Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 8/25/2015 3:01:00 AM

Yes this did really grow out my eyelashes, but it also weaken them to the point where they started falling off. I pretty sure it's this product becuase I stopped using it and then started again and the exact same thing happened. I've completely stopped and my missing eyelashes have grown back. Idk it could be that I am allergic to some ingredient in it? Now I'm a little hesitant to trying any other serums.

on 8/16/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this on my brows and if I use this for a few days, I can start to tell a difference. My brows look fuller and more plump, but if I stop using it, this look goes a way quickly. I do like this product but I don't think I'll repurchase.

on 8/4/2015 9:02:00 PM

This has made my lashes INSANE! Will repurchase over and over again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have not had any luck with this at all.I actually still have not found lash serum that worked for my lashes. Very dissapointing, because it looks like it does work for some people. I am not sure if it depends on the person, or what it is. This wasn't too expensive, so I wasn't completely upset. It just takes a while to look for the results, and I used this stuff for like 3months. I waited THAT long. Maybe I will find one that works at some point,but this one just does not work for me :(

on 4/14/2015 8:55:00 AM

This is a good product, esp for your brows if you over plucked or over waxed. Works ok for lashes but the results do not last if you stop using it. For the price, it's def worth a try!

on 4/11/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product seems to vary by user, but it definitely works for me! I saw results after probably a week. My lashes are really, really long, and they seem fuller too. I wear mascara everyday now, just because I can't resist. I use it on my top and bottom lashes, as well as my upper lash line, and I line as if it is liquid eyeliner. I use it through my brows too, but I haven't noticed too much of a difference. I bought mine for $10 at Walgreens, and I reckon it will last me a least a few more months before I have to repurchase. I use it every night before I go to sleep, and it tries relatively quickly. It does clump a little, and sometimes it'll crust around my eye. Kinda gross, but it's not a big deal, since it comes off easily. I don't expect it to leave nothing behind, as it's not some magic potion. I'd say to just make sure you own something to comb through your lashes, and you're good. This product is worth it, without a doubt. I just regret not finding it sooner.

on 4/9/2015 3:19:00 PM

I don't recommend this it does not work. No use as a lash serum has a weird effect similar to gel type exfoliators. Once I apply it to my lashes it make my lashes droop/stick together the more I apply the more it balls up. As it dries down it starts to clump and ball up even more. So I tested a patch on my hand when I rub it around it started ball up the dead skin like a gel exfoliator. The balled up clumps are stuck on my lashes hard to remove similar to when I use a gel exfoliator it sticks to the fine hairs on my face. Once it dried it's stuck on. Even tried to remove it with an oil cleanser and eye makeup remove no use. I had to rub the clumps off with my finger tips together; this end up making my lashes fall off. The tops of my eyebrows are slightly uneven so I applied some it caused some tiny breakouts in the brows.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried rapid lash with good results. The only problem being that it is about $30 a tube (I bought three tubes on amazon for $75 in a package). I saw this at Ulta and picked it up thinking if it worked it would be a great alternative to rapid lash.
The results were actually very similar for me. Rapid Lash worked much quicker, but Rimmel's accelerator gave me the same results with a little more time (maybe 2 weeks longer?).
I apply every other night, a thin layer on top and bottom lash line- I know it says top line only but I have almost zero lashes on the bottom so I put it there too. It only irritated my lids once but I was using it every day and that was too much because the irritation stopped when I switched to every other day.
It did cause some minor discoloration at the lash line, it is not noticeable to anyone but me.

Great product for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have to say that I am very pleasantly surprised with this product. My concern was my brows, which I decided I wanted thicker again as they once were. It was a challenge regrowing them and aindecided to try this Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum. It has been about four weeks of daily, nighlty use and wow, wow, wow. My brows are filling in BEAUTIFULLY. I cannot believe the results! Please, ladies, try this, you will not be disappointed!

on 3/14/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because Maybelline Full 'N Soft has a tendency to take my lashes with them and there aren't many cheap lash serum options. I've been using it for a couple months now.

PROS: It might be helping a bit with losing lashes, but I'm also using another mascara as well. My left eye has good lashes, my right eye not so much. I think it does work on bottom lashes quite well though... my left eye's bottom lashes are CRAZY LONG. Applying mascara to my top lashes simply equalizes the two now.

CONS: I hate the applicator. The wand grabs so much product, which is wet BTW, it causes lashes to instantly stick together, and they feel stiff when it dries. I know Rimmel knows this too, that's why the "cleaner" has so much tension. You can shake the wand without holding onto the tube and it doesn't budge at all! And because the wand is so skinny, and the "cleaner" so tight, there is no way you can use another mascara wand in it for better results either. I always wake up with lashes that I need to carefully clean. They ought to sell good quality lash combs right next to it or go back to the drawing board and come up with a different design.

OTHER: Strangely enough, the formula does work under mascara. The fact that it dries kinda stiff helps hold the mascara and lash shape, and it doesn't even cause spider lashes when something else is applied on top. I have no idea how because it always does on dry lashes, even when combed through.

OVERALL: I like doing something for the lashes, but I don't fully like using this. I will use it up though and probably return, since it's one of the cheapest lash serums and isn't horrible.