July 29, 2014 | 1924 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Dazzling Darling EDT by Kylie Minogue

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by graciezac

While I really like the smell, it's light and not over powering it just doesn't last. I'm not sure if it's because it's the cheapest perfume I've bought in awhile but as the other review says you are continuously reapplying it. Nice smell - just no staying power.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

On first application the fragrance is all about the pepper, which lightly heats things up and gives the perfume a sharp, spicy bite [if this effect didn't die down almost immediately I'd be following the review opening with loads of gushing praise]. There's also a light, sweet jammy note that I'm guessing is the acai berry, but it doesn't smell like acai at all to me and it doesn't last long enough to place.

We quickly move on to the floral notes; they are at the usual Coty/Kylie Minogue standard of watery and undeveloped. I can pick up on a hint of rose, whilst everything else is lost in a undefinable mush. I like rose, but as that's the only note to stand out it falls on the dull side.

The base is the biggest letdown for me as it's once again just the standard Coty/Kylie Minogue sandalwood and a breeze of musk mix. They've flogged the whole musk/sandalwood base to death, reanimated it and then beat it down all over again. Surely it's tie to branch out a bit?

Official scent notes; Red pepper, acai berry, violet, rose, passion flower, orris root, sandalwood, cashmere and musk.

We all know what's coming next; this is a Kylie/Coty collaboration, so it's no surprise that the staying power is poor - but this is the worst one yet by far and wears as through it were a body spray. Honestly, the fragrance burns down within an hour [and don't think that I'm exaggerating]. My bottle is only a few weeks old, but is over half empty as you have to more or less bathe in it to smell anything.

It's only a short review as there's not much of use to say for DAZZLING DARLING - it's all over so quickly and I feel as though I'm just repeating myself when it comes to the Coty/Kylie Minogue range. Kylie's people say that this took over a year to develop, but I'm having trouble believing that, since all of her fragrance releases all seem to follow the same old blueprint: a mix of fruit, underdeveloped florals and a musk infused base and are designed to be generically pleasant, instead of anyone attempting to be different. I think that DAZZLING DARLING smells similar to Pop Pink Sparkle, but Pop Pink Sparkle is better overall - and I didn't love that release either.

I'll continue to use this bottle happily enough as it's only small and easy to cart around for touch ups, but DAZZLING DARLING is not something I'd recommend, as it is just like every other generic fragrance out there and has appalling staying power, so is not worth the RRP - I got my bottle for half price online and I still feel that I paid too much.