October 26, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eyeliner - Giorgio Armani - Smooth Silk Eye Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by hannahmay235

I must confess that this is my first ever eyeliner, I have it in #4 which is black. £18 seemed a horrendous amount of money to pay for an eyeliner, especially when you can get ones at £2 in Boots but I had money to splurge so went to Harvey Nichols and bought this, along with the GA Eyes to Kill original mascara. This feels like butter on my eyelids, and doesn't drag or irritate my skin. This is important for me because I wear contact lenses so some make up can irritate my eyelid. I bought this in April and I am not even halfway through it. I love the smudger on the end which gives me a subtle smoky eye effect, which I wear to school. Best eyeliner ever, excited to try it in brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I thought my HG was UD eyeliners but GA has totally surprised me with this Smooth Silk Eye Pencil. The texture is simply gorgeous - extremely smooth, and glides on like silk, there is no tugging at all which i love and depostis the colour equally without any splotchiness. I love love love this. I have this in #4 which is supposedly black but I feel that this is more of a greyish-black than a true, deep black. If you're looking for a true, deep black you may be disappointed with this one. I am however loving it for everyday wear because it's just so easy to use. It doesn't smudge on me either (i dab a little face powder on my lids too when i'm using it for my face and it helps the liner stay put all day). I will be purchasing more colours. GA please do not discontinue these!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by taoanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the colors of Armani Pencils are very chic and not to drastic.

I got the green - number 6. It's a nice green eventhough my favorite green it is and will always be the chanel "evergreen", it was a limited edition, the best green I ever owned as eye pencil, anyway, armani is not bad at all, and I am looking forward to get the blue as well.

This pencil has not a long lasting power as for the waterproof Armani pencil, but so far I had no allergies or problems. It's a nice product, a bit pricy but if you are looking for a green that is not to much obvious, I would recomment it this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

#12 - black brown is perfect for a natural look
I sharpen and apply a thin line close to the upper lash line, to fill in lashes.
Really opens up my eye, whitens and brightens the eye, and looks so natural.

Silky smooth texture applies easily and does not smear!

Formula does not irritate the eye.

Always remove it completely with Lancome BiFacils eye makeup remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Shourek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When it comes to eyeliner, I always like buying a different brand each time I run out, so I have come to try most of the ones made by "higher" brands.
This is one of the worst.
I have blue/green eyes, so the chocolate/expresso (I sharpened the pencil past the color code, oups!) shade suits me perfectly.
The pencil sharpens well, the smudger works great, the color is fine... but the consistency of the pencil is so creamy, it won't hold past 2 hours on me, and I don't have oily skin.
I normally do the "Audrey Hepburn" look with my eyeliners, and so the pencil has to be a little creamy, but the line has to stay a line!
With this, my line ends up looking like eyeshadow - I'm not even joking. When I read the reviews I thought "well it has to smudge a little!", but this pencil smudges COMPLETELY.
I haven't tried Giorgio Armani's other products, but I can tell you that this eyeliner is not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by dreamrn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

its not a good eyeliner, it smudges and gives me a panda look after 2 hours. i want something that stays on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by CherryBlossom46

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These eyeliners are amazing!!!!!!!II have the chocolate brown shade (I think is nş12).
The color is beautiful, with no weird red undertones (it's so hard to find a good flattering brown liner when you have dark brown eyes).
It's super creamy, glides on like a dream and it comes with a cute smudger tip, perfect for getting the smokey effect!Plus, this liner stays on all day long!Incredible!!!
They're pricy, but totally worth it!HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by hairsprayjunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencils are a lovely alternative to black eye liner. I use the Navy Blue and Purple all the time. They go on smooth with no tugging. They are soft, which I would bet for some people means smudges. However I like the texture and do not have a problem with smudges. The price is a bit high for a pencil, but pencils last forever (sorry ophthalmologists). (Separate review, JANE makes a great, uber cheap black pencil that is fabulous.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite eye pencil. It is easy to apply (it goes on like silk even if it is not a kohl), to smudge, to take off. The packaging has a sponge applicator which does not irritate the eyes (unlike the Chanel one which is very sturdy).

The only downside is the lack of staying power: it tends to disappear during the day. As I have not found any other product that gives better results (I tried Mac, Chanel, Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Dior , Nars and MyFace) I will repurchase it. n.5 if a great warm purple colour that works fantastically with hazel eyes. I have also tried the deep brown (n. 12), which is equally amazing.

****EDIT: I bought this in black and it flakes very badly. Whilst the other colours are great and do not give problems the quality of the black pencil is not satisfactory.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by ElizaJJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner in the darkest brown shade. It is a perfect dark coffee, almost black brown and looks great against my fair skin and dark blue eyes. It is my favourite eyeliner pencil in the world and would have top marks if it were not for the fact that it does not have great staying power and wears off after a while just like any other pencil eyeliner I have come across. It is pricey but I will always buy again as I think it is worth it for the perfect colour, silky application and sophisticated look it gives to my eyes.