July 30, 2014 | 1675 users online

Lash Treatments - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by glamzdoll

1st of all, I only review products that are worth my 2 cents...
This is one of them. I was a skeptic...I admit it...but I actually love it.
After I murdered my natural eyelashes by applying fake eyelashes which later refused to come off,(and only did after pulling 50% of my lashes out n breaking the rest in half) I was looking for a product (ehemm latisse) to rescue them. Fortunately I did my investigative work online n came across this product. I'm fascinated. 2 weeks later my lashes look slightly longer and fuller. I see new eyelash growth. However, I've noticed that if I skip a day n don't apply it my eyelashes look blah again (but not as bad as they were). I conclude they leave residue on your eyelashes which make them look fuller but who knows. I love it. Would definitely recommend giving it a shot, I will upload before and after pics after my 30 day trial. I'll keep you guys posted.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Nadinexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I bought this product with different intentions than the results I began to notice. I bought the serum as a substitute for my mac prep and prime lash serum, which is only a months worth for each tube. I did a little research and i came across this beauty! First off, as far as my eyelashes, it took me a quite a long time until i saw a difference, and now , 3 months later i do see a reasonable difference, my lashes aren't crazy long or appear to be falsies by any means, but i do have more volume and length. secondly, i also read you could use the serum on your eysbrows too, my brows have always been sparse ,thin, and not the shape i wanted them. after about a month of applying the serum to my brows day and night I saw AMAZING progress! my brows are fuller, less sparse, and are becoming a nice shape, all thanks to this baby!(:, sooooooo happy with the results, whereas before i had an entire ,in depth brow routine, i now only need a light pencil to do the job!(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this serum works. been using it for 3 months nightly. it made my lashes grow and have a bit more bounce. but you cannot skip this nightly treatment. I made the mistake of not using it for 2 weeks due to my overconfidence of the results: bam! my eyelashes went back to normal. not good! moral of the story? you have to treat this product as if you were either: taking your vitamins, plucking your eyebrows, brushing your teeth. you cannot skip this regime. otherwise you'll think the product doesn't work. one more thing. ..a fellow reviewer was right- do not apply this and then apply your mascara. ..it will cause for your eyelashes to clump. also on the morning after you will notice your eyelashes have a somewhat transparent string..kinda like dried rubber cement...this is normal. love the product and will continue to use it until I can get a hold of the ingredients to make my own.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by CrysNabb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give it a 3 ONLY because I've never tried another lash serum. I got it half off, so I thought I'd give it a go for only a few dollars. After one week, my lashes were longer! I am a stay at home mom, so I don't wear makeup when I'm home, so I basically had this stuff on 24/7. After a couple weeks, when I put on mascara I was amazed! My lashes were so long! An I have SUPER short, thin lashes. This is so affordable, and works! It is proven, because it contains CASTOR OIL. I look forward to buying the matching mascara with the serum in it as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanting something more conditioning during the day, I decided to try this in place of my Anastasia clear brow gel. It's fabulous!! It holds beautifully (I would say as strong as my beloved Anastasia gel!) and I get to apply growth and conditioning product during the day now! I use a disposable mascara wand, insert it into the product tube, and apply as I would any clear brow gel to help set my brows and hold my Anastasia powder. I haven't found it to be too goopy, as long as I keep a light to moderate hand. I'm not a fan of the built in brow applicator for daytime use, though it is fine for bedtime when brows don't need to look perfect. ;) I use Rapid Lash on lash lines and brows in the evening (LOVE this stuff), so don't typically use this then, but I would be in heaven if Rapid Lash would package their product like this... Great job, Rimmel! Plenty of product, clear packaging to see how much product is left, and I appreciate the novelty of the wand, even if it could be improved slightly.

I also use this serum on my lash line during the day, after face makeup, but before eyeliner (I use a pencil some days and cream/gel liner other days...application still looks flawless either way). I use a very light hand so I don't get that rubbery line when dried. I also make sure to wipe any extra off my lashes, or they won't hold a curl. I use the accompanying Rimmel Accelerator Mascara as my final eye step (which I don't love, but that's for a different review). Can't tell that I'm wearing this serum at all...as long as it's a light application.

