September 14, 2014 | 2098 users online

Styling Products - So Gorgeous Volumizing Root Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by carolmaria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Haven't reviewed a product in ages but am coming out of the woodwork for this one. Change of life and major stress led to some pretty significant thinning of my already fine hair. Just starting to recover. I also use the Aveda Volumizing Tonic and Toppik for the bare spots, but needed something with more oomph to build body and protect.

While at Sally's, I asked the girl there what would best help hair like mine, and she showed me this mousse. Wasn't too keen on the big red can and the smell (though it dissipates), but this *really* adds clean volume - love it so far. I may edit a bit later!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was pretty simple to use and actually worked for my fine, but thick hair. Shake it the can, it comes out as a mousse into the palm of my hand, I spread the mousse wherever I need it, and my hair is instantly "higher" or more "volumized" in areas. The smell is pleasant too. The large can lasts a pretty long time, depending on how much you use. I get it at Sally's and if you buy it when they have specials, you can get a good deal. It doesn't destroy my hair at all, leaving it it easy to comb or brush through at night. Washes out easily, too. Doesn't make hair stiff at all, like some root products do. Have to say if I want a product to make my hair stand a bit higher, this is the one I reach for, because it seems so natural, soft and clean-like. If you like a softer look that still holds, this would be the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

Oh my gosh. This product is my new secret weapon!! I use it in my bangs to give them a pretty swoop and it's amazing!! I notice a HUGE difference when I don't use it; my hair lays completely flat. I have absolutely zero complaints about this so far! It's cheap, smells decent, and works like a charm! I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product works great, gives loads of volume. However, I seem to be highly allergic to it. It made my usually healthy scalp turn into a mess of little sores and flakes. I am still healing from using this product. I gave it a 4 as far as volume, but obviously would not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is Sally Beauty's knock off of Big Sexy mousse. I picked up the travel size and really liked it for my fine, dry hair. It does help to give me volume and lift. It has a candy smell, like sweet tarts which does not linger. After using this, I decided to try the Big Sexy mousse, which stinks and left my hair feeling greasy from the heavy silicones in it. The ingredients in So Gorgeous and Big Sexy are completely different. I just purchased the full size So Gorgeous on sale at Sally's.