Maybelline Colossal Kajal

3.6

on 7/16/2015 5:34:00 AM

This is a wonderful budget eyeliner, the best I've come across, my HG. The one I have is a black pencil with a yellow cap, it says 'Colossal Kajal' and '12H Extra Black' on the pencil (I have added a photo above). It arrived in the Middle Eastern market sometime early last year. It's very black indeed, glides on nicely, and I just LOVE the twist packaging. I love not having to sharpen it! I hate sharpening and I hate it when eyepencils get too short to use comfortably, product just ends up getting wasted. Anyway, this stuff lasts all day with very minimal smudging (the Colossal mascara, however is a different story, I hate it, so I'm surprised that the eyeliner is this fantastic).No complaints. I don't need to waste my money on 'Lancome's Le Crayon Kohl' or 'Bourjois Contour Clubbing waterproof eyeliner' (I was using those before getting this cheapie). I use it for tightlining my upper lids and it works very nicely, barely smudging into my lower waterline where I like to use white eyeliner (the Lancome and Bourjois liners I had used to smudge like crazy when I tried to do that with them). I have repurchased this product twice and will continue to do so. The product lasts close to 6 months with almost daily wear and costs less than US$6 where I live.

One important tip: Never forget to re-cap your eyeliner after application, one time I had left it un-capped in my haste, and when I got back, it had dried up. I purchased another one (taking care to keep it capped after use), and the formula stayed smooth until I ran out.

on 8/13/2014 6:14:00 AM

Its fully waste of your money.... its not so dark as they show in advertisement and the lead inside pencil is very short which is can be broken easily... moreover v cant apply so easily on outline of eyes... it is very dry and simply u all will waste money if u spend on this product... but packing is very gud....finally dabba eyeliner gals...

on 8/13/2014 3:48:00 AM

I love this eyeliner! 1. It's cheap 2. It doesn't smudge even when tight lining and water lining my eyes 3. It lasts all day 4. It's a retractable pencil (always a plus for me) 5. It's yellow so it's easy to spot! I just love this eyeliner! Even my Mac kohl eyeliner and my Marc Jacobs eyeliner can't compare to this. Love love LOVE IT!

on 12/26/2013 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE IT!! This kajal/kohl is amazing! it glides on smoothly ans it isn't prickly like the other ones i have tried. Its long-lasting and smudge proof. SO IT IS THE BEST.

on 12/4/2013 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Finally I found a smudge free kajal! Tried many brands but after a few hours they would all go beyond the eye line giving a witch look. This kajal however stays in place for hours n hours and does exactly what it says - smudge free look. It has a dark black color and glides very softly across the eye. Just one or at most two strokes are enough to give a bold black look. The packaging is also great and makes use very convenient.
On the downside, it's a bit stubborn when it comes to removal - u have to use a proper eye makeup remover to remove it coz it won't easily get washed out as most other kajals do. Other than that it's a great product at a great price.
p.s. Be aware of the fake ones. They are exact replicas and sell at a similar price. The original ones have a lil hole kinda thing at the base of the pencil whereas the fake ones are flat like a pencil.

on 11/1/2012 2:44:00 AM

this product is really very expensive as it is not as black as it is mentioned it has extremely thin pencil which is very short and unsuitable for daily use.it is a rubbish thing and a total waste of money.it is better to prefer avon or lakme kajal that atleast gives you worth of your money.it is better to prevent it than to repent.

on 10/12/2012 12:40:00 PM

I can't stress on how much I adore this product!! I'll let the pros and cons explain that to you..

PROS:

1. Absolutely stunning dark incredibly black pigment
2. The texture is like a dream..soft and workable.. Just one swipe on your waterline and you are good to go
3. It just doesnt smudge off for hours at end.. It will fade slightly but it will be there as neatly as it was when you applied it
4. You just can't beat the price. Its 150 INR which makes it super cheap given the goddamn amazing quality
5. One stick lasts and lasts
6. The packaging is a bright yellow.. You can easily spot this anywhere.. Really stands out
7. It contains vitamin E
8. It comes in a twist-up pencil sort of a packaging so you need not sharpen it when it goes blunt or something.. Hence there's no wastage of the product

CONS:

1. This isn't really a con.. But yeah some might find the packaging to be tacky
2. It will require a proper make up remover at the end of the day.. It won't come off that easily

So thats about it.. If you need a good kajal with amazing pigmentation and staying power.. GO GET IT! At the price.. Its just a steal!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely wonderful. Perfect for day wear, even to work.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Use this everyday and I love it. I usually just wear a little on my waterline and it doesn't smudge at all. It just fades away by the end of the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I believe this product is only available in India which is Kajal country.

This is a very easy to use kajal. I usually wear a very thin line on my waterline. I don't use it for big dramatic looks as I already have big eyes. It doesn't smudge which is the best thing about it. However, it doesn't last all day. I usually have a 13.5 hour day so it's all gone by the end of the day. I can't complain because it promises only 6h but I don't know anyone who reapplies kajal in the middle of the day. The good side of it is that it DISAPPEARS, not SMUDGES all over my eyes making me look like a panda.

I would buy this again but I'm going to try my Clinique gel eyeliner after the Maybelline finishes as that's supposed to be safe for the waterline although much harder to apply.