I'm really loving the conditioning aspect of this serum. I love my Rapid Lash and have been using it for a few months now with TONS of new growth and length, but I noticed a big difference in the condition of my lashes and brows when I added this Rimmel serum to the mix. Lash and brow hairs were glossy and shiny, even when I was fresh out of the shower with no product on. I've used straight castor oil (which is a main ingredient in this), but it never did what this is doing for me. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Coffeeeaddict

I started using this on December 28, 2013 and i'm currently still using it and I can say that it does work. I initially got this for my eyelashes and I use it both on my eyelashes and eyebrows. I saw a difference in my lashes in the first week. after like a couple of weeks of using it I could tell that it was working because when I would put my mascara on in the morning the lashes were all different sizes.. which was frustrating for like a week because the mascara didnt look good on my growing lashes. for like the first 3 weeks I had a couple of lashes falling out when id take off my make up. but after 5 weeks of using it I no longer have any lashes falling out. my lashes are much much longer than they were before, they're way stronger. I also think they're thicker cause it doesn't require a lot of mascara to get the full look like before, I will continue to use this until im out.

these are my lashes now: http://img.makeupalley.com/1/4/5/9/2545394.JPG

this was the weird stage when they were all a different length: http://img.makeupalley.com/1/4/5/9/2545401.JPG

this was the day before I started using the serum: http://img.makeupalley.com/1/4/5/9/2545402.JPG

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on reviews that people said they saw growth in their eyelashes and eyebrows in 1-2 weeks. Also because it was $8 at shoppers drug market which is pretty cheap compared to other expensive lash growth treatments. I used this until the bottle ran out which was about 1 month or so. I don't notice any growth in my eyebrows or eyelashes. I use the serum day and night. The only benefit I did receive from this was that my eyelashes fell out a lot less. It was worth a shot but won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by jyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The main reason I bought this is that I wanted a gel to make sure my eyebrows would stay in their proper place after applaying my eyebrows pencil... I looks like it really does help to grow my eyebrows, too. So, it's just fine for this use.

BUT, I really can't use it on my lashes. When I first applied it, it burned so much. I guess my eyes are just to sensitive for this. Instead, try ricin oil : it's natural, it's working and it's still waaaaaay cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The main ingredient in this is castor oil, and I had castor oil from trying this lash growth experiment a year or so ago. I was very diligent applying castor oil with my finger along my lashline for 3 days and then I wasn't so diligent. It was not pleasant getting castor oil in my eyes, and that is probably why I finally stopped doing it. This year, I decided to try again and again was applying too much with my finger and getting irritated eyes, so I bought this 3 weeks ago. I have been applying it to the base of my top lashes every night before bed with the eyeliner brush part, and using the mascara wand part to coat the underside of the top lashes, really getting in there at the base. I don't want really long bottom lashes, so I just leave my bottom lashes alone. I then go to sleep and this does not irritate me at all. This week, I really looked at my lashes to see if it's making a difference. My lashes look good! And as was reported with all these other castor oil based serums, I have another layer of lashes growing above the original now. They are not even, but they are definitely there, and so I thought I would add my review.

I do have long lashes to begin with, but who doesn't want longer lashes? The extra layer is kind of freaky. I mean what if another layer comes in above that one? What if I turn into a hairy-lidded freak?! No, but seriously, it does work. It isn't expensive to buy, and after I use it up, I may just add castor oil to the serum bottle and keep using it the same way I have been using it, so that would make the purchase even more inexpensive.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Lorreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was deciding between rapidlash which now available at my local drug store or this Rimmel serum which was on sale for $7. For whatever reason I decided to just try this and if it didn't work I would just move on to the rapidlash. However after reading about how some people were getting changes in eye colour and permanent dryness I decided to stick with this and if it didn't work I would try the Loreal eyelash serum.

The lashes I have been dreaming about since I was a little girl have finally came to be. This serum has made my lashes so much longer, I have less fall out and even though they were already thick they have gotten even thicker. I like the application, and I like that it doesn't sting the eyes. When I wear mascara my lashes look like false lashes. My boyfriend can't stop looking at them!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No