April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Iris Night Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using this along with the Iris day cream for a few months, as I had had success with Weleda's Almond line and I thought this would be a richer, but still very gentle option. I was very mistaken. This has a lot of irritating ingredients that no one with sensitive skin should ever use, but it should probably be avoided in general. It did a fine job making my skin feel smooth, except for the very red, inflamed blemishes that it turns out were this product's fault. As I wrote in my review for the day cream, I actually thought I was developing rosacea! I've started using actual, natural oils for moisturizing now and my skin is back on its way to being clear (both in terms of acne and redness). This is probably the worst product I've ever tried on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MissK4012

I received a large sample of this as well as the iris day cream and only tried it for a couple of days.

If you are not prone to clogs/breakouts from comedogenic ingredients, this may be a good moisturizer for you. I used both JUST around my eyes and ended up with small eyelid pimples after 2 days. I knew I was easily broken out by some of the ingredients, so that's not really the products' fault, but I have NEVER broken out on my eyelids before.

Another con for me is the EXTREMELY strong fragrance. My eyes watered applying it and it really doesn't fade much. I don't mind fragrance in some products, but a facial moisturizer really doesn't need to smell like I've applied too much perfume, IMO. Again, if you enjoy and are not sensitive to highly scented stuff, you may like it.

BOTTOM LINE: Would not pay for this and will use up my samples by stealing another reviewer's idea: foot lotion. It seems like it will be great for feet (but even if it is, the price is far too high for a foot cream!).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by alinaschuster

I don't like it. It reminds old Soviet creams in tubes, but 20 times more expensive (may be to be organic means to be 50 years late with technology?) . As the previous reviewer has written, it could probably be suited for dry skin, however, this is not mentioned on the package. I'm going to use it as a hand cream. But for that price (it was 6 euros for 30 ml, which was half-price on sale) you can buy two 250 ml blue cans of nivea, which is approximately the same same quality and has no annoying smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by nd1282

An emollient cream best suited for drier skin types.

Absorbs well and gives your skin a silky feel.

I am using it as a foot cream as it is too rich for my combo skin.
It works splendidly on dry patches of skin- elbows, knees, etc. .

Smells very strongly of irises, I would not recommend this for anyone who is sensitive to scents. I took off a star due to it's strong scent.

That is all.