November 23, 2014 | 2147 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear in Made for Mocha

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a contour shade. It has a hint of gray and with a light hand, this shade can look flawless when used as a contour for darker skin tones. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by anela07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this to replace the darkest colour in the Natural Smokes quad, which I use as a liner and for my brows. It's a bit lighter brown than the quad colour, but I like that better! It's great on my brows and to line my lower lashes - I will definitely buy it again when I need more, if it's still available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had run out of my favorite brow powder and decided to look for a replacement. This shade is perfect and matches my brows really well. It also holds up all day and blends great. No complaints and I'm tempted to get a backup.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by merin44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty good eyeshadow. It's the darkest brown I found at the time out of all of Maybelline's eyeshadows. It's also my first eyeshadow from Maybelline. It doesnt compare to MAC's eyeshadow but it does a great job and has a pretty good color pay off. For me personally I didnt get any creasing and the color seemed to last throughout the day. I did pack a bunch on when i first applied it so maybe that's why the color didn't fade but who knows. I would buy this again just because its cheap and works for me. I bought this at Target for I think $3.50-$4.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl01

I use this as liner. I love it! I use it with elfs primer and sealer (one in the black tube). I put this on with the sealer side and it makes a great dark brown liquid eyeliner! Only downside is that it is not that good as just an eyeshadow as you can not really blend it out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This product SUCKS! SUCKS!!! Maybe I got a bad one, but for a dark brown, there is almost no pigmentation, and it's chalky, uneven... just BLAH! what a waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the only matte dark brown I could find at the drugstore at the time I went looking. That alone made it worth purchasing.

It looks darker in the pan than it goes on in my opinion and I am quite pale. I do like it for more natural looks or a softer smokey eye however. I think I would call it a medium brown.

It goes on okay, nothing exceptionally good or bad to say about it there. It is not as velvety as some of my higher quality shadows, but the the texture is a lot better/smoother than most of my other drugstore/novelty shadows.

I mainly use it to fill in my brows (which are very dark). For some reason it seems to look darker in my brows than it looks on my lids which I find a little odd, but it is what it is, I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kace1396

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale, so I only payed $1 for it. It appears to be your basic brown with a matte finish. I used this particular shade in my crease It is very pigmented when you first put it on, but it blends out much more sheer. And it is VERY difficult to blend out. It takes some serious effort to keep it from looking over-defined and cartoonish. The application is almost patchy, where the color just won't apply to some spots and will be super dark in others. I wasn't really expecting much from it to begin with, but I'm glad I got it so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I love this color. It seems kind of boring in the package, but I love how it's a dark brown with a plum hue to it. I am a shimmer girl, myself, but any time I have worn this alone (on the lid and in the crease) I find myself thinking my eyes look really pretty. Very flattering to brown eyes and not boring at all! I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: pigmented, lasts

Cons: none

Comments: Great color - it's a nice, deep brown with no red undertones. It's perfect for a smokey eye, but I love using this to fill in my brows.

Will repurchase.