MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I really do hate foundations cos I fear breakout n the time u waste in cleaning them of ur face
But the matchmaster was fun
The smell isn't bad n it was easy to apply
I really enjoyed the foundation...people kept tellin my face looked good...until a month later I got dis break out...it soo bad I can't even look at myself in the mirror..maybe it will wrk for others not me...thinking since it was expensive it will work better

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation has amazing finish it's not matte but also not glowy. Perfect for everyday usage. if you're very dry you should use hydrating primer underneath, if you're very oily then use mattifying one. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation. Everything was fine until i remove my makeup and go to sleep... it did broke me out so bad!!! i got new acnes on my cheeks and my forehead so i could't use it again.. If you have sensitive/acne-prone skin stay away from this foundation!

I'll keep it short and simple.

Pros:
Love this foundation because it fits your skin color on the dot, and that's been a big problem for me. It's great coverage, very buildable, and my face if good with just one pump. Bonus: Great packaging, love foundation with a pump, less mess.

Cons:
After a long day of sweating or going out, the foundation starts to break down but only a little bit, noticeable if you're looking very closely at your face. But this could be fixed with a light layer of a pressed powder or loose powder foundation/loose powder. And it's a little expensive, must be willing to pay $40. But a little goes a loooong way. My favorite foundation so far.

Preference: Mac match master: Shade 3
Mac studio fix: NC40
Type os skin: Dry but oily T zone

Worst product I have ever brought!
I was so excited to get my make up done by a MAC professional only to be highly let down, embarrassed and poor. Long stort short... I walked out of their shop looking like a four year old had just done my make up.

Pros: ... if you had really oily skin this product may work for you.

Cons: - Cakes very fast!
- Clings to dry patches something horrific.
- Smells like house paint
- Not good for anyone who has dry skin
- Leaves a powdery residue all over that doesnt look great.
- Doesnt cover redness well
- Super expensive!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am almost out of my first bottle of this stuff and have already purchased a new one for when I run out! This is one of my top foundations for combo to oily skin. I do get pretty oily throughout the day, and have found only a few foundations that can keep my oils at bay (Covergirl Stay Fabulous, L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte) but I still do get dry patches pretty often. I will say that this does cling to dry patches a bit, but isn't that big of a deal. Exfoliating before hand, moisturizing properly, and applying with a beauty blender will help out a lot! Overall I absolutely love this foundation for everyday use, as it feels nice on the skin, looks nice, has a beautiful medium but buildable coverage and controls my oils pretty nicely through a typical school day or shift at work. Wouldn't recommend it for super dry skin or super oily skin, but it would be good for anything in between. Many MUA's on yt also say that this is one of MAC's best foundations that they offer and I would have to agree! That being said, it is on the pricer side, but it does come with a pump and has a little more product it in than most foundations have (Most foundations come with 1 fl. oz while the Matchmaster comes with 1.2 fl. oz). Love it!!

This is the best liquid foundation I have ever used. I have been using it for almost two years and I woudn't buy anything else. It is very light and you do not need to use a lot for it to cover up redness. It seems pricey, however, it lasts me at least six months even when I use it every day.

DON'T buy this!!! I had never tried a mac foundation and i was recommended to buy this and gave it a go. This is my third wearing the foundation and my skin has broken out like crazy everywhere!! I know my skin and it does not break out and now im covered with acne specially on my forehead!! HORRIBLE PRODUCT!! And it looks so patchy!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This MAC foundation is the worst! i have studio sculpt in NC20 and its fantastic, unlike this. no exaggeration it smells like house paint and its not just when applying it i can smell it on my face all day long. when i went to apply my under eye concealer the foundation slipped straight off. i would not recommend this product. Mac have fantastic cosmetics unfortunately this is not one of them. my personal favs are estee lauder double wear and covergirl 3 in 1 as an everyday.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This was the first foundation that I had ever bought and it was my go-to for a long time. I'm in shade 7.0 and for a make up novice like myself, it was fool-proof. 2 pumps, apply and you're done.

Fast forward to now, I put Matchmaster on the back burner and switch between NARS sheer glow and Estée Lauder's Doublewear and decided that I will begin to use Matchmaster for the weekdays as my foundation of choice for work.

I wore it for one day and completely regretted it.
I followed my steps as normal but for some reason, this foundation went tits up. Soon after applying, my face became so oily I couldn't believe it. My foundation was slipping off my face by the minute. Attempted to set my face with MSF - this did nothing!
By midday, it had clung to dry bits of skin around my nose and I was so surprised because my NARS or Estée Lauder had NEVER done that.

I (semi) liked the light coverage and the shade (semi) matches my skin.

I guess I didn't realise how bad this foundation was because I was new to make up at the time.

Back to the bottom drawer it goes!

This stuff is amazing. I put my make up on at about 7AM. I get off work at 5 and go to the gym. I play basketball at the gym, get in the sauna, and do other things to work up a good sweat. This foundation lasts me through all that. It's almost too good, as sometimes I have to really scrub it off with my Clarisonic. If I had to list any pro it would be that sometimes I have to mix colors. I cannot even say that is a legitimate complaint because the color range is so wide that it's probably just me and my weird complexion thats really the problem.

As far as how it wears...I have oily skin. I get oily throughout the day in my t-zone. When I do get oily, my skin doesn't get greasy with this stuff. Instead it gets dewey, which I love. But it doesn't make me look so dewey that I look like a disco ball.