December 20, 2014 | 763 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Katylee812

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!
I seriously don't know how I have ever lived without this foundation! I've been using maybellines dream mousse for, pretty much ever. I decided to go to MAC and have a lady find me foundation that actually matched my face for once! and I have found my holy grail! I use it with the kabuki 130 brush (waaay, way, way expensive, bought it for $42.. FOR A BRUSH!) but seriously worth the money! this foundation stays on literally all day and night! I never have to touch up AT ALL! I can't say enough good things about this foundation. my face looks absolutely airbrushed and flawless!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: 3.0 (NC37 for reference)
APPLICATION METHOD: flat-top kabuki (with F&B as a base) or sponge

PROS

- oil control
- long wearing
- packaging
- easy to blend
- medium coverage
- little goes a long way
- does not settle into fine lines

CONS

- accentuates dry spots
- too matte
- oxidizes
- price

COMMENTS: This is great for oily skin as it has a matte finish and is more of a "dry" foundation. My skin feels a little tight after applying this (with a brush). Use a sponge if you encounter this issue or wear on top of their F&B foundation. It is very easy to blend, though and long wearing. Coverage is a solid medium. Although I love the oil control, I do find the finish to be too matte for my liking. My skin looks dry, which I don't care for and it will cling to dry spots. This is why I love wearing it on top of their F&B foundation because it becomes more forgiving on my dry areas and makes it easy to wear in cooler weather. It also softens the matte finish, making it look more natural and also making it waterproof. As for the shade, 3.0 was initially too light for me. This does oxidize a little, though. I am an NC37 in Studio Fix Fluid for reference and 3.0 is perfect for me. Overall, a nice foundation for oily skin. I do suggest you use a sponge or like I said, on top of their Face & Body foundation to prevent that dry look.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nkoriedem

The Matchmaster foundation is simply gorgeous on me. Before this, I was a drugstore foundation girl but when I tried it on at the MAC store randomly, I knew I had to get it. It suits my skin color perfectly and its not too matte, ie it has a natural finish. I dont really have blemishes and all that so a little goes a long way for me and this in turn means that i can use it for a long time which is worth the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Chaneliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally I have found my Holy Grail of foundations! I have normal/dry skin and the shade 1.5 is a perfect match. It is easy to blend out and makes my skin so silky. It has medium coverage, as I have clear skin I only use a tiny bit of it and blend it out just to even out my skintone and hide the redness. It has a matte finish which lasts for me the whole day ( I always set it with a transparent powder). It does not dry out my skin, however I always hydrate it with mineralize charged water spray and gel cream before I apply the foundation. I am in love with this product, obviously it's not for every skintype, but for me, this is the one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in #9. It's a tad bit on the red side but I like it. I'm not sure I would re-purchase it though. I don't feel anything is that special about it to warrant the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by GAAB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking forward to trying out this foundation.... I went to Macy's to be matched. I was a 3 according to the SA but I asked for a trial size of the 4 also.. In the morning I tried on the 3. It was a decent match but I hated it the moment to put it on my face. It was much too matte for me. It looked drab like I do with most matte foundations...I will stick to BBs, CCs and TMs.... Depending on the needs of my skin. As I age foundation has become my enemy. This one did not have a lot of coverage but that is what I wanted. The heavier the coverage, the older I look! Oh well... Another one bites the dust!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Nasrina95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin, if I dont drink enough water my cheeks will be flaking the next day everywhere with that ashy look! Not cute, I always go for a foundation that gives more of a dewy look & glow. I was at a the mall one day, and the makeup artist recommended me to use Matchmaster. Before i even told her my skin complications, btw i'm only 20 but dry skin is a issue for me I don't want my makeup to stick to my flakes or take the moisture out of my skin & make me look older than i really am. Anyways, i decided to just try the foundation & i'm glad i did!!! Beautiful coverage, dosn't stick to any dry flakes, but i would suggest you moisturize first before apply this. It gives my skin a glow but at the same time its not really dewy more like a semi matte type of glow without over drying the skin. But it doesn't cover really dark hyper pigmentation, deff not full coverage more medium but trusstt me it really does make your face look stunninggg. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have extreme combination skin, and this foundation was recommended to me. I decided to try it since I'm a big fan of the Face & Body. Well, I'm not a fan of this one. I got it in 1.0, which I'm actually not sure is a good match. Some days I thought it was, some days, it appeared too light. Even after I made sure to exfoliate dry patches and moisturize carefully, this clung to dry patches, accentuated my pores and did not control oil at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by skschmidt4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had my engagement photo makeup done by the MAC counter at my local mall last spring. The only MAC products I had ever bought before were random eye shadow pots every once in a while, and I have always been one of those people that says "Oh, that's too expensive for makeup! I can just go to the drugstore and get the same thing!" Well...I have been converted. The incredibly talented makeup artist finished my face and asked what I would like to buy - I went in planning to buy just a tube of lipstick or something small - and walked out with like 5 things, one of which being this foundation. It is AMAZING. It goes on perfectly smooth, isn't oily, matches my skin tone better than any foundation I have ever used, and a little goes a LONG way, so you really get many, many applications out of the bottle, which helps with the expense (in my opinion). I will literally use this until they discontinue it, or I die!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Cara8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the coverage this foundation gives, especially for my dark skin.