October 1, 2014 | 1936 users online

Moisturizers - Kinerase - Dr. Lewinn Lift and Resculpt Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by dhk12300

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great cream. I too have roscea and this calms it to the point where the roscea is pretty much gone. My skin now looks HEALTHY. Bounces back if pinched. Haven't seen that in years.

It takes a few weeks to see real results. I think the older you are, the more you will see (I'm old :) late 50's. ) Tho u will see a improvement the 1st time you use it. It does not tighten and firm by sucking water out of the skin, as too many creams do (glycols is what anti-freeze is made of ladies, always check ingredient lists, glycols/ppeg's are extremely dehydrating and a disaster on roscea). Since it is summer, I have also just started using micro Retin-A once or twice a week. I put this cream over top of the micro Retin-A as retin is so dehydrating.

This is the product I would want most if I were stranded on a desert island.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by RuskiCho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually don't drop 30 bucks on face cream, but as a 24 year old who does some convention modeling I want to really take care of my skin. I have one smile line that's become noticeable in the past few years, and some fine lines particularly under one eye. I hope I'm not imagining this but this cream has seemed to soften the nasal-labial fold and I can no longer see the fine line that used to appear at the corner of my mouth. The under-eye lines are less noticeable too. My skin has an overall smoother, brighter, prettier appearance. The jar has lasted me for several weeks so far and the cream has the BEST orange scent. I think my skin looks a bit better in pictures too. For me, this cream is expensive, so I'm not sure if I'll buy it again... but I am happy with the improvements I've seen so far!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on my second jar of this lightweight cream. I have used the more expensive Kinerase before using this product. What I notice about the active ingredient kinetin the most is how calming and soothing it is to my skin. I am prone to redness and definitely have a reduction in blotchiness while using Kinerase. Another noticeable benefit is how calm and smooth my skin is. Contains kinetin to help keep skin cells younger longer, LOXL extract to stimulate elastin and firm skin, plus Snap-8 Peptide to gently soften wrinkles. I do not notice significant wrinkle reduction but honestly did not expect to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Feels like heaven going on. Light but creamy texture. Almost a cooling sensation. Very soft and barely detectable fragrance. Doesn't bother my sensitive rosacea skin at all. I can't tell yet about the long-term firming help. ("They" say there is no product that actually firms anyway.) Available at Walmart for a much more reasonable price than Walgreens (see cons, though.)

CONS: Not the cheapest, but I have my ways of making it last longer in the "application tips" below. After I put it on, my skin will feel just slightly sticky. I don't know if this is moisturizing enough for me. I will have to see. (I'm quite dry.) Some won't like that it's in a jar and not in a pump, but I make sure my hands are clean. Discontinued by Walmart and now being phased out at Walgreens, this is VERY hard to find.

APPLICATION TIPS: Apply it to a wet face right after cleansing so that it will go further. Putting it over the water will also help seal in more moisture.

ALTERNATES: My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No