AM

I wasn't keen on this mascara at all. I bought it because one of my colleagues is an Avon rep and I can never resist buying something each month (and a lot of their makeup is actually really good!),

Firstly I think the name is misleading. To me Supershock Max gives the impression that it is going to give big volumised lashes. I didn't find this at all, in fact it did very little for my lashes. I would say that it was a nice enough mascara for everyday use but it did absolutely nothing special - it wasn't particularly lengthening or volumising and definitely didn't hold a curl well. However, on a positive note, I didn't find that it smudged at all throughout the day.

I did a comparison between this and my Max Factor False Lash Effect & L'Oreal Telescopic (Avon on one eye Max Factor or L'Oreal on the other). The lashes with Max Factor or L'Oreal looked much longer and fuller. Both of these mascaras also held a curl much better than Supershock Max.

This isn't the cheapest mascara in the world and I think for the price there are much better options (the Max Factor & L'Oreal mascaras I've mentioned as well as Maybelline Cats Eyes and Maybelline The Falsies are all superior to this in my opinion).

on 4/4/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm loving this mascara. The way the bristles are designed, it provides both length and volume, and separates and defines my lashes. No clumps, smudging or flaking, and despite the really large brush, I don't wind up with mascara all over my lids. I'm definitely repurchasing this when I need to replace.

on 2/17/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate the wand, the normal supershock has more bristles, and this one is just bald, which makes the lashes look kind of like spider legs! But I use it with the original brush and it works perfect, it's very unexpensive, it's truly waterproof, lasts all day, and makes the lashes longer and gives a lot of volume, but it's still very natural. Love it. My favorite mascara of all times.

on 1/22/2014 11:34:00 AM

This mascara is good overall. The formula is very decent, creamy thick but not clumpy at all and you can take your time applying it without getting dry or clumpy although it provides good curl and volume. Does not dry fast for those who like taking time to apply their mascara. The wand is rubbery with spikes that go spiral along the wand. The tube is a bit big. I have naturally full lashes so this works perfectly for me with one coat, but as i said, it is quite buildable without getting clumpy. This is more of a voluminous mascara, so if you have short lashes, layer it with a lengthening one. Wipes easily if you get some on your lids while applying and is easy to remove with water or eye makeup remover. I have included photos above as well.

on 12/14/2013 8:00:00 PM

Waterproof version. It's fantastic! Both volume and length, not clumpy thanks to the varying lengths of bristle in the brush. Doesn't smudge even with eye cream under my eyes. Does stay waterproof (I've cried & been caught in a snowstorm while wearing it). Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/14/2013 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is not as waterproof as it claims but that's the only complain i have. I have fine and short lashes. This does a decent job after 1 coat and made my lashes very thick and longer with 2 coats. A friend even asked what mascara i used. I'm on my 3rd tube already and always buy this on sale. Worth a try, ladies ;)

on 7/11/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Great mascara! It has fine bristles that get all the I lashes and elongates the. Only problems is it drys really fast.

on 7/5/2013 2:32:00 PM

I really like this mascara. It adds a lot of volume without getting too clumpy and is decent at lengthening. It washes off easy yet doesn't smudge or flake. A couple of coats and it can look really good. Avon usually has some good deals on their mascaras and I would recommend giving it a shot.

Popular Mascaras