September 19, 2014 | 1969 users online

Cleansers - Paula's Choice - Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This does offer moisture and it is a great option for dry skin. I did not have any problems using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This an excellent cleanser which I can't fault. Really silky ,cleanses well,no perfumes ,dyes or other unnecessary irritants.Safe for use around eyes and does not dry out my mature skin.However a cleanser is something that is off and on the skin in minutes. That's not to say use any old thing. But I can get the same effects with my Simple cleansing gel or L'oreals skin perfection cleanser at a fraction of the price.I'd rather splash out on a serum or moisturiser.Here in the UK, PC products are not cheap like for you American ladies and gents. However this is an excellent cleanser which I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

My long search for a facial cleanser that was gentle, didn't clog my sensitive/combination/dry skin's pores, and didn't sud up (still gently lathers) ended with finding this one! I have tried so many cleansers from high-end (Tata Harper, FANCL, Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, etc.) to low-end (Cetaphil, Cerave, Aveeno) and finally I found one that gently cleanses and removes all my makeup. I love it so much I just bought the large bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It's very creamy and lathers, but you have to rub it in your hands first if you want lather. She says to do that and rub it gently into the skin. It cleans quite well and feels like you are using a cream. It feels nice to use. It does not leave a film. It's nicer to use than the Skin Recovery and can be used for shaving. It is not drying. The Skin Recovery is more moisturizing though, because it leaves that film. I have used this as a body wash, as the large bottle migrated to the shower. After I had a reaction to Aveeno Body wash so I started using this all over. It cleans better than Cerave, though is not as moisturizing. Cerave really helps dryness like nothing else. I wouldn't try to get of make up with Cerave though. This much creamier than the SR, which is almost watery and has no lather. That is why I like this better as a body wash. It's easier to use in general. But the SR cleans just as well and is more moisturizing. You can get off make up with this, though you need a wash cloth. I wear a lot of spf and foundation and mascara so I often do have to use a mu remover. This cleans about as well as any soap I have used and is gentle and does not have a residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SkinSense78

Of all the PC cleansers (and I have literally tried them all) this is my favourite and the one that works best for my combination skin that veers, at times, to the drier side. I have rosacea and deal with occasional breakouts, and this cleanser is the best fit. Non-drying but thorough cleansing without any irritation and rinses perfectly clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by apkota

Paula's Choice is always having sales and I purchased the bigger bottle on sale. This works beautifully with my Clarisonic. It doesn't make my skin dry and uncomfortable. Being scent free is not as fun as a beautifully scented product, but thats not an issue when you have sensitive skin. I have tried all PC Cleansers and this one is my favorite. It has a slight lather and it doesn't over dry my skin. This has been a welcomed addition to my skin care regimen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Our of the three PC cleansers for normal to dry skin, this is my least favorite. There's nothing specifically bad about it, it just doesn't dazzle and seems very much so like a cleanser that I could get at the drugstore; however, it's much more expensive. Also, it's second ingredient is sodium laureth sulfate, which is fine for most people, but is drying over time for my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to weigh in here, even though I've only used it once, so take this with a grain of salt. I have received a lot of samples from Paula's Choice to try and find the 'right thing'. This cleanser felt a lot better texturally than the Skin Recovery one did, not that I minded how that one felt anyway, but the Skin Recovery one I didn't have any adverse reactions to while this one I think may have caused some. I had a few open areas 'refill' after using this, and generally I give things a chance, but I'm just so over all this drama with my face. I have other things to use right now, so if it doesn't work it's out. I would love to update if I try it again, but it probably won't happen. I'm too scared of these products that clog me up. So far all I love from PC is the 5% Daily AHA Treatment. But this is probably a no from me. If I see reviews who have had clogs in the past, I know to expect some. So that's just my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Love this cleanser more than Philosophy purity cleanser which I have used for years. It cleanses well but doesnt leave skin feeling tight. Philosophy is good too but i prefer Paula's choice. I will buy it again but will wait for a sale. haha

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by mangoekiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've always had very oily skin, but ever since I started using benzoyl peroxide for my acne, my skin surface has become very dry. I am unable to use my previous cleansers formulated for oily skin as they are now way too drying.

I'm glad I got this cleanser. Although it is not a foam cleanser, it can generate a nice lather even with a dime-sized amount. The texture is also silky and light, while being able to remove oil and light makeup completely (I say this because I usually remove my makeup with olive oil and then use the cleanser to remove the oil and makeup residue). The formula also does not sting the eyes, so I can keep my eyes open while massaging the cleanser onto my skin.

After washing my face with this cleanser, there is no residue left on my skin, and my dry skin feels moisturised with no feeling of tightness at all. I like to use it in the morning or on days when my skin feels slightly sensitive.

The only reason why I would not buy this cleanser again is the price. For someone on a student's budget, paying S$30++ for a 150ml cleanser is considered too expensive for me.

I've been using Ego QV's Gentle Wash (see MUA reviews here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=127560/Ego_-_QV_Gentle_Wash_Re-Hydrate/0/Cleansers). The ingredients may not be as good as Paula Choice's, nor is its texture as silky, but it is cheap and does a good job of cleansing dry skin. The formula is also non-comedogenic. The only downside is that it stings the eyes.