November 26, 2014 | 1928 users online

Moisturizers - Physicians Formula - Redness Relief Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by miamsg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product makes my skin so oily that I can only use it for the night, and yet I wake up covered in oil. The green tint does take the redness away, however it cannot be used under makeup as it makes the foundation roll. I saw no effects on redness reduction after 3 months of night only application.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Saibachick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, a lot of comments about how this product wouldn't suit people with oily skin, even though I have oily skin I love this product believe it or not. It doesn't clog my pores, though I am not an acne prone person. I have oily skin, but it is not super oily and my pores don't get clogged easily. I do have breakouts but I mostly when my hormones levels go up.

I also have a bit of redness on my cheeks and nose that really bothers me so I thought to pick this up. It worked very well to help my redness! I don't see very bad ingredients in this product either, it's oil free. I thought it moisturized very well and I can see this being a lot more helpful for people with normal or dry skin with redness. Though again, it worked for me an oily skinned person.

However, don't pick up the one with the green tint to use at night! That really shouldn't be used at night and that may be why some people are having their pores get clogged because that green tint is a lot like wearing makeup at night. There's a regular moisturizer and then one with green tint in it. That one is more for the morning under makeup, etc.

Anyway everyone is different. It worked very well for me and I will definitely buy this again. Though the price is a bit of a downer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by xpomegranate

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The green tint is not enough to cover the redness completely, but I had red, irritated skin that was both flaky and oily. When I use the system it's just kind of oily. I think the cleanser is useless, but the moisturizer is okay and so is the weird spray. Just beware if you have oily skin. Too expensive and causes breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by mac_aiken

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had read alot about the wonderful quality of this new line of PF skincare so I was excited to pick up this moisturizer. I have combination skin and rosacea. My rosacea is generally triggered only by extreme heat and consuming alcohol. It can be pretty reactive in those situations but easy to control otherwise. I have no allergies that I am aware of.

The first time I used this product my face got red and swollen within a half an hour. I rinsed off all products but the next morning my face and eyes were still swollen. It took about 36 hours to go away. Because I had used this for the first time along with a new eye cream, I assumed it was a reaction to the new eye cream. The next time I used the PF moisturizer I used it alone. I got the same results but a bit less severe. I can only assume now that it was caused by this product. When I went to see what ingredients were listed, I was surprised to find it is NOT listed on the bottle only the outer packaging which I had already discarded.

I have not had a problem with any skincare product before or since so I can only assume this product caused the reaction. If you have any type of skin sensitivity, pass on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could rename this product, it would probably be something like...."Clogs in a bottle". Too bad because it sounded really promising. It feels nice when you apply it. It's very thin and spreads easily, takes a minute to sink in. The slight green tint helps a bit with redness too. By the end of the day when I removed my makeup, my face was covered with small, inflamed whiteheads, not something I would expect from a calming product. I think the problem is that this line is created more for those with dry skin. The cleanser, calming spray and moisturizers are all pretty emollient and I can see it working great for someone who isn't clog-prone. If you're not oily and acne-prone like me and you're battling inflammation, you may as well give it a try. Acne-sufferers, proceed with caution!
Also, I have to mention one more thing about the size and prices of these products. When you see the huge bottles, you think you're getting a lot of product, but when you examine the contents and read the back, you feel like you've been had. If you unscrew the cap on these new bottles, you'll notice that there's a chamber that's housed inside the bottle and the outer part is just an encasing. You're getting a LOT less product than you would assume. For this one, there's actually only 1.7 oz of product in a bottle that looks as though it could hold 6 oz worth of product. Oddly, this bottle is only slightly smaller than the cleanser which holds 5 oz of product! And the price is $16.97 at Wal-mart. Little pricey for the small amount you get!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No