Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have not had any luck with this at all.I actually still have not found lash serum that worked for my lashes. Very dissapointing, because it looks like it does work for some people. I am not sure if it depends on the person, or what it is. This wasn't too expensive, so I wasn't completely upset. It just takes a while to look for the results, and I used this stuff for like 3months. I waited THAT long. Maybe I will find one that works at some point,but this one just does not work for me :(

on 4/14/2015 8:55:00 AM

This is a good product, esp for your brows if you over plucked or over waxed. Works ok for lashes but the results do not last if you stop using it. For the price, it's def worth a try!

on 4/11/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product seems to vary by user, but it definitely works for me! I saw results after probably a week. My lashes are really, really long, and they seem fuller too. I wear mascara everyday now, just because I can't resist. I use it on my top and bottom lashes, as well as my upper lash line, and I line as if it is liquid eyeliner. I use it through my brows too, but I haven't noticed too much of a difference. I bought mine for $10 at Walgreens, and I reckon it will last me a least a few more months before I have to repurchase. I use it every night before I go to sleep, and it tries relatively quickly. It does clump a little, and sometimes it'll crust around my eye. Kinda gross, but it's not a big deal, since it comes off easily. I don't expect it to leave nothing behind, as it's not some magic potion. I'd say to just make sure you own something to comb through your lashes, and you're good. This product is worth it, without a doubt. I just regret not finding it sooner.

on 4/9/2015 3:19:00 PM

I don't recommend this it does not work. No use as a lash serum has a weird effect similar to gel type exfoliators. Once I apply it to my lashes it make my lashes droop/stick together the more I apply the more it balls up. As it dries down it starts to clump and ball up even more. So I tested a patch on my hand when I rub it around it started ball up the dead skin like a gel exfoliator. The balled up clumps are stuck on my lashes hard to remove similar to when I use a gel exfoliator it sticks to the fine hairs on my face. Once it dried it's stuck on. Even tried to remove it with an oil cleanser and eye makeup remove no use. I had to rub the clumps off with my finger tips together; this end up making my lashes fall off. The tops of my eyebrows are slightly uneven so I applied some it caused some tiny breakouts in the brows.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried rapid lash with good results. The only problem being that it is about $30 a tube (I bought three tubes on amazon for $75 in a package). I saw this at Ulta and picked it up thinking if it worked it would be a great alternative to rapid lash.
The results were actually very similar for me. Rapid Lash worked much quicker, but Rimmel's accelerator gave me the same results with a little more time (maybe 2 weeks longer?).
I apply every other night, a thin layer on top and bottom lash line- I know it says top line only but I have almost zero lashes on the bottom so I put it there too. It only irritated my lids once but I was using it every day and that was too much because the irritation stopped when I switched to every other day.
It did cause some minor discoloration at the lash line, it is not noticeable to anyone but me.

Great product for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have to say that I am very pleasantly surprised with this product. My concern was my brows, which I decided I wanted thicker again as they once were. It was a challenge regrowing them and aindecided to try this Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum. It has been about four weeks of daily, nighlty use and wow, wow, wow. My brows are filling in BEAUTIFULLY. I cannot believe the results! Please, ladies, try this, you will not be disappointed!

on 3/14/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because Maybelline Full 'N Soft has a tendency to take my lashes with them and there aren't many cheap lash serum options. I've been using it for a couple months now.

PROS: It might be helping a bit with losing lashes, but I'm also using another mascara as well. My left eye has good lashes, my right eye not so much. I think it does work on bottom lashes quite well though... my left eye's bottom lashes are CRAZY LONG. Applying mascara to my top lashes simply equalizes the two now.

CONS: I hate the applicator. The wand grabs so much product, which is wet BTW, it causes lashes to instantly stick together, and they feel stiff when it dries. I know Rimmel knows this too, that's why the "cleaner" has so much tension. You can shake the wand without holding onto the tube and it doesn't budge at all! And because the wand is so skinny, and the "cleaner" so tight, there is no way you can use another mascara wand in it for better results either. I always wake up with lashes that I need to carefully clean. They ought to sell good quality lash combs right next to it or go back to the drawing board and come up with a different design.

OTHER: Strangely enough, the formula does work under mascara. The fact that it dries kinda stiff helps hold the mascara and lash shape, and it doesn't even cause spider lashes when something else is applied on top. I have no idea how because it always does on dry lashes, even when combed through.

