January 28, 2015 | 960 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 12:05:00 PM More reviews by soph7890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a massive MAC fanatic, loving so many products by them. So foundation is no exception! This was the third MAC foundation I had tried, and although it is not the best, it has its merits. The finish is very matte. Extremely matte, even more so than the studio fix fluid, which sets more dewy. The matchmaster however is matte, but sets with a subtle glow if that makes sense. Being an oily skinned gal, I loved this. Although some gripes were that it would really accentuate any dry patches on my face and it was not very buildable. This bothered me. One-two pumps was enough to even out my skin tone but that was it, it wouldn't build any further to cover my acne scarring. The formula was almost translucent in a way, covering but still letting the skin peek through. The matte formula meant it was fairly long lasting, although eventually my natural oil did break through, as it is so darn relentless! Jeez! What's a girl to do eh?

I do recommend this foundation for fellow oily skinned girls, or normal skins, dry skins maybe treat with caution as it could further dehydrate your skin.

That's all from me on this one, please check out my other reviews if you want! And let me know if this was helpful!
Happy make-up hunting :0)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 7:43:00 AM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Matchmaster doesn't match! There is a big leap between 1:0 and 1:5. I am arround nc15 now and 1:0 is a bit Light while 1:5 is super dark. Even the Sales assistant said there wasn,t a color for me. Great texture and finish though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 5:09:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRichards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just finished my first bottle of this product. I really love this foundation! The finish is perfectly matte, something that I really like. I hate to look greasy. The only problem I had with it initially was feeling like I didn't have enough time to apply it well because it does dry quickly. I use a primer with it and have no complaints! That's why I gave the four stars. If you have dry skin you should definitely moisturize and prime your skin before putting this on but to me it is worth it because it is beautiful! Great medium coverage and it stays put! No real need to set your foundation. I love the packaging and the matte pump is very attractive to me. Makes application so easy! I always used it with a 130 MAC brush. The price is a bit high, I'm assuming its more than studio fix just because of the packaging. But I love it! I wear MAC Match Master shade 1.0, and I just bought Studio Fix Fluid to try something new and I wear a shade NW13 in that.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2015 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Holmquist81

I have a bone to pick with this foundation. Initially I was in love with it. I think it sits pretty well on the skin and matches my skin color perfectly in a matter of minutes. It also doesn't dry too slowly or too quickly so there is time to blend it well.

Now. Normally, I have almost perfect skin with the occasional blemish here and there. After using this foundation for literally two weeks, my face COMPLETELY BROKE OUT everywhere that was remotely possible to have acne. This is the worst breakout I have had in the last four years, and probably ever. I immediately stopped using the foundation and returned to a drugstore brand I have been using for two years. My face looked 15% better within two days. Three days later and it is almost healing and returning to normal.

I don't know if I had an allergic reaction to something in Matchmaster or exactly what happened but I will never purchase or use MAC foundation again.
I hate to say this because I am a HUGE advocate for all things MAC. In fact, MAC makes up more than half of my make-up collection. Apparently the foundations will not be apart of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mamelovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never been a Mac girl because I have an acne prone skin n Mac foundations are known to cause breakout. This foundation is my HG foundation and am loving it. It's has not caused me any breakouts and it's feels light on the skin. The colour match is fantastic and its photographs well. I apply this foundation with real technique expert brush and set it with studio fix foundation powder and the result is awesome. I have few acne scars on my face but this foundation makes my face very flawless. I think this foundation is not matte and is not too dewy. It more in between.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Nathalie24

My new holy grail foundation for ages I was using drugstore foundation and always turned out looking orange but no more the lady in the store was reallly nice and matched me straight away. It bones amazingly so can be put on really well and fast. It lasts all day with or without my primer. Just looks lisle you have amazing skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Lorinaytar

I'm from middle east but have super duper fair skin! And this foundation in the color 1.5 is perfect for my skin tone. It have a lighter shade but that was like a white base basically. I have oily skin but this foundation works really good for me. I don't like the super matte look, but this gives a little glow and make your skin looks flawless. I always have get compliments when I wear this with welldressed blush, nc15 prolongwear concealer and little bit of impassioned on lips, it makes your fair skin look and my skin is not perfect I have a ton of acne scars. Anyway I love this foundation and recommend it to everyone that is fair, has oily and sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tildabauer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation didn't look very flattering on my face after a couple of hours. I'm very pale so i got the 1.0, and the shade is almost spot on. I feel like this foundation is not moisturizing at all, wich makes me unable to use it during the winter time. After a few hours it flaked a bit on the area around my nose, chin and forehead and looked dry and patchy. For the price, it's not worth the struggle of mixing with other moisturizers, creams, primers etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Ingriedche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to wear BB cream 79 hot pink. I thought it was best for me until I found this foundation. matte finish, medium coverage, long lasting n perfectly match colour to my unusual skin tone which is yellow but very fair (I wear the 1.5). Yes, it accentuates dried skins, but it gets better awhile after I put it on. Yes, it oxidises, but just a little bittle. The oxidise makes my complexion looks healthier instead. yes, it has quiet strong smell, but with all those benefits above, I don't care! !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by jessicag120

this is a really good foundation fits any type of skin type. good coverage i have been using for 3 years and i love it ! better then all of the other types in my opinion.