August 30, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! The only foundation I've tried that I really, really like! I've tried them all. Probably my 2nd best MAC foundation would have to be Studio Tech....but that's more of a "winter" foundation for me. With MAC's Matchmaster, I can use it any time of the year. For reference, I am an NW15-20 and the 1.5 matches me.

I do use a primer before this (my HG primer is Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre Foundation Primer) and the effect on me is beautiful, flawless skin which lasts for ages.

I couldn't ask for more, really.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Seemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This so called great foundation plays havoc with my poor face!!!! It breaks me out in red blotchy spots especially on my nose area. It emphasises my pores leaves an oil slick on my t-zone it's horrible. I think I may be allergic to crappy mac foundations. To add insult to injury it only lasts around 2 hours on my face before it starts breaking down. I have half a bottle left and that's heading for the bin, enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by JustStef

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing MAC's Matchmaster foundation in an 8.0 for about 2 years know, and I can never imagine buying any other foundation ever again. I love it because it provides excellent coverage without me using concealer, and if I don't want to I don't have to wear powder. This foundation provides a nice natural finish, and you can't believe how many compliments I get on how beautiful my skin is when wearing it. I would recommend this foundation to anyone that wants a flawless, natural finish that lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation. If mac ever discontinued or reformulates I will be devastated and I don't mean that lightly.

As my skin changed in my mid 20s I searched literally EVERYWHERE for a foundation that was for oily skin, didn't emphasize pores or fine lines, matched my skin tone, lasted on my skin and did not require a primer to not look like crap.

I've tried them all- every bobbi brown foundation, every mac foundation, mufe hd, all the smashbox base products, everything from revlon, UD naked skin, chanel cc cream... Just to name a very select few.. Long story longer I looked everywhere.

Matchmaster is the best foundation I've ever owned in my life

Pros:
Color match is perfect. NO line between my face and neck

Perfect medium coverage. Blemishes and redness is gone but my skin is still my own

No flashback in photos

Generous amount of product

Nice packaging

Does not seep into my lines or pores AT ALL

Weightless feel

Keeps my oily at bay without giving an unflattering powder finish (a la mac studio fix)

Does not oxidize

I can apply with fingers and *still* have a flawless airbrushed look

Honestly the pros go on and on with this one and the cons-- none.

I am so in love with this.

Please please please mac don't ever discontinue this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ablakel1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this prodct!! I recently switched from Studio Sculpt (too oily for me) and love it! I have oily skin and spent hours reading reviews on this product until i finally decided to buy.

It controls my shine & stays in place and doesnt smear over everything like Sculpt did. I am a 7.5 and my skin looks perfectly smooth and airbrushed each time i wear it. I was nervous about the demi-matte description but i am so happy with my choice. This will be my permanent foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by kashanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a lighter coverage foundation for the summer, I usually use SFF, went to my local MAC counter and the girl suggested this. I explained I am a NC 50 yet she gave me 8.5 which was too dark and too red I exchanged after some research to 7.5, which was perfect.

I love the fact it has a pump included and the natural demi matte finish. The oil control was great I use a primer and a powder of course however this did not slid off my face even aftetr being in 90 degree humid weather.

I apply with a stippling brush then blended to perfection with a beauty blender. One and a half pumps was more that enough for my face and the coverage is buildable.

Overal I would buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Jen9576

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff!!! I have large pores on my nose and an oily t-zone! This foundation makes my skin look smooth and even! It keeps my tzone matte for a good 5 hrs! I like the pump feature...one pump is all i need for my whole face. Also, Love that it has SPF in it too! But I try not to use this foundation when i know i am going to be taking flash pics due to the SPF in it; just to be on the safe side. I do like that it is buildable as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jenniferluevano

I have been using the product for a while now and I love it! I had been looking for foundation that would do me justice after using several drugstore foundations. I went into MAC for a makeover and I knew I could trust them on which foundation would fit me best. After I purchased the product, I only had to apply ONE pump, ONE! That makes every cent even more valuable. It blended into my skin magically. It gave me an airbrushed look using a stiffling type brush. The finish was matte which is amazing for my oily skin. I love it and would definitely buy again!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by sluhxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation to give me a really good coverage. I wear a shade 5.0. The only downside is that it made my skin very dry! Also when half the product is used up, the pump doesn't seem to get any product out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by solidcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am very pale, NC15 according to MAC SAs and have a hard time getting foundations. They hooked me up with Matchmaster in 1.0. I took it home, and although I loved how it seemed to blend to my skin tone (that never happens) I found it went on kind of dry and cakey. I had to really work at blending it in. I switched to a Dior primer the same day, and thought maybe that was doing it, but decided to ride them both out.

A few days of the Matchmaster, I start breaking out.. bad. THAT never happens. I blamed the new primer I was using and went back to my usual one. I also picked up another bottle of Matchmaster in 1.0 because I LOVED the skin tone match.. I was desperate for this to be the answer.

The breakouts didn't stop. I switched moisturizers and primers numerous time, but kept using Matchmaster refusing to believe I was having a bad experience with a MAC product because I can be a MAC snob.

I was under a lot of stress so I blamed my new acne on that. I went through the whole bottle of Matchmaster and started into the new one when my boyfriend even commented on my skin. I have never had breakouts so bad. Huge sore pimples.. when he brought it up it was like a slap in the face. I immediately went to the drug store and grabbed a couple different cheapies.. almost overnight the breakouts began go away.

I've been off it for a week and my skin is starting to get better. Matchmaster gives you that tight faced feeling.. I hate that. Not for me at all.So sad it didn't work.