OVERALL: I like doing something for the lashes, but I don't fully like using this. I will use it up though and probably return, since it's one of the cheapest lash serums and isn't horrible.

on 1/22/2015 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I quite like this product. I was looking for something that would nourish and condition my lashes while also making the look better. I didn't want mascara because waterproof makes me shed like crazy when I remove it and non-waterproof doesn't have the staying power I need (my eyes get watery during allergy season or whenever I yawn while sleepy, which means if I'm not wearing waterproof, I end up with mascara smudged all around my eyes). I basically wanted an easy to remove, clear gel-like product that enhances the look of my lashes in a natural way while nourishing them. This product is basically it.
This lash serum contains many ingredients that I like. Here are the ingredients, the ones with an asterisk are ingredients that condition, hydrate or promote/encourage growth:
Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin*, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol*, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil*, Arginine*, Caffeine*, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17*, Biotin*, Hydrolyzed Keratin*, Sodium Hyaluronate*, Oleanic Acid*, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1*, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract*, Sodium Benzoate
Normally, lash serums contain all of 2 or 3 good ingredients and the rest are just a bunch of chemicals. This is not the case with Rimmel lash accelerator serum. Now, none of these ingredients is going to cause miraculous growth, only Latisse can do that. However, I firmly believe mamy of the ingredients listed encourage and support growth while keeping the lashes you've already grown healthy.
I have been using this for about a month now and so far, I have experienced a significant resuction in lash shedding and my lashes seem to be slightly longer than the length they normally grow to. Since the product is like a gel it works wonders for holding a curl, which is something even some mascaras can't manage to do. It dries quickly enough (2 minutes) and has a decent lengthening effect. It doesn't seem to add volume, but I wasn't expecting that.
I do have a couple issues that I want to mention. First off, the wand suck for coating lashes. I like that there is a soft brush on the end because it makes it easier to apply the product at the lash line. The comb, however, is terrible for distributing serum along the lengths and ends of lashes. The comb picks up too much product and coats the lashes with too much serum causing all of my lashes to clump. I was able to remedy this by making sure to wipe off every bit of excess serum on the inside of the tube's rim. So, if you're having this same issue, get rid of all excess serum from the comb and then brush through your lashes. Make sure to comb through many times to help coat and separate lashes. Let the serum dry a little bit (for about a minute) and then brush through the lashes with a clean lash brush or comb. Do not brush lashes after the product has completely dried because it will cause flaking! Well, it doesn't flake off so much as peel off. Either way, it doesn't look pretty. So, make sure you curl, separate, and brush through lashes while the product is still somewhat wet.
Overall, I like everything about this product except for the comb. It does a good job of keeping lashes healthy while helping them grow. However, I feel the need to reiterate: this is not some miracle product! You will not experience significant lash growth, because that is not what this product is designed for. If that's what you're looking for, go to your doctor and get a prescription for Latisse.

on 1/22/2015 5:03:00 AM

This product is fantastic. I pull out my eyelashes put of anxiety and this has helped them grow back stronger and healthier. It does clump but that's nothing that can't be solved with a lash comb. It does take a little while to dry but that's very minor
All in all its an amazing product. I've been using it on my brows too and have seen growth in the sparse spots.

on 11/28/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My oh my, how I wish my lashes could be like fluttery butterflies and my eyebrows like furry caterpillars. I was hoping to solve my first world problems with this little guy. Unfortunately for me, it didn't work.

I was very diligent and kept track with the serum on my sparse Asian brows that grow one hair every harvest and my lashes that are too thin for my liking. I used it every night because like what most people have said, this stuff clumps. Your eyelashes will turn into one super-eyelash right in the middle. It doesn't make for a good eyelash primer basically. I took pictures of my eyelash and eyebrow progress during this time. After about two months of daily use, I grew disheartened to notice how my eyebrows were still dashes and my eye lashes still stick skinny. So no, I did not see any results in growth. The one thing I did notice, though, was that my lashes were stronger and were less prone to breakage which was obviously a good thing!

Just like biotin pills for the hair that many people claim as a miracle hair growth pill, this serum is more like vitamins for your lashes. Both products are cheap and good for your hair and eyelashes (keeps them strong and moisturized), but it's >$10 and won't leave you with Rapunzel hair overnight nor falsies. That being said, Rimmel should've marketed this product as an eyelash moisturizer/"supplement" if the cosmetic industry decided to become honest.

Though this product did not leave me with the desired results, I do believe it depends on everyone's hair type. I'm sure if you have lashes and eyebrows that grow at a normal speed and aren't too sparse, then the serum will have a much better payoff. As for me, girl with a poor eyebrow and eyelash genetic makeup, I'd probably need something heftier.

TIPS: Use as a brow gel if you don't like the product. Don't throw away your money!