Paula's Choice Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (gentle cleansing agent), Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agent), Glycol Stearate (moisturizing thickener), Glyceryl Stearate (moisturizing thickener), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (soothing agent, anti-inflammatory), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (very mild cleansing/lather agent), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate (cleansing agents), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA (skin-identical ingredients), Hydroxyethylcellulose (thickener), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Citric Acid (pH balancer), Phytic Acid (chelating agent to soften hard water), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 7/6/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a month in rotation with a few other cleansers. This works well for me no matter what is going on with my skin and I can't say that for anything else I've tried. My skin is typically extremely oily, sensitive, and clog-prone, but it's also easily dehydrated and gets occasional inflammatory spots. So far I've had no issues with this cleanser and I like the fact that it rinses completely clean without causing dryness. I've also noticed that any redness is toned down quite a bit after use. I can't use most non-foaming cleansers like Cerave or Cetaphil because they clog the crap out of my skin, but this doesn't have any of my triggers so I've got my fingers crossed!

on 3/29/2015 7:23:00 PM

This is one of the best cleansers I've ever used. First off, the value is incredible, and the fact that it comes from Paula's Choice means, to me, that I can be confident that the claims made by the product are backed by its ingredients. I like that this cleanser foams slightly (most of theirs do not foam at all, but I like foam). It does not leave my face too dry/tight, but I definitely need to follow it with moisture. It is my HG cleanser, I only wish it came in a pump!

on 3/10/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To be fair, it could just be a case of using the wrong product for my skin type - the Moisture Boost line is targeted to those with normal-dry skin. I'm sensitive-dry. However, I did order samples first - and all was good so I ordered the full-size. I tried to use it four or five times but each time - my skin heated up and flushed bright red. I returned it and was refunded - PC has an excellent refund policy - so no complaints there. But if you're sensitive, tread carefully.

on 3/3/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I had always felt I needed a foaming cleanser to get my skin clean; I use foundation (though not heavy) and believe strongly in thoroughly cleansing my face (don't get me started on the one time I used a makeup towelette!).

This cleanser changed my mind; it cleanses beautifully without (maybe a teensy bit) of foaming action, and rinses off completely, no residue as with any other creamy cleanser. Yet it does get you clean, much more so than Cetaphil. However, since I have ridiculously sensitive eyes, I do use a separate eye makeup remover. (Not willing to risk swollen shut eyes again!)

My skin is very finicky; I have a few patches of seborrheic dermatitis and this doesn't irritate those, nor does it make my oilier spots greasy. I gave my sister a small amount from my large bottle, then asked her several weeks later if she was going to order it. She said, she likes it just fine, but she doesn't need much and thinks that the couple of ounces I gave her will last for awhile (she doesn't use makeup).

If you have skin that reacts poorly to creamy cleansers that leave a film, and/or foaming ones that make your skin feel tight and dry, try this!

on 7/27/2014 10:34:00 AM

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This does offer moisture and it is a great option for dry skin. I did not have any problems using it.

on 2/5/2014 2:19:00 PM

This an excellent cleanser which I can't fault. Really silky ,cleanses well,no perfumes ,dyes or other unnecessary irritants.Safe for use around eyes and does not dry out my mature skin.However a cleanser is something that is off and on the skin in minutes. That's not to say use any old thing. But I can get the same effects with my Simple cleansing gel or L'oreals skin perfection cleanser at a fraction of the price.I'd rather splash out on a serum or moisturiser.Here in the UK, PC products are not cheap like for you American ladies and gents. However this is an excellent cleanser which I would highly recommend.

on 12/21/2013 2:03:00 PM

My long search for a facial cleanser that was gentle, didn't clog my sensitive/combination/dry skin's pores, and didn't sud up (still gently lathers) ended with finding this one! I have tried so many cleansers from high-end (Tata Harper, FANCL, Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, etc.) to low-end (Cetaphil, Cerave, Aveeno) and finally I found one that gently cleanses and removes all my makeup. I love it so much I just bought the large bottle.

on 11/29/2013 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. It's very creamy and lathers, but you have to rub it in your hands first if you want lather. She says to do that and rub it gently into the skin. It cleans quite well and feels like you are using a cream. It feels nice to use. It does not leave a film. It's nicer to use than the Skin Recovery and can be used for shaving. It is not drying. The Skin Recovery is more moisturizing though, because it leaves that film. I have used this as a body wash, as the large bottle migrated to the shower. After I had a reaction to Aveeno Body wash so I started using this all over. It cleans better than Cerave, though is not as moisturizing. Cerave really helps dryness like nothing else. I wouldn't try to get of make up with Cerave though. This much creamier than the SR, which is almost watery and has no lather. That is why I like this better as a body wash. It's easier to use in general. But the SR cleans just as well and is more moisturizing. You can get off make up with this, though you need a wash cloth. I wear a lot of spf and foundation and mascara so I often do have to use a mu remover. This cleans about as well as any soap I have used and is gentle and does not have a residue.

on 11/20/2013 4:53:00 PM

Of all the PC cleansers (and I have literally tried them all) this is my favourite and the one that works best for my combination skin that veers, at times, to the drier side. I have rosacea and deal with occasional breakouts, and this cleanser is the best fit. Non-drying but thorough cleansing without any irritation and rinses perfectly clean.

on 11/18/2013 12:39:00 AM

Paula's Choice is always having sales and I purchased the bigger bottle on sale. This works beautifully with my Clarisonic. It doesn't make my skin dry and uncomfortable. Being scent free is not as fun as a beautifully scented product, but thats not an issue when you have sensitive skin. I have tried all PC Cleansers and this one is my favorite. It has a slight lather and it doesn't over dry my skin. This has been a welcomed addition to my skin care regimen.