December 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Treatments (Face) - Physicians Formula - Instant Skin Calming Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by blackhalo

" a lightweight mist that provides instant soothing relief to dehydrated skin "
Agree with previous reviews, my mom got this for me because it was on a clearance and it's not even worth a dollar. It feels like spraying a light glue or a bad tanning spray onto your face. There's no relief, no redness reducing, just shininess and tackiness.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by berryfrezh

I saw this product on clearance at the store recently. I read the bottle and made an impulse buy for $4.50. At that price I thought I was getting a good deal. If only the product turned out to be a good product. It leaves a very sticky feeling after you spray it on your face. And I didn't see any results from usage. I'd recommend staying away from this product. The packaging is deceiving and its a horrible product. I can't believe they charge almost $20 for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by xpomegranate

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It says to use either under or over makeup--I don't see how you can use it over makeup, unless you want to ruin it. It's very watery spray that you spray directly onto your face, which is supposed to soothe it. It does make a minimal, barely noticeable difference in redness; however, it doesn't absorb and leaves your face really shiny/slightly oily feeling. I have to put powder over it when I use it. I feel like it's pointless, it doesn't soothe enough to be worth $17 for 5 oz of product (the bottle is huge but has an inner chamber which contains the actual product.) The only thing I can say for it is that it doesn't seem to be as comedogenic as the other products in the redness relief line. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This gets a big old "Meh" from me. I was intrigued when I saw this line at Wal-mart, came right home to read reviews and was disappointed when I could find none. So, I went out and bought the whole line to test and review. You can read my reviews for the other products as well.
Anyway, back to the spray. I've used things like Vichy and Avene sprays for years and although this was pricey for a drugstore product, I just had to know if it was as good as it sounded. The first time I sprayed it, expecting a soothing, calm wash over my skin, I immediately felt an intense itching all over. Yikes....not a good first impression. I gave it a couple more chances, to be fair, even though I was put off by the first experience. What I noticed is this.....It leaves a slightly tacky feeling on your skin and nothing else. There's no calming effect, no immediate reduction in redness, nothing. There's a slight medicinal smell that makes you think you're applying something on your skin that will make a huge difference....but it doesn't. Oh, and the price point? Get this.....$16.97. When you see the huge bottle, you're thinking you might be getting a good deal, but it's not what you think. I explained this in my other reviews as well, but I'll say it again. There's a small chamber within the bottles that holds the actual product and the outer part is just an encasing. They would probably argue that it has something to do with keeping the product stable or some garbage like that, but I wouldn't believe it.
Anyway, this spray comes in a huge bottle, but then you open it up and notice this odd little compartment in there. I poured the spray out of the bottle and measured it. You get about 5 oz in a bottle that looks as though it could hold 8 oz. So, this gets a 2 from me. It's not horrible, but it makes a lot of promises that it doesn't keep.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No